Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Dodger revisited (need help)

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Dodger revisited (need help)
OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

And one more thing: this game is addicting!

Sure it is. When I introduced it for a first time to my friend I had problems to get him out of my laptop ;) Yesterday I brought the translated version (well it was not necessary) and the infection spreaded. Then came another friend and said: "I'd not definately play that..." We all replied: "Just try it" Well as you can predict he stayed with Dodger till the end of the lesson ;D

Quote:

Btw, speaking of top scores, I'm tempted to delete the best two from the database. They look a little suspicious to me...

After seeing what I reported I became suspicious too :-/

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

After seeing what I reported I became suspicious too

Actually the thing that made the suspicious was that they were posted within three minutes of each other. No one is that good.

--
sig used to be here

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

I really like this game. A little weird, but still good. :)

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

I hope you have some way how to check the older versions.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

wiseguy
Member #44
April 2000

Miran said:

It'd be nice to know how much trouble you have compiling this. Because you need lots of semi non standard libs to compile (MASkinG, AllegroFont, DUMB) and a few more standard ones (Allegro, cURL, pthreads). Maybe I should just make a Linux binary?

I had absolutely no problems compiling this in linux....worked good except for a segfault when I chose to quit (oh and I had to edit the cfg file and change fullscreen to 0 instead of 1)

Of course, I downloaded this from your site when you first posted this, so I don't have the updated src code, so I can try later to recompile it...and if you want I can send you the binary or make a tar.gz package out of it

It is funny though because I was going to use Masking a long time ago, but couldn't get it to compile under windows...(the main problem was with the alfont src for some reason)

Now if I could just get my sound working for allegro games....I have tried about everything and just keep getting "no supported synth found" when installing sound... something to do with the ALSA MIDI...dunno

EDIT

Miran, it would be nice you could put your version number in the name of the source package on the site...I had to run the game to see if I had version 1.16 or 1.18

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

I had absolutely no problems compiling this in linux....worked good except for a segfault when I chose to quit (oh and I had to edit the cfg file and change fullscreen to 0 instead of 1)

That's good to hear. :) Of course you should get the latest version and recompile. Now it doesn't crash at exit anymore, at leas not that often if it does...

Quote:

..and if you want I can send you the binary or make a tar.gz package out of it

That's OK, I can make Linux binaries myself (Linux is my primary platform). The thing is that an Allegro program must be statically linked to be really portable because many distributions don't carry Allegro... :-/

Quote:

It is funny though because I was going to use Masking a long time ago, but couldn't get it to compile under windows...(the main problem was with the alfont src for some reason)

Yeah, I get that a lot. Alfont is a really screwed up library... :-/

Quote:

Now if I could just get my sound working for allegro games....I have tried about everything and just keep getting "no supported synth found" when installing sound... something to do with the ALSA MIDI...dunno

I say don't bother with MIDI, just pass 0 for the MIDI device. It is possible to get MIDI working on Linux, either through a software synth (Timidity) or if you have a sound blaster card through awesfx and a nice soundfont, but IMHO it's just not worth it. Just go with ogg or one of the tracker formats for music...

Quote:

Miran, it would be nice you could put your version number in the name of the source package on the site...I had to run the game to see if I had version 1.16 or 1.18

Yeah, that's a good idea, I'll do it from now on. Although you could just open readme.txt. The version number is right at the top of the file... ;)
And I see I forgot to update the first post...

--
sig used to be here

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Wow, this game is amazing. My best score is 14 sec. I like this. :)

1   2   3 

Go to: