Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Dutch Allegro Con

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Dutch Allegro Con
FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

For those who have missed the other thread.

When: Saturday the 25th (tomorrow)
Time: 21:30
Where: The Tara Irish pub, Amsterdam

Expected members: amarillion, Andrei Ellman, Evert, FMC.

Anyone else will be there? :)

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Someone else can post pictures later (my camera's CCD seems to have died); I'll just do a quick summary for everyone who missed it.
We had a drink in the Tara, which was quite crowded, then went to find another place. We eventually settled for a whisky bar where we could just about squeeze in where we had a few more drinks. It turned out that Andrei and I live in the same general area of town so we cycled together for a bit. I was pretty soaked from the rain when I got home (but the weather looks lovely now).

All in all, great fun. :)

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Seemes like you guys had a nice evening.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Pictures!

http://blog.bigcat.unimaas.nl/~martijn/Pictures/AllegroCon06/136_3673.jpg
Our mascott
http://blog.bigcat.unimaas.nl/~martijn/Pictures/AllegroCon06/136_3666_r1.jpg
The meeting place
http://blog.bigcat.unimaas.nl/~martijn/Pictures/AllegroCon06/136_3667.jpg
from left to right: Evert, Andrei and me
http://blog.bigcat.unimaas.nl/~martijn/Pictures/AllegroCon06/136_3668.jpg
from left to right: Francesco (friend of FMC), Fabio (FMC), me, Evert and Andrei

Yes, it was fun. We just had chat and a few drinks. Andrei showed off a game of his making on his cell phone that he was developing for a company, but unfortunately the project got canceled. We chatted about work and all the games we are still planning to make. And we also introduced Fabio to some dutch customs. I'm curious how Fabio is enjoying the rest of his trip.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

FOOLISH MORTALS!

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Evert, looking older than the previous pics I saw (not in a bad way..). Andrei, do you close your eyes in every pic?

Fabrio looks crazy.. :D

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

I probably am older than in previous pictures you saw...

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

What I meant was you look more like a man than a teenager. :)

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Not really. He looks the same. As far as I can tell anyway.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

Nice pics, I'm glad everyone got to meet and enjoy the time! :D

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

kazzmir
Member #1,786
December 2001

Anyone want to have a Boston Allegro Con? Wheres the members map again..

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

What about Albany Allegro Con? :P If it were closer than Boston, perhaps I could go, depending on my parents reaction to their 16 y/o son wanting to meet people from the internet in real life. :P

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

Here are the photos I took with my phone. As you can see, photos were meant to be taken with cameras, and not with phones.

In Both photos, Evert is on the left, and Martijn is on the right.

I think that most of the summary has already been mentioned already, but needless to say, we talked a lot about the various aspects of Allegro, and it appears that most of us were fans of Transport Tycoon and it's variants.

Overall, it turned out well. I think that more Allegro cons should be organised. Have there been any other Allegro cons held anywhere? If so, could somebody post a link to the thread about it or some pictures?

Quote:

Andrei, do you close your eyes in every pic?

It's a side-effect of the red-eye removal flash found in digital cameras. It forces me to blink when the picture is taken.

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

Marco Radaelli
Member #3,028
December 2002

You finally made it. Great :)

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

yay for bugs on allegro.cc! Your file downloads as "allegro.cc" :P

Pedro Avelar Gontijo
Member #5,372
January 2005

Yay for cons! So cool :)
I wish I could show up in one...

BAF said:

depending on my parents reaction to their 16 y/o son wanting to meet people from the internet in real life. :P

Exactly the same.

----------
兩隻老虎,兩隻老虎,跑得快!

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Evert is a cute guy!

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I think we agreed that we'll have the next Allego Con in Amsterdam whenever somebody is visiting again, like FMC in this case.

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

BAF said:

yay for bugs on allegro.cc! Your file downloads as "allegro.cc" :P

The server needs to replace spaces with %20s which it currently doesn't. Just add a .zip extension to the end and you'll be fine.

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

If anyone wants to see me, I'm easily found here in Skövde... ;D

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Quote:

If anyone wants to see me, I'm easily found here in Skövde... ;D

We could perhaps have a Swedish gathering some time in the future, there are a lot of people from Sweden here. :)

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Back!

Well, what can i say, i enjoyed practically everything of this little trip.
I enjoyed the city, the allegro con, the people, the museums and the atmosphere, i'll sure come back sooner or later.

One note of advice people: get a map and a bicycle, else you'll die in there :P
The first night, after the allegro con, it took us something like 2 hours to walk back to the hotel; the next day with a map it took 15 minutes...

Also: document yourself! Just by reading a few free brochures we cut costs in general by 1/3!
This said i'd reccomand Amsterdam to everyone.

It was very nice the meet you guys at the "con", you where very kind and we had a good time, next time we ought to setup a gaming LAN!

Pics as soon as i find the camera's USB cable...

Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Corelian
Member #3,376
March 2003

Quote:

next time we ought to setup a gaming LAN

*coughwehavethisthingcalledtheinternetcough*

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Well you can't laugh and shout in their face through internet, can't you? ;D

1   2 

Go to: