Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Hello. It's been awhile.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Hello. It's been awhile.
relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

Hey all,

I was never a very active poster here, I don't think. Maybe briefly in my youth. Though, back when the internet was still beautiful, and even through much of it's decline, I had been diligently lurking. It's sad to see this place dying like a battery--voltage steadily declining. It was once a thriving community but now relegated to only the most infrequent of sentimental posts, like this one here.
Being here now gives me a strong desire to draw an obvious allegory from the old net to the new and shift that to all engineers and then to people in general. Then I'll be able to tell the kids to get off my lawn so I can be lonely and miserable in peace. I don't think I will though. At the current voltage, anyone who sees this post before the retention policy shuffles it out of sight forever already probably feels the same. Besides, I've never been much of a preacher.

That said, it was fun while it lasted. I'm glad the allegro community existed where it did, when it did, in the only time it could have. Though, I suppose saying I'm glad to have watched and occasionally even entangled with y'all here would be a more accurate expression.

Anyway, no point wallowing in sentimentality for too long. I have video games to make.

- Andrew Shurney
Not dead. Not on twitter.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Go to: