Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Allegro language bindings

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Allegro language bindings
Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

I was looking at the Language bindings and I've seen that my Pascal binding is mentioned only for version 4 but version 5 is quite advanced (and quite stable). Can somebody update it and add to the Allegro 5 list? Thank you.

I had a discussion with somebody that thought my binding library hasn't support for version 5 and decided to do it without asking (well, he did 4 years ago but he started the project a week ago). Also my binding will be beta soon so this would help me a lot (specially with the new Delphi support).

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

The bindings page source code is here: https://github.com/liballeg/allegrowww2/tree/master/en/bindings

pull request or patch welcome or just tell us what (exact) change you want

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

SiegeLord, weren't you doing some stuff with Rust a while back? Anything interesting or worth mentioning? :)

I had a colleague introduce me to Rust after I showed him an ncurses framework I had put together and we talked about perfect forwarding in C++. He said it's basically C compatible and has some syntactical things that make it easier to manage things like that, but it's intrinsic to the language itself.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

It's still a little WIP, as I'm continuing to experiment with how best to mesh Rust and Allegro. It's workable though, I made many games with it. I'll add it to the list when it feels more ready.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

Thanks. :)

I didn't know that you have the webpage "sources" at GitHub. Good to know.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

I made a binding for Allegro 5 to go language. Not documented but maps most all of Allegro: https://github.com/beoran/algo. I am currently rewriting my game in go, and considering to port Allegro C source itself to go for even better performance.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

beoran said:

I made a binding for Allegro 5 to go language. Not documented but maps most all of Allegro: https://github.com/beoran/algo. I am currently rewriting my game in go, and considering to port Allegro C source itself to go for even better performance.

YEah, but have you considered re-writing it all in Rust? ;)

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

Not really. I have tried Rust several times but I don't like it much. Go is much more to my taste.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

Ah, I see. So I am then RIIG then? ;) But, I won't ask that others rewrite Allegro. I would do it myself, based on contemporary technology such as Vulkan.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

You weren't asking for Rust. That was just a joke suggestion.

beoran said:

I would do it myself,

That's the big other thing that these crazy people never do. They don't want to actually do any work... they just tell everyone else they're wrong and they should fix it themselves. That's why they've become a meme.

-----sig:

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

Yeah, there are quite a few people out there who barge into open source project making all sorts of demands without ever having contributed anything of value. Not only rewrites in Rust, unfortunately...

Go to: