Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Any girls out there?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Any girls out there?
rockslave
Member #873
January 2001

I just saw the poll and noticed there is nobody with a boyfriend there(I'm available)! So, don't any woman use this site?

lambik
Member #899
January 2001

Who is to say that you have to be a girl to have a boyfriend? I would be a bit more carefull with advertising yourself if I were you ;-)

wit
Member #858
November 2000

rockslave: I think lambik tries to say that there are few gays out there.

WIT

rockslave
Member #873
January 2001

Well, that wasn't exactly my point... :)
And I wasn't exactly expecting men to write in here!

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Yet they did... :-)
This has been discussed here http://www.allegro.cc/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000191.html and here http://www.allegro.cc/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000120.html . However, judging by her reply to my friendly (read: misguidedly flirtatious) posts, maybe I'll take my business elsewhere. No offence, Nicholle! ;-)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

Dangit man, stop harassing her!!
..heh.
Seriously, though... this issue is getting out of hand I think. What's it matter? I'd rather talk to guys who're smarter than me... I'm a sexist :P.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I'm not harassing her. I have an ulterior motive. It's known as post count.
:-)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

How's that for a quick save? :-)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

nicholle
Member #1,024
February 2001

c'mon, i wasn't that mean :P
i just enjoy being sarcastic at times -
nothing personal at all
but, my two cents must be added here -
maybe the girls just don't want to vote (meaning on the poll) thats always possible.
-nicholle

Daniel_C_McKinnon
Member #685
October 2000

This is rather spooky statistic. So far we see, for the most part, only young male(18-) Allegro Programmers that are streight and somewhat horny...
WTF? I bet 90% of the people on this sight fit into this catagory. None are Gay, none are female, and all Program.
Think about the mass amounts of information on human behavior that could be compiled simply from the posts on Allegro.cc
No think about every bulliten board, escpecially weird Startrek boards (not to offend trekkies that aren't screwed in the head) Or maybe tech-hardware boards (You know, the people who think that they are mass computer nerds, but really just like to upgrade thier systems) Or software-piracy boards.
Compile this all together and you have a book made of gold! Every corp out there would want that! I bet you: many have something like this already in thier possesion. You wouldn't even need a conclusion. That is really Spooky.

Daniel_C_McKinnon
Member #685
October 2000

This is rather spooky statistic. So far we see, for the most part, only young male(18-) Allegro Programmers that are streight and somewhat horny...
WTF? I bet 90% of the people on this sight fit into this catagory. None are Gay, none are female, and all Program.
Think about the mass amounts of information on human behavior that could be compiled simply from the posts on Allegro.cc
No think about every bulliten board, escpecially weird Startrek boards (not to offend trekkies that aren't screwed in the head) Or maybe tech-hardware boards (You know, the people who think that they are mass computer nerds, but really just like to upgrade thier systems) Or software-piracy boards.
Compile this all together and you have a book made of gold! Every corp out there would want that! I bet you: many have something like this already in thier possesion. You wouldn't even need a conclusion. That is really Spooky.

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

OOh, good one, post twice, gets your count up and lotsa extra letters added to your name :P.
Here we go, Ben, I'll ask this for you since I know you're itching to say it, but too shy:
"So Nicky... mind if I call you that? How old are you baby?"
There, now that that's been said and done, I think you can get that sexual harassment case against him, assuming you're in the UK (that's where you are, right, Benny?). Otherwise there might be some jurisdiction problems.
See, if you're trying to beat Matt's high amount posted you gotta say something that sounds somewhat meaningful, but nobody's any better for it.
-Steve
http://stevenvi.cjb.net
"A signature in each post can boost characters posted exponentially"

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

From the keyboard of StevenVI
quote:
OOh, good one, post twice, gets your count up and lotsa extra letters added to your name :P.
Here we go, Ben, I'll ask this for you since I know you're itching to say it, but too shy:
There, now that that's been said and done, I think you can get that sexual harassment case against him, assuming you're in the UK (that's where you are, right, Benny?). Otherwise there might be some jurisdiction problems.
See, if you're trying to beat Matt's high amount posted you gotta say something that sounds somewhat meaningful, but nobody's any better for it.

hmm, it'd be USA vs UK though
--
Matthew J. Leverton - matthew@allegro.cc

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

This is going too far, and I'm gonna quit with the posts concerning boosting numbers which mean nothing... but did you copy all that just to get more? Just curious...
Definately going too far...

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Yes, let's get back to programming where we all belong!
--
Matthew Leverton - matthew@allegro.cc

nicholle
Member #1,024
February 2001

OK...
quote:Here we go, Ben, I'll ask this for you since I know you're itching to say it, but too shy:
No, you can't call me "Nicky" nor can you call me baby...
and my age is is of no importance, since this is a programming board :)
So why am i even being discussed?
All you are going to do is get me into trouble and banned by the webmaster of allegro.cc.........
which is a nice site btw ;) and no, that is not an invitation to restart that vexatious thread about the site...but i'm sure someone will do it just to get thier post count up -
-nicholle

rockslave
Member #873
January 2001

Hey guys, what do you mean by her? I'm a man, a male man!(Nowadays this is no longer redundance) What are you thinking of me? I was just wondering!!!!

Troy D Patterson
Member #41
April 2000

Ok let us start by quoting this classic line
"I just saw the poll and noticed there is nobody with a boyfriend there(I'm available)! So, don't any woman use this site? "
Then the following
"Hey guys, what do you mean by her? I'm a man, a male man!(Nowadays this is no longer redundance) What are you thinking of me? I was just wondering!!!! "
am I the only one confused now? wit... care to comment?

---------------------------------------
I am Troy
KQ Lives!|Studio-Griz

nicholle
Member #1,024
February 2001

I'm confused - -
he should learn to read the other posts, then maybe he would have an idea what was going on.....

wit
Member #858
November 2000

Sorry guys. I cant understand what kind of s*** you are talking about here. Even with dictionary(I normally dont use it)...:D

WIT

P.S>I have just seen on poll results that there are few of you with a boyfriend {:P

wit
Member #858
November 2000

Hmmm...I have reread all posts once again. I think now I understand. Hey rockslave! I would suggest you to do the same :D
No more comments.

WIT

wit
Member #858
November 2000

Hmmm...I have just noticed some strange things here...
WIT

nicholle
Member #1,024
February 2001

strange things....
or strange people :P
-nicholle

wit
Member #858
November 2000

Both...

WIT

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Sorry about my other post. I regretted saying it straight after I'd clicked Submit... d'oh! Oh well, I'm learning...
As Wit said, 2 people claim to have boyfriends here. According to the archive (when I checked a few minutes ago), 0.97% of 207 votes were for 'have a boyfriend'. Shame the numbers are rounded down on the main page :-)
Steven the Sixth, you're getting waaaaaay too impertinent. First of all, 'harassment' should be pronounced with emphasis on the first syllable, not the second. And no, you may not call me 'Benny'. I'd also like to ask, why are Americans so obsessed by lawsuits?
Finally, note that you won't get anyone else banned or banged up - those words came straight out from your keyboard.
Daniel, as a trekky who's screwed in the head, I take offence :-P
Rockslave: I'd like to be a male man, but my shoulders slope too much and the bag kept falling off.
OK, this is DJ Digital aka Ben signing off... look out for my MP3 mixer...

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Go to: