Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Issue clearout

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Issue clearout
dthompson
Member #5,749
April 2005

On GitHub, the Allegro issue tracker currently stands at 202 open issues. Compared to some projects this is relatively slim, but would hazard a guess that it's a larger number than is desirable for library like Allegro that's on the smaller side.

I notice that quite a few of these are pretty old and/or imported from SourceForge. Would it be useful if I (or anyone else) volunteered to go through and mark those that are now obsolete, or that are over a certain age?

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Sure - if you can find any! But in a project like Allegro a bug normally does not get any less important just because of time. E.g. if joystick detection under OSX was broken in 2009 then it still needs to be fixed now, unfortunately. Also note that some bugs are tagged with Allegro 4 which is a different project from Allegro 5, but we kept them in the same bug tracker.

Even better would be if you pick the oldest bug and submit a PR to fix it :) Unfortunately that has the problem that many of them are worth several days of work and usually require access to a special build environment (Windows, OSX, Android, Iphone...), so I wouldn't be so sure about the feasibility of that either.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

dthompson
Member #5,749
April 2005

I'll have a rummage this weekend :) - I see what you mean about the niche build environments, though.

I'm hoping that at some point soon, I'll actually start writing a substantial project that'll mean I actually run into these bugs and am forced to write some PRs. :P

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

And of course, if you are skilled enough, you can always attempt to fix some of them yourself and submit the fixes. Never done this myself, my skill level isn't quite that good I don't think.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Go to: