Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » iPhone 4

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
iPhone 4
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I thought you had one of those $5/year phones.

How does that prevent me from having an iPod? ???

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

So an iPod is basically an iPhone without the phone? Browser and everything?

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

So an iPod is basically an iPhone without the phone? Browser and everything?

The iPod touch yes.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

An iPod Touch has no cellular/mobile access, GPS, camera or built-in microphone. But it has wifi support and can use any application that doesn't depend on one of those missing features.

I use it as a mobile Skype phone.

I also use it to build iPhone apps and make big cash. :o

And I use it to listen to Hannah Montana with BAF.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Geezuz, that's quite a price difference for one extra feature a few extra features. Do you have to pay for the dataplan too?

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Do you have to pay for the dataplan too

No, the iTouches are currently wifi only.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Do you have to pay for the dataplan too?

iPhone 3GS 8GB is something like $99 + (minimum) $40/month contract + $25/month for 2GB.

iPod Touch costs more up front, but obviously no ongoing fees.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Compare the price if the iPhone without plan against the touch, thats a little bit better of a comparison. Or the actual price of the iPhone including its 2-3 year plan and data fees.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

I pay 64 USD/month for my iPhone 3gs 16gb. There was no charge up front, and I can use all that for calls/sms/data (and it includes 5gb of free data). It's not cheap, but I think it's worth it. Only downside is that I'm stuck with it for 24 months :( (like 16 left now)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Expensive phone, $1536.

--

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

I don't think it's all that expensive considering I can use all that for calls, texts and data. It's a moot point for me, since my company is paying for it, but even if it was not, I'd still get that.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I personally don't think you're getting enough for that price. But maybe its just me.

--

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

Oh yeah, I could also get rid of my mobile broadband because of this (tethering the phone) - that's 25 USD less per month.

Still - yeah, it's a bit expensive, but totally worth it :D Once my contract expires I'll probably get iPhone 4 (assuming they solved the problems by then).

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Plus, BAF had PM'd me asking for a video because he finds it hard to work without Hannah Montana tunes.

:-[

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Plus, BAF had PM'd me asking for a video because he finds it hard to work without Hannah Montana tunes.

Oh ML, always going the extra mile for the Allegro members in need. :)

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Hannahorrible Montana tunes.

Now fixed.
;D

PS: Is it BAf's coming out ? :-*

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

PS: Is it BAf's coming out ? :-*

Have you not seen Miley Cirus? :o

{"name":"MV5BMjE0MDE0MDM2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODkyNTU4Mg@@._V1._SX296_SY400_.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/e\/deddf697f58e767163e79fc8cf1074d9.jpg","w":296,"h":400,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/e\/deddf697f58e767163e79fc8cf1074d9"}MV5BMjE0MDE0MDM2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODkyNTU4Mg@@._V1._SX296_SY400_.jpg

I'd hit that! :D

...Then go to jail. :-/

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Some people claim that the legal age here was changed to 16 and some even claim 14... I go by 18 because I know it's for sure. ;)

Oscar Giner
Member #2,207
April 2002

Legal age here is 13 :o

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Meh, around here the legal age is 15. That means teenagers can have sex legally and nobody frowns upon twenty year olds having fun with 16 year olds. If I'm not mistaken in the USA there are some states that allow minors to have sex, but sex between under-eighteen and over-eighteen is forbidden.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I've heard many times that the legal age here in N.C. is 16, but they can still charge you with contributing to the delinquency of a minor if you take advantage of it.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Quote:

I'd hit that! :D

That's why this video is a "ho down"? You hit her too hard

video

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Go to: