Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » KrampusHack 2018: krampus18

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
KrampusHack 2018: krampus18
Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I suppose it's time for the obligatory game thread. My entry is played in a web browser: http://krampus18.allefant.com

If you want to see the multiplayer part join the game called "amarillion2" :)

If something looks broken try refreshing, for some reason half of my xmlhttprequests don't seen to be going through. Also if you see error 500s or endless loading the server probably crashed. I'm not a web dev and this uses early 2000s style web technologies, without any external libraries - but it made it fun developing it 🙃

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Doctor Cop
Member #16,833
April 2018

What are the controls?
Nothing seems to work.

I tried Arrow keys, W,A,S,D and mouse but nothing worked.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

There is no controls, all you can do is join different arenas (which will reset your health to 100). To get stronger you need to get more people to join.

Initially I had planned for each pet to have two action buttons (for the primary and secondary magic), so you could click to launch a special attack every few seconds, or click for a "heal all" spell - but ran out of time.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I tried but could not understand it enough to get the thing.

Technically talking, it's a good work.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

It looks interesting and fun, but my edits to the creature aren't saved, and there's no one to play with.

Let's arrange a time where we can play! I'm free!

EDIT
So I found out SeaMonkey doesn't work with your game, but Firefox, Chrome, and Edge all seem to play it fine.

On round 28 now, with me and Elias, and Trezker and jinak playing. Join Bowser if you want to play.

EDIT2
Made it to round 39!!!

{"name":"611841","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/6\/f69b9500a39d8936991f44c5e092b04f.png","w":1709,"h":820,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/6\/f69b9500a39d8936991f44c5e092b04f"}611841

Go to: