Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Post your Desktop!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Post your Desktop!
Cody Harris
Member #4,406
March 2004

Ultio
Member #1,336
April 2001

Guess I'll join in the fun. Modified to hide a bit of the current project-ness. :-*

---
"It's nice knowing that someday, the software I write will just be pirated by millions of people." :-/
http://loomsoft.net | Zep's Dreamland | Allegro Newbie Tutorials

Marco Radaelli
Member #3,028
December 2002

Cody, where did you get that?

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Woo-hoo! Tomiko! Here is mine, it is almost the same as the Windows, but with my current desktop. And Tomiko is there too!

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

Cody Harris
Member #4,406
March 2004

---------------------------------
Homepage - Art (Photography)
I'm QBasicer on #allegro on Freenode.

Ultio
Member #1,336
April 2001

Quote:

Woo-hoo! Tomiko!

Yeah. DAI and Ayu and Asian Kung Fu Generation all on the same wallpaper? It's like Japanese music figure overload!

And to that note, I really wish iTunes Music Store (or any other service for that matter) would open up some Japanese content so I can buy music without paying out the donkey for imports.

---
"It's nice knowing that someday, the software I write will just be pirated by millions of people." :-/

Synapse Jumps
Member #3,073
December 2002

My desktop randomly changes every 10 minutes. It chooses between these (Caution: that files around 5 megs =P) and it looks like the attatched with my favorite wallpaper up.

Ultio
Member #1,336
April 2001

SJ: Wallpaper.zip not found. Also, would you mind sharing the plain image file for the attached shot of your desktop? I really love that image.

---

Synapse Jumps
Member #3,073
December 2002

Fixed the link. Here is a link to the real image, as well as the Deviant Art page it came form.
[url http://www.deviantart.com/view/14451456/]

EDIT: If you like that image, you really should check the rest of the images in the zip I linked to above, there's a few more like that, and others that I like. Some of them will make no since because they're my friends, though

Adol
Member #2,328
May 2002

Very beautiful coloring in that deviant art SJ! Nice and blue :)

Err, how do you take a screenshot of your desktop in linux? In windows I would just hit the prntscrn key which puts a snapshot in your clipboard. Is there an equivalent of this in linux? I'm using Arch.

Fladimir da Gorf
Member #1,565
October 2001

Well, maybe I should join teh funnay, even if there's nothing spectacular in my desktop... (other than that I'm trying to keep the icons in specific groups)

But notice the MP3 rendered versions of Point of Departure and Devotion of Hope!! :D

OpenLayer has reached a random SVN version number ;) | Online manual | Installation video!| MSVC projects now possible with cmake | Now alvailable as a Dev-C++ Devpack! (Thanks to Kotori)

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Gnome Ubuntu has gnome-screenshot for it, you press Print Screen and be done with it. There are other programs to create screenshots for Linux, though I never really used them before.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」

razor
Member #2,256
April 2002

Quote:

Err, how do you take a screenshot of your desktop in linux? In windows I would just hit the prntscrn key which puts a snapshot in your clipboard. Is there an equivalent of this in linux? I'm using Arch.

KDE has ksnapshot which does it, in some distros it has a shortcut of printscreen, but I don't think it's the default.

EDIT: forgot to post my desktop :-[

Whoooo Oregon State University

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Do you really need three Firefox icons?

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」

Corelian
Member #3,376
March 2003

Quote:

Err, how do you take a screenshot of your desktop in linux?

xwd -root -out filename.xwd

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Rey: yes! You use the desktop one if you have no other applications open; you use the bottom one when you have other windows open and can't see the desktop; the third one is probably an iconified firefox...

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Adol
Member #2,328
May 2002

Behold! The biggest and least compressed desktop in this thread!
1920x1200 png baby!

Err, I'd have to work at converting the file, I'm still new to linux >_<

http://www.freewebs.com/ad0l/snapshot1.png
Might have to remove thread if you click here

Tobi Vollebregt
Member #1,031
March 2001

Adol: what's this "monitor off" script in the upper right corner? I want that too!

Sporus
Member #3,815
August 2003

Fladimir said:

MP3 rendered versions of Point of Departure and Devotion of Hope!!

Yay! I love them both! ;D

Here's my SuSE desktop. Doesn't look like much, but I'm a n00b after all. Since I saw some of you using gkrellm, I thought about giving it a try. I've wanted to have something like that for a while already.

And speaking of gkrellm, when I saw NyanKoneko's shot I almost fell off my chair! A definite winner. :)

imaxcs
Member #4,036
November 2003

Quote:

Err, how do you take a screenshot of your desktop in linux?

I use the gimp. :)

SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

Sporus can you send me the pic you are using for yoru desktop?:)

Sabrina: I've sigged you, will you sig me? -Thomas Fjellstrom

12-06-07

Adol
Member #2,328
May 2002

Tobi:
Sure it's simple :)

#!/bin/bash
xset dpms force off

I like it because my laptop screen doesn't turn off when I close the lid, so I just use this to save battery and screen life.

Credits go to Jonz for the original implementation :P

Sporus
Member #3,815
August 2003

SailorMoonchld: Better yet, I'll give you a link to it (because I don't know where to send it to). ;)
The place where I found that image is the HongFire Anime Network's wallpaper gallery

SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

Yay! Thanks :D

Sabrina: I've sigged you, will you sig me? -Thomas Fjellstrom

12-06-07

Ceagon Xylas
Member #5,495
February 2005

...Here's mine... Not much going on on this computer -- just some crappy win98 SE box with a black background. xD

Yes there still are telnet users out there... I perfer mt32 though. Just check out the attachement.

Go to: