Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Electronics.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Electronics.
SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

What kinds of electronics do you have in your room? Game systems? Computers? Big stereos?

In my room (In Oregon...)
I have a computer... very old and crappy. Compaq presario 5184(Made in 1999) prepares for laughing
A Game gear.
A genesis..(Have to bring it to the livingroom to play.)
And a dinky alarm clock radio.

EDIT: Also do you plan on getting anything else?

Sabrina: I've sigged you, will you sig me? -Thomas Fjellstrom

12-06-07

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Old gutted comp, N64, GameCube, TV, 2 clocks, stereo thingie...basically broken, a few tiny radios, old monitor, and a bunch of spare computer parts.

EDIT: My real computer is in the living room, BTW.

SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

Why a few radios? :)

Ouch spare compy parts. Sounds like my livingroom (in Oregon).:o But probably not as bad..

12-06-07

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

I don't really remember, I must have gotten them all as freebies. They're pretty small. I think have two boombox style ones that are about 8 inches long and 1 boxy one that is the same size but the speakers come off the base.

Another question to ask is: How often are you actually in your room? I'm rarely in my room. Only in there for sleep really.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

My apartment is my room ;)

3-5 computers, 2 running, 2 TVs, VCR, n64, Original Game Boy, Misc PC hardware, Mini stereo thing, microwave, Digital Camera etc.

edit:

Quote:

How often are you actually in your room?

Most of the time.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

Well.. I'm never in my room because... I'm in NY. So..

Why do you have 2 tv's Thomas? :o

12-06-07

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I got one from my mom, one from my dad, the one I got from my mom is like a 12", and the one from my dad is a much older, about to die 24", so I rarely actually use any of them. :) If I do watch TV, I use my LCD monitor and my TV Card :) (I have my ATI remote programmed to launch and controll all the media programs I use :D)

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

RallyMonkey
Member #4,615
May 2004

Lets see... A computer, a pda, a keyboard, an electronic guitar, and amp, a stompbox/guitar processor, a radio/5-disk cd player, a tv, a ps2, an Xbox, a walkman, a gba, and probably more.

NOTICE: This post's grammar/spelling/puncuation is definitive. English is frequently inaccurate.
---
"Puppet Sex!!!!" - Goalie Ca

SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

Aa yeah I forgot to add my pda.. :)

My dad was going to give me a tv card. But that was before I left.

12-06-07

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

Heh I had a sega genesis... loooong ago, great system though, I emulate it these days though :) I have a 25" TV, haven't turned it on once since I moved, a PC (Model N/A) as I built it myself, a stereo with no speakers (cousins stole em when I moved out years ago), a 75 disc KDS DVD holder USB (this puppy is cool all I have to do is look through the list of DVD's I have click eject and it ejects that DVD/CD) I'm also in need of another one of em since my DVD collection has expanded beyond 75 discs, I probably have 60 more in a caddy. That's about it, other than my MS force feedback joystick, Intel webcam, and stereo 3D glasses (I don't use it anymore as it gives you a headache and the adaptor makes the refresh rate on my monitor crap, as if it wasn't already :P) I have a remote for my TV tuner card too... just don't know where it is, my cat ate the IR receiver anyway :( oh and my trusty Ti-89 calculator, still use it to balance the checkbook etc.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

My dad was going to give me a tv card. But that was before I left.

I have two :) ATI TV Wonder Pro, and a Hauppage WinTV 401 DBX. Well, 3 if you count my old ATI AIW Rage 128 Pro.

--

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

Heh I used to own the old Voodoo3 3500TV card, had a big blue cable that came out the back :) Those were the days :(

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Acoustic Guitar, low-end FM keyboard, my computer, "arcade machine", radio, lights, sometimes a bass guitar, portable boombox, some decently high quality speakers that were in the Vietnam War. (!)

In addition to that, as far as junk is concerned, quite a few videocards, cables, gutted powersupplies, CDs in the hundreds (and not on spindles, mind you), and bunches of crappy speakers someone gave me. The list just goes on, really.

Quote:

a stompbox/guitar processor,

Oh yeah, I forgot the Digitech RP300, NES, and so on.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Wow, RallyMonkey is up to date on his gamage tools.

I forgot to add original GameBoy and color GameBoy ;)

Speaking of TVs, you should see the old TV my dad had. It used to work like a charm, but then the screen started stretching vertically. Now nearly 1/10 of the screen is lost on the top and bottom (total of 1/5). That's probably an understatement. Playing certain games on that TV was fun. One of the games I used to play on it had the health bar at the top, so with this TV I could only see part of it. Had to guess when I was going to die.

SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

Yea me too Steve. SSC burned once disc and it has like.. over a 100 games on it.:o Awesome. :)

I think it was Wintv that my dad was going to give me.. Yeah.. let's put it in the crap computer that I have. Like it will play good daddy. :)

12-06-07

Oscar Giner
Member #2,207
April 2002

Hmm...

Computer, printer, dreamcast, not working scientific calculator, TV, DVD player, walkman, radio+alarmclock, an old 14" monitor on the wardrobe, and lots of computer thingies (old video card, sound card, cables and more cables, cd/dvd readers (broken or almost broken, I have very bad luck with these), mpeg-2 decoder card + cables)....

Quote:

Does this happen to anyone else?

New computer. Waiting for an AMD with PCI-e board.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Steve: Why not rip all the CDs? That'd be a darn lot more convient, and if you don't like any programs out there for playing and organizing the mp3s you could make your own!
75+60 CDs * 15 songs on average * 5 minutes average = 10gigs which is Chummmmp space. :P

SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

Yeah yeah. That would work well. :) Then you could have more space.

12-06-07

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

I have a DVD burner now (Dual Layer 8.5GB) but all the discs I have in the KDS "jukebox" are DVD's, same as the ones in the caddy, so that would be wrong to rip them... unless I downstream them into something more manageable and even then I'd need like 200 GB to store it all.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Let me.. let me see here.

1 - Freezer.
2 - Refridgerators (one is sealed in the box, won it as a prize)
1 - Yamaha Reciever
5 - Paradigm Speakers
1 - Paradigm Sub Woofer
1 - LCD Monitor
1 - IBM Laptop
1 - Set of Altec Lansing ATP3 speakers.
1 - Laser Printer
2 - Computers
1 - Keyboard & Mouse
1 - DVD Player
1 - N64
1 - PlayStation 2 w/Optical Output & Component Video ;D
1 - Sega Dreamcast
1 - Mushkin MP3 Player
5 - Remote Controls (Computer, TV, Universtal, Reciever, DVD Player)
1 - Clock.
1 - DLink KVM Switch
1 - Flourecent Light, held up with electrical tape to the ceiling :o
1 - UV Black Light
1 - Digital Camera, PowerShot G3. Getting old...
1 - Shunyata Research Hydra AC filter w/Power Snake
2 - Crazy Amps held as collateral on a loan ;D Don't know the model names off hand.
1 - 27" Flat Screen Toshiba TV
1 - Powerball Gyroscope (woot! Fun fun fun)
1 - Cable Modem
1 - 5 Port D-Link Switch
.. a hot water heater, but I guess that's gas powered.. I live in the basement ;D

also have tons of computer parts, but I'm not doing an inventory check right now. :P

Quote:

How often are you actually in your room?

If I'm at home, I'm likely in my room. It's like an apartment down here... I have a bathroom, main room, and two rooms I'm currently using as storage rooms. The one I plan to clean out eventually.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

No need for inventory check.

12-06-07

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

Computer, speakers, oversized speakers (not hooked up, need subwoofer), 3 digital cameras, 1 N64-controller, a spare AMD K6 processor, some random computer hardware (drives mostly), two portable radios/tape players, 2 sets of headphones, a "robot", an MC68HC908QT4 microcontroller with demo board, GBC, GBA, GBC/GBA/N64 games, a few network cards, a radio/alarm clock, a Graphire3 tablet (mouse&pen), monitor, keyboard, mouse, scanner, extra cables, and...that's it. :)

raist0069
Member #2,736
September 2002

Electronics in my room? hmm....

2 computers (ones I use)
Lots of misc. pc parts.
3 old pc's.
Webcam
Router
Cable Modem
Collection of decent PC parts for my arcade project
25" WG Arcade Monitor
Bunch of arcade controlls (track ball, joysticks, spinner etc)
Playstation 2
Playstation 1
2 Super Nintendos
Nintendo
Gameboy Advance SP
Gameboy Color
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
Sega Master System
1 out of my 2 xbox's (the one that is modded)
Sometimes my 27" TV (usually it's in the living room)
Canon Powershot S60
Alarm clock

Being at work that is all I can think of.

SailorMoonchld
Member #3,814
August 2003

Why do you need both PS's if you have a PS 2?:-/ You should sell it. :)

Hey check this out!
I can do this with my phone too!

Freaky thing is that I was thinking about this earlier. Thinking, "I could my phone for evidence if some guy tried to mug me on the streets here.."

12-06-07

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I wish I didn't sell mine :(
PlayStation games look far better on a PlayStation than they do on a PlayStation2.
Final Fantasy VIII looks awful on PS2, as well as Front Mission 3 and Final Fantasy Tactics. The particle effects in almost all games look much worse. :(

Some games are also slightly buggy. Command & Conquer : Red Alert, for example.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

1   2   3 

Go to: