Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Distros for MinGW 4.8.1/5.3.0 and Allegro 4.4.3/5.2.1.1 ready for download

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Distros for MinGW 4.8.1/5.3.0 and Allegro 4.4.3/5.2.1.1 ready for download
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

The 7-zip manual said:

7z.exe is the command line version of 7-Zip. 7z.exe uses 7z.dll from the 7-Zip package. 7z.dll is used by the 7-Zip File Manager also.

7za.exe (a = alone) is a standalone version of 7-Zip. 7za.exe supports only 7z, lzma, cab, zip, gzip, bzip2, Z and tar formats. 7za.exe doesn't use external modules.

It looks like 7za may not support it, even though it says it supports .7z and .tar formats.

Use the installer and use the right click context menu or set the path to 7-zip and use 7z.exe instead.

I tried extracting using "7z x Allegro5211_MinGW5302_Rel3.tar.7z -oTest\" and it worked fine to extract it to the test directory.

A. van Patmos
Member #15,349
October 2013

People who don't like to install go here: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
and download "7-Zip Extra" it has the (or a?) 7za.dll too and it extracts the tar.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Apparently the compression method I used on the tar file to create the 7z file was LZMA2. 7za doesn't support LZMA2.

So either install the regular tools, which I personally think are awesome. Or wait for me to upload a version with LZMA compression.

Actually, nevermind. I tested with 7za 9.2 and it worked just fine. Try updating to the latest (old) version.

http://www.7-zip.org/a/7za920.zip

A. van Patmos
Member #15,349
October 2013

To be clear: it is the 16.02 version that I downloaded, I was trying to tell that it works (7za.dll and 7za.exe to windows/system32).
You're right, WinRAR 3.51 does not support LZMA2 either.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Thanks for that again Edgar.

As for opening the .7z files, I installed 7zip, then just double click the .7z file, you see the .tar inside of it, double click that, it opens up. No command lines, nothing. Drag and drop after that. Doesn't get any easier. ;)

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

There are some additional bugs with compiling Allegro programs as C++11 that are getting fixed as we speak. As soon as mingwrt3.22.4 comes out I will update the compiler again.

Keith Marshall has addressed a patch to fix these issues. You can get the updated wchar.h or the patch for 3.22.3 below. I will update the MinGW distro when I have time.

Just patch mingw/include/wchar.h with the patch, or overwrite with the new version to fix the problems mentioned here :

https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/616526/1025473#target

wchar.h
wchar.h.patch

EDIT 10-29-2016
I've updated MinGW 5.3.0-2 to use mingwrt3.22.4 to fix several issues when compiling with the C++11 standard.

Get it here : MinGW5302v3.tar.7z

A. van Patmos
Member #15,349
October 2013

Thanks. You do know that when compiling C the off_t errors occurred as well? The "-std-c99" had to be taken out for C. I'll use this tonight.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I had to log in just to salute Edgar for all his efforts. ;D

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Thanks. You do know that when compiling C the off_t errors occurred as well? The "-std-c99" had to be taken out for C. I'll use this tonight.

The off_t errors had to do with __STRICT_ANSI__ being defined, which happens with C++11 or with C99, I believe.

I had to log in just to salute Edgar for all his efforts. ;D

Thanks! Lurk less and post more!!!

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Hell yeah, nice work Edgar ! 8-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

1   2 

Go to: