Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » Bloobs!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Bloobs!
Zaphos
Member #1,468
August 2001

The problem, I think, is that proving prior art can be less than trivial, and so small companies without legal muscle to spare will pay off people who have invalid patents rather than go to court ...

Krzysztof Kluczek
Member #4,191
January 2004

Quote:

small companies without legal muscle to spare will pay off people who have invalid patents rather than go to court ...

Small companies will pay, but what about freeware game developers? :P

Zaphos
Member #1,468
August 2001

If you can't pay at all ... that's pretty much a death toll isn't it?
Or perhaps the software could run to hosts in countries where the patent laws don't apply. That could probably help...

Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

Quote:

I was contemplating patenting Progranisms

Haha, that's so siggable..

Trumgottist
Member #95
April 2000

Re: Marching cubes and metaballs.

I'm quoting the Iehovah FAQ:

Quote:

Q
Isn't the marching cubes algorithm patented?

A
Why? Did you think I used the marching cubes algorithm to create my volumes? It surprises me that whenever there's a talk about voxels-to-polygons rendering, people start talking about the marching cubes algorithm. I didn't use the marching cubes algorithm. There are always a thousand ways to do one thing, the marching cubes is just one of them. I came up with my own algorithm which is unpatented and which I think is still new. But I wouldn't be suprised if some other clever bastard already did something similar. So relax, there are no patent issues involved with iehovah. If you need to look for an algorithm to code your own volumes, than look in the links section.

--
"I always prefer to believe the best of everybody - it saves so much time." - Rudyard Kipling

Play my game: Frasse and the Peas of Kejick

1   2   3 

Go to: