Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » How to find allegro.ppu

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
How to find allegro.ppu
jjallegro
Member #16,843
April 2018

Hi. I have some allegro code that I wrote in Pascal about 1-1 1/2 years ago. I kept my source, .exe, but deleted many of the allegro files. Now I am trying to do more allegro programming based on my original code. I have the line "uses allegro;" and the compiler complains that it can't find the file. Neither can I when I look online! Is there a new file/files that take its place? Thanks for any help!

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

The only version of Allegro for Pascal that I've heard about is Allegro.pas. Is that what you're looking for?

jjallegro
Member #16,843
April 2018

Thanks for responding. No, that's not it. I just downloaded that, and found several units, but not alllegro.pas. Among other things, I am looking for named constants AL_SCREEN_W, AL_SCREEN_H.

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Sorry, I don't have any experience with Pascal nor using Allegro with it, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help. Maybe someone else knows though.

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

AL_SCREEN_H and AL_SCREEN_W are from Allegro 4. Did you download the Allegro 4 version of allegro-pascal from the link Eric gave you?

I don't remember another pascal binding so Niunio would be your best bet to ask.

jjallegro
Member #16,843
April 2018

Thanks DanielH and Eric Johnson! I downloaded version 4.4.5 and found the constants. Thanks again.

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

You welcome.

Anyway, remember to read the documentation. They explain differences between versions.

I'm happy somebody else uses it. ;D

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Go to: