Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » [SH05] Bunkermaster

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
[SH05] Bunkermaster
Rodrigo Monteiro
Member #4,373
February 2004

Bunkermaster is my entry for Speedhack 05, and the result of three exhausting days of coding. I hope you have as much fun playing it as I had programming it, because, yes, it was a lot of fun, aside from the super evil bugs. :)

The game idea is that you must march against the enemy armies (to your right) until you can't anymore. If you fail to take the next flagpole within 100 seconds (50 in the speedhack version), you lose the game.

Win32 binary+Source:
- Speedhack version: http://files.cellosoft.com/zeratul/bunkermaster.zip
- 1.02 (Linux friendly): http://files.cellosoft.com/zeratul/bunkermaster_v102.zip

9620-1-small 9620-2-small 9620-3-small

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I love your game :-*

Johan Peitz
Member #9
April 2000

Agreed, this is a really fresh and fun game. A bit repetetive, but fun. Good job, two thumbs up!

--
johan peitz :: things I made

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Just tried it, it's fun! Amazing job! How much code did you reuse and how much was written from scratch?

Gnatinator
Member #2,330
May 2002

This is one of my favorites. Another well done job by AMZ.

Make it multiplayer? ;)

Fladimir da Gorf
Member #1,565
October 2001

Ahah, a great game indeed! First I had a bit of trouble capturing even the first flag but eventually I was able to get quite far after all...

OpenLayer has reached a random SVN version number ;) | Online manual | Installation video!| MSVC projects now possible with cmake | Now alvailable as a Dev-C++ Devpack! (Thanks to Kotori)

Rodrigo Monteiro
Member #4,373
February 2004

Thanks for the compliments.

I've been getting some requests to make it multiplayer. While I think it would be really interesting, I'd have to rewrite much of it so it would function with a server-client environment (peer to peer is out of question, the desynchronization would be impossible to solve), and make the game work with more than one player... etc.

So I'm not promising anything, but I'll look into it. :)

Johan Peitz
Member #9
April 2000

Who cares about networking? Make it split screen mayhem! (see attached image)

--
johan peitz :: things I made

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Looks great, very very polished. But I die every time before I can reach the first flagpole! :(

Rodrigo Monteiro
Member #4,373
February 2004

To everyone saying it's too hard, take it easy. :)
You have 50 seconds to take it... it's enough to wait for your troops to advance and go along with them. Also take cover by entering sandbags and towers, they give you damage reduction.

Also, beware, when flagpoles' doors light up, then it means it's about to spawn, so either take it quickly or run away!

Gnatinator
Member #2,330
May 2002

Just grab the flamer and go in hardcore firebat style

works every time ;)

Rodrigo Monteiro
Member #4,373
February 2004

I just managed to get 33535 points on the game, and I was ABOUT to grab a health box... Though, I must admit, my version gives me 100 seconds to capture next flagpole. I'll fix a few other things and upload a non-speedhack version.

[EDIT]: here you go: http://files.cellosoft.com/zeratul/bunkermaster_v101.zip

Don Freeman
Member #5,110
October 2004

Does anyone have a 4.2 version of allegro compiled for windows that I can download please?

Edit:
I'm currently using 4.1.17 WIP...sorry! I'm stone aged!

--
"Everyone tells me I should forget about you, you don’t deserve me. They’re right, you don’t deserve me, but I deserve you."
"It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Don Freeman
Member #5,110
October 2004

Thanks Matthew!

--
"Everyone tells me I should forget about you, you don’t deserve me. They’re right, you don’t deserve me, but I deserve you."
"It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."

Rodrigo Monteiro
Member #4,373
February 2004

New version up, now includes a makefile that should work on Linux, thanks to juvinious. Also, as a consequence of it not working on Linux, FBlend is now optional.

http://files.cellosoft.com/zeratul/bunkermaster_v102.zip

Everything else is identical to v1.01, so you should probably only bother if you can't build it because of fblend.

Michael Faerber
Member #4,800
July 2004

Thanks for making a Linux compatible version! :D

This game is bloody, but very cool! I can just take one flagpole, though.
(This is not because of a programming failure, but because of me being a bad player probably ;) )

--
"The basic of informatics is Microsoft Office." - An informatics teacher in our school
"Do you know Linux?" "Linux? Isn't that something for visually impaired people?"

Frank Drebin
Member #2,987
December 2002

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Really awesome, I like the blood all over the place ;D

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Frank Drebin
Member #2,987
December 2002

Rodrigo Monteiro
Member #4,373
February 2004

Nope, it never ends... in theory, you can play forever, or, more likely, until precision goes out of bounds and the game starts acting weird... but that would probably take way longer than anyone would want to play :)

[EDIT] Yay, just got 71 thousand points in the game. :)
What are your top scores?

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

36805 is mi highest score but I'll try to beat you ;)

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

Hehe, this game is so much fun. :)

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Yay, addictive, great "driving" music. Very satisfying feeling mowing down the enemies. My personal best is only about 19000 so far.

Rodrigo Monteiro
Member #4,373
February 2004

My friend said he has 78k as highscore... It shouldn't be too hard, a little more and I'd have gotten it when I got 71.

1   2 

Go to: