Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Started with Allegro in 2001 - Time passes fast

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Started with Allegro in 2001 - Time passes fast
Zeidon
Member #16,039
August 2015

I have been using Allegro for quite some time. It's a great framework. Allegro was the first framework that I started using. I am one of those people who can be counted as a game making addict. I need my dayly dose or I will get really cranky.

I have used other framworks also but Allegro will always be one of my favourites.
;D
Love Allegro!

Well my latest game that I made is called,
BattleRex: Genghis Khan

It is made for Android and Google Play. It will be out for iOS in a few days.

{"name":"609684","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/c\/6c3753beab1fb14e68f9f16ea230ef9b.jpg","w":580,"h":348,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/c\/6c3753beab1fb14e68f9f16ea230ef9b"}609684

I just love making games.

cheers

Rexopax Software

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Zeidon said:

I am one of those people who can be counted as a game making addict. I need my dayly dose or I will get really cranky.

Quote:

I have used other framworks also but Allegro will always be one of my favourites.

Quote:

I just love making games.

{"name":"609686","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/5\/15d5a2e230f99b048cd520731e17c4b8.jpg","w":450,"h":313,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/5\/15d5a2e230f99b048cd520731e17c4b8"}609686

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Congratulations!

How is your experience with Allegro and the mobile platforms? Any hassles?

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

I think I started with Allegro at that time, too. Nowadays I don't code almost anything. I seem to start writing music instead everytime I want to be creative. But I do have an A5 installation on my laptop, waiting for me to start something completely new. I still have an A4 installation, too, for all my projects that I return to every once in a while.

And I couldn't care for any other framework than Allegro. I tried to get into Win8 apps and Android apps using some other tools, but I got bored very soon. If I ever try that again, I guess I'd check how Allegro could fit in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Go to: