Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » The Witness

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
The Witness
Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I've been playing it - anyone else?

Tip: if you buy it from Humble Bundle (rather than Steam), you can choose to have a DRM-free version. It turns out that this is actually closer to what Jonathan Blow wanted for it: no achievements for example. You just play it and get lost in it.

It has also made me appreciate my surroundings in a new way during actual real walks in the countryside.

You can tell I'm a fan, can't you :)

It seems like the kind of game that won't happen again. It's difficult to imagine how any other team would take the risk of making such a labour of love over such a long time. Being The One Guy who made a game like Braid really puts you in a unique position, and I have to admit I'm also a bit envious ;) At least I can say I helped support it by (eventually) buying Braid 8-)

(off to play it some more)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

For me "The Witness" is the name of a famous film with Harrison Ford playing a detective who work on a murder in the Amish community.
Never played the game.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

It's on my list of definitely-want-to-play games. :) Also on the list is Doom, and the now controversial No Man's Sky.

Tip: if you buy it from Humble Bundle (rather than Steam), you can choose to have a DRM-free version. It turns out that this is actually closer to what Jonathan Blow wanted for it: no achievements for example. You just play it and get lost in it.

Awesome tip! I'll do this for sure.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Go to: