Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » [A5] al_load_bitmap_f fails

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
[A5] al_load_bitmap_f fails
kakadas
Member #15,298
September 2013

I have a problem loading a bitmap from memory with al_load_bitmap_f. Here's the situation: The bitmap data is in class1, and I get it from class2, which is derived class. Here's my code extract:

#SelectExpand
1al_file_Data = al_open_memfile(class1::Image_Data, class1::Image_Size, "r"); 2 3if (!al_file_Data) 4 printf("memfile loading didn't work :( "); 5 6al_bmp_ScreenShot = al_load_bitmap_f(al_file_Data, ".bmp"); 7 8if (!al_bmp_ScreenShot) 9 printf("loading bitmap from data didn't work :( ");

To me the code seems legit and should work fine. I wrote class1::Image_Data to disk and confirmed that the image is valid.

Could Anyone tell me any reasons for al_load_bitmap_f failing?

ph03nix
Member #15,028
April 2013

Do you call al_init and al_init_image_addon before this? Also, is your bitmap data of a bmp file, as you specified in al_load_bitmap_f?

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

This code works for me:

#SelectExpand
1#include <allegro5/allegro5.h> 2#include <allegro5/allegro_image.h> 3#include <allegro5/allegro_memfile.h> 4#include <stdlib.h> 5 6int main() 7{ 8 al_init(); 9 al_init_image_addon(); 10 ALLEGRO_DISPLAY* display = al_create_display(800, 600); 11 12 ALLEGRO_BITMAP* bitmap = al_load_bitmap("test.bmp"); 13 assert(bitmap); 14 15 ALLEGRO_FILE* file = al_fopen("test.bmp", "rb"); 16 assert(file); 17 18 int64_t size = al_fsize(file); 19 assert(size > 0); 20 21 void* data = malloc(size); 22 al_fread(file, data, size); 23 24 ALLEGRO_FILE* memfile = al_open_memfile(data, size, "rb"); 25 26 ALLEGRO_BITMAP* bitmap2 = al_load_bitmap_f(memfile, ".bmp"); 27 assert(bitmap2); 28 29 ALLEGRO_EVENT_QUEUE* queue = al_create_event_queue(); 30 al_register_event_source(queue, al_get_display_event_source(display)); 31 32 bool quit = false; 33 while(!quit) 34 { 35 ALLEGRO_EVENT event; 36 if(al_get_next_event(queue, &event)) 37 { 38 if(event.type == ALLEGRO_EVENT_DISPLAY_CLOSE) 39 quit = true; 40 } 41 al_draw_bitmap(bitmap, 0, 0, 0); 42 al_draw_bitmap(bitmap2, 100, 100, 0); 43 al_flip_display(); 44 } 45 46 return 0; 47}

Check to see that the class1::ImageSize is right and if that is fine, then post the bitmap here... Allegro has trouble with some bitmap files (we suggest you use png/tga for that reason).

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

kakadas
Member #15,298
September 2013

ph03nix said:

Do you call al_init and al_init_image_addon before this? Also, is your bitmap data of a bmp file, as you specified in al_load_bitmap_f?

Wow, such a terrible mistake I made... I think I need to take a little break...

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Go to: