Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Any girls out there?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Any girls out there?
StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

sp0on, don't test him, he has banned people, and he can easily ban your IP...
..last time I was here this thread had only half the number of replies. And I don't resent you, Ben, (quickly grabs a dictionary) "resent: to feel or express annoyance or ill will at" Nope, no annoyance or ill will here. You've helped me with programming more than most people here (you and Sikobabel are usually the ones who answer my programming questions that I don't answer myself :P).
Also, the spelling is probably different over in Europe of alright. Doesn't Black Sabbath has a song called "It's Alright"? Ozzy's from Britain, right? Hmm...
Although we should probably all leave Nicholle be, out of curiosity, why are you here if you don't program games?

nicholle
Member #1,024
February 2001

because i am :P
not too difficult to figure out

Sp0oNSoFT2o0O
Member #983
February 2001

can you ban dynamic IPs? im not trying to be sarcastic but I really don't know?

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Yes he can ban dynamic IP addresses. Normally only one of the four numbers changes.
It seems I'm the third person to grab a dictionary :-) From my dictionary:
alright (^phonetics omitted^) adv. Not standard. a variant spelling of all right.
Hehe it's true, most programmers can't spell :-) (No offence to anyone - it's just that no-one here seems to know that 'alright' is non-standard.) Yes I'm sure there is a song called "It's Alright". There's also a tune called "Silence" by Delerium. How is delirium normally spelt? :-)
Just because it's a title, that doesn't mean it's immune to mistakes.
I don't think this is any different in America either. Dictionaries usually state differences between British English and American English.
Besides sp0on, you should take my advice - it'll get your post count and character count up :-)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Erik Johnsson
Member #1,039
February 2001

hey, you listen to techno?

nicholle
Member #1,024
February 2001

well, what he could do is just ban every ip address from, lets say, the "Minneapolis Public School" connection - so he can ban any and every ip address they have, and unless you find another connection, then yes, you're banned. They will only have so many different ip addresses that you could use, and so many modems....and of course, since your ip changes everytime you dialup, he would have no way to tell exactly which one you were. but banning them all would be different. now, if you were using a static ip, then it would be of course, tons easier to ban you (for obvious reasons) Matthew could "ban" my ip address (whatever it may be) and i would not be able to access the site (or whatever he bans people from)
so the obvious answer is you just ban the whole class C (205.215.146.*) that the person dials up with.............

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I thought Silence was trance actually. Oh well. I like most club music - especially hard stuff. I know Silence isn't hard, but it's so sweet... oh dear, I think I'm picking up the club lingo... :-) I don't want to make these boards look like the ones at forums.homeofmusic.com ... :-P
Are you into techno then, Yezboxz?

--
The brxybrytl has you.

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

On the 'alright' topic, I meant that I thought maybe it was proper in non-US countries (the US likes to be different) to be spelled like 'all right', but since Ozzy Osbourne is from England and he has a song where it's spelled like 'alright' I wasn't sure... I should've gotten a dictionary and checked it :P.

Sp0oNSoFT2o0O
Member #983
February 2001

how did you findout where I dialup from true thats my school but I only use it half the time to check stuff. you need to get a life nicholle and get off our polls because you have absoluly nothing to do w/ allegro/programming or anything.

Sp0oNSoFT2o0O
Member #983
February 2001

wait I know how you fouind that out? duh i wrote in my mio im from minneapolis thats pretty dumb. I now feel stupid maybe you could go work at mcdonalds.
GOD, I feel dumb!

nicholle
Member #1,024
February 2001

for those comments, i think i'll ban you....

-nicholle

leo
Member #46
April 2000

Looks at posts
Amused, but rather saddened
Can we all just get along and live happily ever after? :)
Rock on, everyone! :P

Ivko
Member #818
December 2000

I bet you matthew convinced his wife or sister or something to come and post :P

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

quote:you need to get a life nicholle and get off our polls because you have absoluly nothing to do w/ allegro/programming or anything.Is it just me or is sp0on just asking to get banned?
===============
"Rock over London, Rock on Chicago.
Diet Pepsi, Uh-huh."
-Wesley Willis

Justin Todd
Member #267
April 2000

StevenVi - Are you a Wesley Willis Fan?
Rock over London
Rock on Chicago
Wheaties,
It's the breakfast of champions

Regards,

Justin Todd
www.diversedev.com

nicholle
Member #1,024
February 2001

quote:Is it just me or is sp0on just asking to get banned?
"sp0on" is banned....
and he has quite an interesting profile as well...
and no, i'm NOT matthews sister, nor am i his wife. i just have skillz ;)
-nicholle

Gabhonga
Member #1,247
February 2001

Whoah...you guys got problems, indeed...
well wtf, haven't you got anything better to do after all???
hmm, a'ight, a little fun's gotta be I guess, man!

--------------------------------------------------------
sigs suck

wit
Member #858
November 2000

Brrrrrrrrrrr.......Now I dont understand anything here...:D
nicholle:How can you ban somebody? Have you access to this server?
No idea...
WIT

CJ
Member #806
December 2000

I don't know if spoon is banned, but if it's true I think that you are too strict. M*ngles was banned with reason (in my opinion) but spoon wasn´t like him.

wit
Member #858
November 2000

I agree with CJ.
WIT

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Well, I don't take too kindly to people who post 8 consecutive messages and have a potty mouth for no apparent reason. But lest you fear, I can assure you that his account is only temporarily disabled - he didn't get the complete package that a few select people have gotten in the past. (So yes, he could sign up right now with another account - but his precious post count would be 0.)
--
Matthew Leverton - matthew@allegro.cc

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

JTodd: yup, I love him... I got 5 of his CDs... you a fan too? My dad used to pass him every day when going to work on the subway... I was watching one of his videos on www.launch.com and my dad was like "No way, I know that guy!" and yeah...
If you are a fan, you know if the Fiasco has more than one album? I'd like to get another one... I got Spookydisharmonious Conflicthellride.
So if Nicholle banned sp0on, then she (almost) definately knows Matthew in person (which was basically already known). This is fun, it's like a detective game or something... except... I'm not sure what the objective is...

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

So what is the deal between Matthew and Nicholle? Hmm, they live in the same place, and both have access to and e-mail addresses on this server... Don't tell me it's just skillz...

--
The brxybrytl has you.

SPOON
Member #1,099
March 2001

YEA THAT GUY SPOON WAS PRETTY COOL I THINK NICHOLLE IS MATTHEWS IMBRED SISTER

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

lolzerz - spoon got it right on!
--
Matthew Leverton - matthew@allegro.cc

Go to: