Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Who else is going to also crash and burn on Monday?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Who else is going to also crash and burn on Monday?
Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Just put aside the valentine's day stuff for a minute. It's a time to say how you feel to someone you like. While any day will do, valentine's day is a convienient excuse. :)

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Quote:

Surely you must have done it at least once? Everyone has...

I was extremely shy (actually, more along the lines of Social Anxiety Disorder) back-in-the-day. Currently, there is no one I would want to date that isn't already taken.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

Quote:

I just find it somewhat amazing that you can have a loving relationship without the need for mushy fluffy things...

Love doesn't require the mushy fluffy things, you just need to know you're at least wanted a little.

Quote:

It's a time to say how you feel to someone you like. While any day will do, valentine's day is a convienient excuse. :)

Exactly, any day will do so there is no point in setting aside a special day for everyone to do it. Besides, it's better if you do something by surprise as opposed to a day when she/he will know you're doing it.

Quote:

I was extremely shy (actually, more along the lines of Social Anxiety Disorder)

So was I but damn man...you need to experience the rush o.o;

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Quote:

So was I but damn man...you need to experience the rush o.o;

You mean the alternative to crack cocaine? No thank you. Once you pop, you just can't stop. ;) And I don't have the time to be obsessing about that (as college is coming up).

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Marcello
Member #1,860
January 2002

well. good luck with that.

Marcello

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

Quote:

And I don't have the time to be obsessing about that (as college is coming up).

Good good, be smart.

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

Quote:

I expect to get too little sleep, go to lectures at 8, 10 and 15 and do a lab at 17, and then crash to bed exhausted. Yay!

Add to that 1 assignment and 1 project and that's my monday.

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Seems like I'm the only one who sent a valentine's day card then. :)

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

I crashed and burned last night... Found the cute girl, along with her boyfriend... I ordered a beer and caused hangover through heavy partying.

http://www.madman.com.au/tism/bunny/

Marcello
Member #1,860
January 2002

I still have to write mine. Damn. I'm such a slacker.

Marcello

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

Seems like I'm the only one who sent a valentine's day card then. :)

I may yet send some friendly greatings or `thinking of you' messages to some girls I know... but without any intention of broadcasting romantic intent. So I probably won't for fear that someone misunderstands the message.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Who gives flowers anyway? Real men give women potatoes. Think about it; a flower is a pretty, but practically useless thing. It will wilt in a few days and then you throw it out. In other words, giving flowers is like saying "I like you on a superficial level, and when you grow old and ugly I'll leave you". Now, a potato, a potato is awesome. They don't look like much, but the inside counts like mad. You can boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew... and they never bite it. Leave them around and they just sprout wiggly things and eventually new potatoes. Giving away a potato is like saying, "I love you in more than one way, for your inner qualities and our love will never die."

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

It was funny.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Yes...
you might want to explain that to the girl in question though. I have a faint feeling that she might misunderstand otherwise if you give her a sack of potatoes instead of flowers.

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

Heheh X-G that is an awsome idea... potatoes mean love forever, I mean those things never rot or anything, you stick em somewhere and forget, a few months later it's still there but in a better state, I mean it's got roots and everything. Stick em in water and watch em grow... and they even sprout flowers if you nurture them enough. Once they outgrow the container stick em in the dirt and months later you got baby potatoes which in turn can be given to someone else or eaten. I'd like to see a boquet of flowers do that :).

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

Ohh, I might give smc a potatoe!

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

I've never heard it called that before! :o

RallyMonkey
Member #4,615
May 2004

Did you get that from Bash, X-G? Or was it somewhere else first?

Let's see. I went to the Valentine's day dance with someone (same girl as all the dances). I sent her a carnation and a card. And I am spending tomorrow on a field trip to our local theater for a play. It just happens this same girl is in the class I am going on the field trip in. (My drama class, only 8 people in the class so the single class can take a trip by itself.)

NOTICE: This post's grammar/spelling/puncuation is definitive. English is frequently inaccurate.
---
"Puppet Sex!!!!" - Goalie Ca

CascoOscuro
Member #4,966
August 2004

X-G, the most clever thing i've seem in this thread.
But love is not practice. In fact, falling in love is accepting infernal terms. And one of those terms are the useless and "logic-less" things.

Give presents is a good practice because the receiver will know that he is important for you. In theory no matter what you give.
What i don't understand, as X-G, why a girl should be angry if you give her potatoes,a very tasty food, and grateful if you give her flowers? They die,smell when are dead, are hindrances, and attract flies.;D

Of course i never give to a girl potatoes, i know the implicit rules. But, why they exists?

And, another part of the story: the patented and genuine unknown girl's angers; and The also patented "what are you thinking now?" phrases.

I never have any girlfriend. I only loved one girl in my life and Of course, as you can see, my experience was not quite good :). I wasted time of my life loving. Don't fall in the same error. I'm not saying you shouldn't have girlfriends, I'm saying that you shouldn't fall in pussiness like St. valentine and other nonsenses, because now or later she look down on you in one or many aspects, and you'll become a slave.

Be free.

Torbjörn Josefsson
Member #1,048
September 2000

Send a dead squirrel with a note "Unlike this squirrel, our love will never die!!" ;)

COUGH*RIPPOFF!*COUGH

--
Specialization is for insects

Sporus
Member #3,815
August 2003

CascoOscuro said:

I wasted time of my life loving.

Someone needs to discover multitasking... :P

Gnatinator
Member #2,330
May 2002

X-G: Thats very clever. Im going to have to try that..

Torbjörn: L O L

Yesterday my pop tasted like blood. I wasnt bleeding or anything, but im sure it was something from in the can. The sucky thing is that the can was opaque so you couldnt really tell what was actually in there.

I promptly dumped it out. :P

Carrus85
Member #2,633
August 2002

Heh, I'm probably going to get my head handed to me on a platter because I haven't done anything yet, not because I have done something.

Sigh... it isn't too late, I can still do something tommorow evening, right? /me looks around at everyone like he is a freak. ;D

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

I don't plan on doing anything....ever. Smc knows this, I have told her I don't believe in this stuff and I just don't care. She likes to rub it in constantly saying I don't care 8-).

Go to: