Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » al_uninstall_system hangs if I reserve samples

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
al_uninstall_system hangs if I reserve samples
roger levy
Member #2,513
July 2002

I recently added some basic audio to the game I'm working on. Just one sound effect. That works fine. But I noticed on uninstall_system it hangs for several seconds.

If I uncomment a call to al_reserve_samples, the hang goes away. I'm reserving 16 samples by the way. Also I am initializing audio and the audio codec addon and setting my default mixer beforehand.

On version 5.1.13 / Windows 10

gillius
Member #119
April 2000

This is totally anecdotal, but I haven't noticed the same on Allegro 5.2.0 64 bit on Windows 10 (but I am referencing through Java binding, and only using al_reserve_samples(1)). Since you are using 5.1.13, you could try using the latest version?

Gillius
Gillius's Programming -- https://gillius.org/

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

5.2 includes some deadlock related fixes for the audio addon, although I don't recall how to reproduce them.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

roger levy
Member #2,513
July 2002

I tried upgrading to 5.2, but unfortunately the issue is still presenting.

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Ok, interesting. Does a simple program which just initializes everything, reserves some samples and calls uninstall system (if you call it in your game) hang?

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Go to: