Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » TINS 2021 - and the winner is...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
TINS 2021 - and the winner is...
amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

And the winner is...

See the complete results

Using our special prize-winner-selection algorithm, we can determine that the prizes go to Kuros (for winning the Overall category) MarcDev (the next runner-up in the Art category) SiegeLord (shared second in the Tech category) and Niek and Tijs Zandt for straight-up winning the Genre category. Congratulations! I'm sure you'll agree with me that these prizes are well deserved.

Watch the video

I've created this nice compilation video where you can see all entries in their full glory

video

This took some time to put together, so please leave a like!

TINS Shop opens!

If you didn't win anything, but you still want to get your hands on one of these cool, specially designed T-shirts? Now you can! I just opened the TINS shop.

All profits go towards the prize pool for the next TINS event.

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Thanks, Amarillion, for hosting. This was great fun. It was quite amusing to see the Unity entries alongside Allegro.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Indeed! We got 14 entries, and here are the tech stacks that were used:

5x Unity
4x Allegro (of which 2x with C, 1x with GO and 1x with Rust)
1x Twine
1x Rust, bevy
1x Godot
1x SDL, GO
1x TypeScript, Phaser3

It would be nice to increase the showing of Allegro a bit next time.
Both communities can learn from each other I think. Unity has done well in terms of the final ranking. But Unity developers can also learn things from us, like "what are unit tests" and "what does open source mean"...

MrKuros
Member #20,688
August 2021

Thanks for hosting! I will try to create a game using Allegro next gamejam.

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Is there a way of working out which ones were the 4 allegro games (without using intuition)?

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Is there a way of working out which ones were the 4 allegro games (without using intuition)?

Yeah, download the binary pack, or even the original submissions...

I can't fully remember. Blade Blade by SiegeLord, SpaceFants by elias were made with Allegro for sure. And then either DJ Escher by dos, I want to go home by mokkan or Qbitter by Tharro. You'll have to check to be sure.

MrKuros said:

I will try to create a game using Allegro next gamejam.

A noble goal! Have you decided which programming language you'll use for this? You have a choice of C, C++, Rust, Go, D, Java, and I believe also python bindings exist.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

I'm late for an appointment?

{"name":"funny-mugshots-high_400x400.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/a\/7a77a5257f84386ef8b00dbc9bd75ffe.jpg","w":400,"h":400,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/a\/7a77a5257f84386ef8b00dbc9bd75ffe"}funny-mugshots-high_400x400.jpg

Ok, I'm sure I could never have calculated all those hexagons.

Maybe next time it will be easier and I will win some T-shirts, in the meantime I will stay naked.

</joke>

I have been without internet for several months. As always, the damn internet. Have I caused problems?
I have already missed several in which they go of contests.
I plan to release games related to the lost contests one day, although it will only be with the rules on the design of the game.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

RmBeer2 said:

Ok, I'm sure I could never have calculated all those hexagons.

This site has all the calculations you'll ever need related to hexagons:
https://www.redblobgames.com/grids/hexagons/

Go to: