Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » setting up allegro-5.2.6.0 on ubuntu 20.04

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
setting up allegro-5.2.6.0 on ubuntu 20.04
alexx.
Member #10,925
April 2009

I previously had allegro-5-2-5-0 running under ubuntu 18.04 and everything was working fine, had been for a long time. For various reasons I decided to upgrade and have come up against a problem.

Made a clean install of ubuntu 20.04, loaded everything back and decided to go for a later allegro, 25.2.6.0. Download and expanding directories all went without a problem but when trying to build the libraries, examples etc. with

mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..

I get an error after a few seconds:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:712 (message):
X11 support currently requires OpenGL or OpenGL ES support.

Surprisingly I cannot find any reference to this, that seems a simple error, on the internet.

I found a libOpenGL.so.0.0.0 on my system but really know nothing about OpenGL so just don't know what to try next.

The problem is consistent.

I'm enclosing three files that may be relevant, you can see where the error occurred in CMakeLists.txt, The other two are the logs produced.

Any help much appreciated

Alexx

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

To build Allegro from source you need to install (a lot of) dependencies, they are all listed in the documentation (but without Ubuntu-specific package names) - I think this is a complete list for Ubuntu:

https://github.com/liballeg/allegro_wiki/wiki/Install-Allegro-from-source-on-Ubuntu

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

Allegro always keeps up to date, but Ubuntu always uses deprecated dependencies, so you need to manually download the dependencies into the 'deps' directory.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

alexx.
Member #10,925
April 2009

Thanks for help.

I just went through steps 1 and 2 in Elias's link, and then where I had got the error before ( on "cmake .." ) went through without a problem.

Go to: