Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » How to smooth graphics

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
How to smooth graphics
OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Well typically those frames have same dt, only when there's something unexpected there's a gap. But to solve this problem you just either need some external timer, which will tick exactly on time and spawn a bullet. Or you can have a variable which will be incremented by dt and after it gets over some threshold it spawns a bullet, ussually you update the bullet after the spawning phase, so it will actually move as requested.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

These delta time issues are all reasons why I prefer the simpler fixed logic rate approach. I know delta time might provide better results when done properly, but it's a difficult way to code for me. :)

Albin Engström
Member #8,110
December 2006

hmmm

1   2   3   4 

Go to: