Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Direct3D + Shaders

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Direct3D + Shaders
tinyBigGAMES
Member #17,458
February 2020

Hi,

When I create a d3d display with the ALLEGRO_PROGRAMMABLE_PIPELINE flag, it returns nil on al_create_display, ogl + ALLEGRO_PROGRAMMABLE_PIPELINE, seems to work and I can create a shader. Any ideas about what is going on here?

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHz
GPU: GeForce GT 1030
DirectX: 12 runtime

Jarrod Davis
Owner/Lead Developer
tinyBigGAMES LLC

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Would you be able to post your allegro.log (if you're not running a debug build, you could invoke al_set_config_value(al_get_system_config(), "trace", "level", "debug") before al_init)? Which Allegro version are you using?

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

tinyBigGAMES
Member #17,458
February 2020

Hi, ahh yes, I forgot about enabling the log file. So it turns out D3DX9_43.dll and D3DCompiler_43.dll was not on my devbox what so ever. Sigh. Man, all of this because dx9 components may not be installed on the user's machine. Back to this type of nightmare again. So, apparently installing the Windows SDK will not install those dlls and you can not assume a Windows 10 machine will have it either, so I'm forced to have to include in my distro. Now I see why these dlls are included with some apps. When I dropped them beside the EXE, everything works as expected. I was expecting it not to find them beside the EXE as I read in the forums about security, blah blah, but it seems to work, otherwise that would be an addition problem with distribution.

So for now, I guess all is good, thanks for the reply.

Jarrod Davis
Owner/Lead Developer
tinyBigGAMES LLC

Go to: