Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Google rules.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Google rules.
Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I don't care what anyone says. Google does all kinds of cool stuff to try and protect people:

{"name":"zUh8OK5.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/4\/545ceb0243770445299a0df58b8353fe.png","w":562,"h":348,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/4\/545ceb0243770445299a0df58b8353fe"}zUh8OK5.png

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

I like google on the whole.

I've got a googlesite or two which is dead handy for getting stuff on the web I need to upload links to.

I love them for that. Free webhosting with GUI to make it all. Fab.

I guess people find there sheer size a bit scary.

I switched to bing for a while for searching but partly because I'm used to Google,
I find it much better for seaching.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I also like that they send me e-mails to my WHOIS address warning me that my domain is unreachable.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Gmail and I celebrated our tenth anniversary this year.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I also like google. Their services are free. Know what you feed, and just give it what you want.

Edited.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Sevalecan
Member #4,686
June 2004

Sometimes Google just annoys me. I did a really specific search today that returned only one result. I had to tell it to display omitted results to find the link I was actually looking for. "No, what you want isn't important!" >:(

</devil's advocate>

TeamTerradactyl: SevalecanDragon: I should shoot you for even CONSIDERING coding like that, but I was ROFLing too hard to stand up. I love it!
My blog about computer nonsense, etc.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Google sometimes annoys me, too, but then they make up for it by publicly criticizing the FBI.

Go to: