Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Advice on using Allegro 4 or 5?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Advice on using Allegro 4 or 5?
sec_goat
Member #12,838
May 2011

Surt said:

The simplest solution (presuming you have permissions to do so) is to do a proper system install with a sudo make install which should put the headers in the proper place to be found by the compiler.

This was definitely part of my problem. I net through the Wiki article many times and used the make install command just as it appeared, I went back to look at it today and there is a note that says it must be run with root privileges. I can't believe I missed that!

You need to add a compiler search directory to your project. Use Menu->Project->BuildOptions, select your main project (not the specific build type) and go to Search Directories->Compiler and add in the directory where you have your allegro headers.

This was step 2 of three to get allegro working in Code::blocks in Ubuntu. Since I do not have my linux laptop with me I cannot recall what the third was exactly, a linker-option -lib allegro 5.0 or something similar. Once I have it I will upload these simple steps to the wiki so others might follow in my steps without as much frustration.

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

sec_goat said:

I like the way this sounds, what did you use to make it? Also think you can make something more ambient and space themed? I am going to need a sound track for a future project I am planning for.

I'm using FL Studio... Very expensive for just a hobbyist game developer... But I love music too, so I bought it not just for games...

If you show me your game and I have the time, why not? ;D

sec_goat
Member #12,838
May 2011

I'm using FL Studio... Very expensive for just a hobbyist game developer... But I love music too, so I bought it not just for games...If you show me your game and I have the time, why not? ;D

Well I think you do good work, and in a quiet a while, probably a couple years, when I am good enough to tackle the idea in my head, and I still remember this I will come look you up! ;D

1   2 

Go to: