Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Allegro 4.4.3 released!

rss feed Print
Allegro 4.4.3 released!
SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

{"name":"611898","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/b\/bb5e43b061b96236cd5a2dd22beab35c.png","w":532,"h":696,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/b\/bb5e43b061b96236cd5a2dd22beab35c"}611898

Hard to believe this, but Allegro 4 is getting a new release! This is mostly bugfixes accumulated over the past 8(!) years. You can download it from GitHub downloads.

Changes from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3 (February 2019)

• Allow building the dependencies as shared libraries. (Michał Cichoń, Edgar Reynaldo)

• Fix typo preventing get_executable_name from using System V procfs correctly. (Peter Wang)

• Relicense loadpng under ZLib license.

• Fix spelling of endianness in textconv (Andreas Rönnquist).

• Fix format string warnings (Andreas Rönnquist).

• Add Linux console tslib mouse "touch screen" driver. (Tobi Vollebregt)

• Don't define a duplicate DLLMain. (SiegeLord)

• Fix Allegro crashes/compilation under 64 bit Windows. (Sven Eden, David Capello)

• Fix possible random crashes on Windows restoring DirectDraw surfaces. (David Capello)

• Make internal function get_value in jpgalleg static. (Trent Gamblin)

• Implemented load_midi_pf, play_fli_pf, open_fli_pf. (Ivan Mogilko)

• Make use of <stdint.h> in MSVS 2010 and higher. (Ivan Mogilko)

• Fixes several issues related to fullscreen mode in Windows. (Etienne Vouga)

• Windows: fixed TAB key getting stuck in key buffer when held before ALT. (Ivan Mogilko)

• Fix building with Mesa 18.2.5 and later. (Andreas Rönnquist)

• Remove f* variants of fixed math functions. (Andreas Rönnquist)

• Fix complilation of datedit. (rofl0r)

• Modernize and fix release zipup script. (rofl0r)

SHA256 SUMS:

67981ff3e1dcc785c3cde93e07200f319ff85ab47c33752c03dcbd4b7e818022  allegro-4.4.3.7z
1e096e435e49e2dfd924d9c54ed7325caa1b06cecd28c3307146dd0de3d0bcb4  allegro-4.4.3.tar.gz
2740f951dfc6a7d2ca8fdec808042c899d742e1a04d5571abe60ea5debc1797f  allegro-4.4.3.zip

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

I'm also undead

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I had to check to make sure it wasn't April 1st...

also, great picture

Any chance we can get a C++ Allegro 4 with OpenGL and Kinect support???

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Interesting. I'd occasionally run into repeated tab press detection issues, but it's pretty rare.

ZoriaRPG
Member #16,714
July 2017

@Seige Lord

I'll push our fix for the keyboard input race condition, if you'll accept it into the build. It corrects an issue on Windows where input becomes frozen based on allegro games being left runing for an extensive time.

The patch is here, if you want to review it:
https://github.com/ArmageddonGames/allegro5

Branch: 4.4-ZCFixes

Did anyone look at OSX 64b compilation, and is Linux 64b safe now, too?

It would also be nice to see precompiled libs for each platform made available with the release. A set of precompiled bins would always be helpful, at least for gccon OSX and Linux.

Windows, you'd need MinGW and MSVC bins.

We have someone (in theory) going through ag4.4 on OSX and fixing its deps. Quicktime.library is deprecated, and IDK what's happened with Quartz over the last few years.

Perhaps in a year or so, we can get some momentum on Allegro Legacy and turn it into 4.5. (IDR if you used that version designation before shifting the primary digit to 5.xx.)

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Anything can be accepted as long as its in a reasonable state. At least on our side, we consider A4 to be in maintenance mode so we're not really doing any new development... personally, I'm happy to continue merging other people's work though. If someone wishes to create binaries, I'm willing to put them up on github as long as they're of reasonable quality.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

ZoriaRPG
Member #16,714
July 2017

Very good. I put in a pull request.

Looks like we need to rebuild for MSVC in order for our static lib to be current with your latest fixes.

I'm unsure about this commit, though, as I recall this having been fixed in the past:

Quote:

This fixes an issue of TAB key code getting stuck in the key buffer after ALT+TAB.
Steps to reproduce:
1) you hold TAB; since ALT is not pressed yet, the press event is registered.
2) you hold ALT and then release TAB or ALT & TAB simultaneously, and release event is skipped, making program think that TAB is still pressed.

We have not encountered this since shifting to 4.4.2. Good to know that there was another fix, though. Perhaps the KB mutex also solved it. IDK.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Incredible.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Did someone test it in DOS? :)

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Frank Drebin
Member #2,987
December 2002

NiteHackr
Member #2,229
April 2002