Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » [A4.4] Is there a plugin/library to support OGG?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
[A4.4] Is there a plugin/library to support OGG?
larienna
Member #3,185
January 2003

I want to know if in allegro 4.4, there is a way to load music in OGG format instead of the MIDI format.

I know some plug-ins exists for loading PNG. So I though there could be one for OGG. Else I'll need to convert them in MIDI which could change the output results.

Enjoy! and have fun

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

There was an addon called alogg, but the host site no longer exists. Maybe someone will still have a copy floating around they can upload for you.

edit: You could also try using BASS.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

larienna
Member #3,185
January 2003

I found logg website:

http://opensnc.sourceforge.net/logg/

On my windows OS, I downloaded and built allegro manually so the logg files are there.

On my linux OS, allegro was installed from the repository so the logg files, like "logg.h" file, are not there.

Still, I could probably just add the source code of logg directly into my project and it should work.

I could do the same with loadpng as I will end up needing it. ( I did some searching and loadpng is installed on my linux system)

Enjoy! and have fun

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

larienna
Member #3,185
January 2003

If I build from source, that means that the continuous integration will also need to build it from the source. It's doable, but just a bit more complicated and more time consumed by the gitlab runner.

Enjoy! and have fun

Go to: