Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » FORCE MAJEURE - new shoot'em up

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
FORCE MAJEURE - new shoot'em up
Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

like which analog stick/d-pad to use. :)

fsDoom
Member #7,690
August 2006

ooh.. yeah that could be something.. I have a dualshock II adapter myself.. I could play around a bit with it.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

It shouldn't be too much different from the joystick button config you already have. :)

Funny, I am listening to some music from Loveless right now. :D

Albin Engström
Member #8,110
December 2006

i love shmups... "skit bra" :)

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

Särskrivningspolisen säger; "skitbra" :P

Anyway; kickass game! A tad on the difficult side :D The few times i get to the boss, i die there.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Collect as many gun powerups as possible, shoot out the lower turret first. :)

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Remind me Metal Slug ;-p

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

When the top two turrets are the only ones left, just hover at the left side of the screen level with them and keep firing. Don't move. Their shots will miss. :P

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Albin Engström
Member #8,110
December 2006

played it some more and here's a few things a like and dislike: all shots have the same color :(. the projectiles are big :(. i don't know the critical point on my ship :(. the game is hard :). the projectiles move around very much(changing their course) making it hard to predict their movements :( sometimes :). the shots sometimes dissapears (while some fired by the same enemy don't) :(. feeling :).
overall :). i guess this is the kind of game that you need to play for a while so you know where all the enemies will turn up, because when you do: :).
hope to play the full version soon!.

BTW, i've added an attachment with a picture of my highscore.......... - -

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

You are kind of a comic, Albin ;D But you are also as hard as rock in your comments :-X

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

For the critical point on your ship: There's a freakin' arrow pointing to it on the character select!

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

But it indicates nothing about the size or orientation of it. It sure isn't one pixel.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Albin Engström
Member #8,110
December 2006

Kikaru: OOPS... my bad..

Well, i said those things to point out what i think is good and not, and i expect people to do the same when i place my game in the depot :). It's important right?, when you make your own game it's to be expected that you also play it alot and therefor negates alot of things because you're so familiar with it. am i wrong?.

My comments may have been hard but that does not change the fact that the game is great :). sorry if i have made someone sad......

Oh, and one more thing: I can't sign the highscore.. because i always use my initials when there's a 3character signingsystemstuff and there A P E... ><.. not that that is a bad thing.. it's just a coincidence :P

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

I use simple 3-letter words, like yes, yay, no!, bob, joe, yo!, mo!, ect. :)

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

I just used 2 letters.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Played it, liked it.

Ya.

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

I got 23985 using Hellbaty. Great game!

fsDoom
Member #7,690
August 2006

Thanks for the great response Albin (btw my name is Albin too ... now THAT's a coincidence)

"i don't know the critical point on my ship"

This has been taken care of in v1.3 demo (which will be out soon), your hitbox (exact hitbox) is displayed when you join a game and there's a large arrow that points on it and the text "WEAK POINT" flashes for a few seconds.

"the shots sometimes dissapears (while some fired by the same enemy don't) "

This is fully explained in the readme-file, and will also be explained in the "how to play"-tutorial which will be available in the full game.

Thanks again :)

Oh.. and I think you cheated on your highscore.

Albin Engström
Member #8,110
December 2006

glad you liked my comments :). so here's some more stuff i thought about when i played: the smoke that comes from the missiles gets in the way of sight, i don't know if this is a good or a bad thing, they create a cool atmosphere, i like it, but at the same time i don't :P. One thing that makes me really sad very often are the helicopters.. those bastards can shoot a lot of projectiles! and they are the main reason to my deaths.. i love hard games but those helicopters makes me mad...
Will there be a difficulty switch in comming versions?

And it's not cheating, it's art :).
there's no better name than "Albin", and girls find it cute too +.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Bump! I can't wait, I want a new demo already. ;_;

--

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Me too! Give us more! We must be fed...
O O
(W)

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Whoops, can't have this falling off the Recent Threads page. Come ooon! Demo!

--

Kauhiz
Member #4,798
July 2004

My hi score's 34 045. One issue that I find a bit annoying, is the sound effect for Choke's fully upgraded cannon. It's too beefy! Could you tone it down a bit, so I could still hear the awesome music while kicking ass :).

---
It's Ridge Racer! RIIIIIDGE RAAAAACER!

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

That reminds me. There is one thing that annoys me about the scoring system: THe fact that you lose all multipliers upon dying. This means that in order to get a high score, you need to never die. Ever. Not-dying becomes the main point of the game rather than trying to hit as much stuff as possible. I find myself being forced to reset the game (which has significant overhead) over and over again because I die once and lose my only chance to get a high score. Whether this is intended or not I don't know; what I do know is that I'm not enjoying it.

--

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Hmmm... I see what you are saying about that, but I die so much normally I just need to reduce the rate. Why not just lose a fraction of your multipliers, like half?

1   2   3   4 

Go to: