Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » SFML 2 Vs SDL 1.3/2.0 Vs Allegro 5

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
SFML 2 Vs SDL 1.3/2.0 Vs Allegro 5
Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

Since I started using github I have pointing a bunch of people to my repos when they ask for advice on a problem I have gone through in one of my projects. I wonder if anyone got some help from my code. I never got follow up questions, don't know if that's good or bad.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

On github you can post questions to commits (or even to single lines of the source in a specific revision). I find that quite nice :) Although I never had an actual use for it.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Peter Wang
Member #23
April 2000

Great, another communication channel for me to ignore :-X

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Well, sourceforge doesn't have that, and I think that's where our official git would live.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Bill Morris
Member #3,734
July 2003

Speaking of SourceForge, what percentages of new projects there do you guys think use Allegro vs. SDL vs. SFML? For total, I suppose Allegro has the advantage of having been around longer, and SDL would have the same advantage over SFML. So the question is about new projects.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Well, I'm sad to say that I think SDL would have the biggest majority for the SF projects.

m c
Member #5,337
December 2004

Does SFML really not work on AMD?

I suppose SDL would also be the largest, I mean it was made for commercial game porting from windows to linux after all (loki games)

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

m c said:

No clue. I tried using it once and had a headache by the time I was done. Though you could bypass most of the headaches and do:

using namespace std;
using namespace sfml;

Otherwise you get to have fun making sure you remember std:: and sfml:: in front of the proper functions all the time.

[REVISION]
Don't know why the code tags aren't working.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Don't know why the code tags aren't working.

Because it's </code>, not <\code>

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

LennyLen said:

Because it's </code>, not <\code>

Not entirely sure how I managed that. Of course I keep flipping Cplusplus.com code tags and A.cc code tags around so that may be how I got it. cplusplus.com use [code][/code] while A.cc is < code></ code>. Didn't even notice I hit \ instead of / though. That is going to bug me for the rest of the day, wondering how I did that since both keys are nowhere near each other ???.

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

m c said:

According to some forums 1.6 doesn't work properly with AMD cards.
However, 2.0 should support AMD properly.

1   2   3   4 

Go to: