This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Everlands: the second Go
juvinious
Member #5,145
October 2004

gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 (Gentoo 4.1.1-r1)
Openlayer 2.0 latest svn

It could be an issue with my drivers, but as soon as I'm in game there is no problems, so I don't know. All in all it looks good and I look forward to seeing more. :)

Fladimir da Gorf
Member #1,565
October 2001

It looks awfully like it's trying to run in 16-bpp mode even if the graphics are loaded as 32-bpp. Strange...

OpenLayer has reached a random SVN version number ;) | Online manual | Installation video!| MSVC projects now possible with cmake | Now alvailable as a Dev-C++ Devpack! (Thanks to Kotori)

Nils Fagerburg
Member #7,193
May 2006

Fantastic game! :D
I got 9min 57sec on the first map, but the second one keeps crashing.
I hope you continue developing this game as it's really quite fun.

--
There's no place like ~.

imaxcs
Member #4,036
November 2003

Yes, it really looks that way... but the buttons get loaded in 32-bit for sure. Could have something to do with GuiChan. Anyway, my gcc version is:

Quote:

gcc version 3.4.6 (Gentoo 3.4.6-r1, ssp-3.4.5-1.0, pie-8.7.9)

Maybe it's the version 4.* of gcc that's causing it. I will have a look! :)

Nils: YES! The first one who manages to complete a mission (except me ;)). So that means that the game starts to be playable!! It took about a year, but hey... :D

On a side-note: I have changed the clumsy way of assigning humans to workplaces. See here.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

Nils: YES! The first one who manages to complete a mission (except me ).

I finished the first mission ages ago. :P

Quote:

On a side-note: I have changed the clumsy way of assigning humans to workplaces. See here.

If all workers are now assigned by holding W while right-clicking on the building, then why bother holding the W key at all? Simply right-clicking where you want them to work would be much simpler.

imaxcs
Member #4,036
November 2003

But you didn't post your time, so I assumed you didn't finish it! :)

Quote:

If all workers are now assigned by holding W while right-clicking on the building, then why bother holding the W key at all? Simply right-clicking where you want them to work would be much simpler.

Then, how do you simply send a human to a house?

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

But you didn't post your time, so I assumed you didn't finish it!

14 min 49 sec.

Quote:

Then, how do you simply send a human to a house?

Sending them to houses to do what?

imaxcs
Member #4,036
November 2003

You have a point there! Right now it doesn't make much sense to directly send a human to a house, but it will in the future of the game's development. I plan certain aspects where it is viable to send humans to a house. I will keep it like that for now. But if these aspects don't make it into the game, I will take your advice and make it possible to assign them with a single click. :)

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

I plan certain aspects where it is viable to send humans to a house.

You could use right-clicking for this, since right-clicking on a house with a worker selected currently does nothing.

By the way, I'm still getting random crashes in the second mission. I've tried running the program through GDB twice, but both times the entire system has locked up when the game crashes.

imaxcs
Member #4,036
November 2003

I am working on it! :)

1   2 

Go to: