Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » New html mockup code

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
New html mockup code
Kris Asick
Member #1,424
July 2001

I'm still using IE6, so I dunno if anyone's gonna want to fix this, but for some odd reason, <quote> blocks cause the indenting to go left by a few pixels for the rest of someone's reply on my system, up to and beyond the edges of the table bounds, as shown:

{"name":"598067","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/4\/f46f47ef92af06c215d10062259e535f.png","w":1119,"h":715,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/4\/f46f47ef92af06c215d10062259e535f"}598067

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- http://www.pixelships.com

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

Spoilers work for me, are you running NoScript or some other plugin stopping such things maybe?

Quote:

I'm still using IE6, so I dunno if anyone's gonna want to fix this

If Matthew didn't have a conscience he'd ban everyone who is using IE

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

Schyfis
Member #9,752
May 2008

Perhaps it's an odd side-effect of the update, but clicking on Kris' screenshot gives me a 404 error.

After a reboot, spoilers oddly seem to be working for me. Must be something with my browser.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[freedwill.us]
[unTied Games]

Milan Mimica
Member #3,877
September 2003

TLDR
when will the IMPORTANT! box go away? Hurts my eyes.

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

I don't like how writing '<' now requires me to press 'shift + ,', when to get '[' I only needed to press one key. Oh well.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

SiegeLord said:

I don't like how writing '<' now requires me to press 'shift + ,', when to get '[' I only needed to press one key. Oh well.

I think there are more keypresses in that post than the extra keypresses you're complaining about.

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Quote:

I think there are more keypresses in that post than the extra keypresses you're complaining about.

I just had to press Shift an extra 4 times to quote you, so I don't see your point. It's not the number of keypresses total, it's the extra number of keypresses.

EDIT: Not that it's a big deal, I am mostly joking

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Ah, quoting just seemed messed up in Safari or something. Upon ctrl-f5ing in Firefox, quote tags work as expected.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I prefer the '<' characters to the '['. It may include an extra Shift+ but the keys are in a more natural location.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

What? As far as I see it, [ requires ALT + F, ] = ALT + G. < requires only one key press. > Requires Shift + <. [1]

Oh, BTW [2], I like the new markup code very much. [3]

EDIT:

Oh, BTW [4], I like the new markup code very much. [5]

Produces the text you see above. One newline too many. :-/

References

1. I have a Slovenian keyboard.
  2. By The Way
  3. Really, I do!
  4. By The Way
  5. Really, I do!

In capitalist America bank robs you.

weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

Did quote always have a src attribute? Anyway, I like it. References are cool. Escape character: genious.
I don't know about embedded stuff, though...
Doing h1 in your signature is awesome, especially if you'd make a comment about the next one who posts. [ signature links broken]
[edit]
Removed for not being funny...

Milan Mimica
Member #3,877
September 2003

Vanneto: Most people don't have a Slovenian keyboard.

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

I think that most of the markup should be disabled in signatures, as weapon_s has so proudly demonstrated.
(Edit: Good.)

Thomas Harte said:

And thus began the era of "no video, no download".

Sure makes me glad that I have gotten in the habit of making videos for my games:

video

Darizel
Member #10,585
January 2009

Thanks for the "what???" vs what fix

Also, this is an awesome idea . Never would have thought of it. I'm sure I'll (ab)use this feature EDIT: though it doesn't work in preview...

Finally, conversion to real html/xhtml tags is nice.

----------
struthersgames.com - fun games for free download ;)
I am not an idiot.*
*in my opinion.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Quote:

I think that most of the markup should be disabled in signatures, as weapon_s has so proudly demonstrated.
(Edit: Good.)

Most, but not all. Links, for example, are fine. I didn't change my sig, so it still has the old mockup (unless ML did some kind of mass update on old posts/sigs, but I thought they were 'compiled' to an intermediate markup for storage anyhow) and works fine.

Karadoc ~~
Member #2,749
September 2002

We now have a lot more stuff we can use to make our posts look good, which is cool. The syntax is closer to being "standard", which is cool. I think the changes are an improvement; but I've never felt that the old formatting on these forums was lacking. I think I'll miss the simplicity of the old stuff for awhile. Also, I foresee overuse of <reveal> in the future...

-----------

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Also, I foresee overuse of <reveal> in the future...

<reveal><reveal><reveal><reveal><reveal><reveal><reveal><reveal><reveal><reveal>
<reveal><reveal><reveal><reveal><reveal><reveal><reveal><reveal><reveal><reveal>

There is no <reveal>.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

OMGZ A HIDE/SHOW BUTTON

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Niunio, et al. said:

Will you release the sources?

Not at the moment. But it only represents about 1,500 lines of new code and ten hours of work, so it shouldn't be that hard to develop yourself.

I'll help you get started:

$doc = new MockupDocument();
$doc->loadText($mockup);

$writer = new MockupWriter();
echo $writer->getHTML($doc);

8-)

Timorg said:

When I shift click on the image, it becomes fullscreen, with no way other than alt-f4 to close the window.

I tried to upload a screenshot as a jpeg, but it stalled at 6% I clicked the attachment button to hide it, and now when I try and click it to bring down the form, it doesn't do anything.

Your browser shouldn't position the image window in a place where you cannot access it...

Attachments should work, but if you have problems with them, you can always edit your post and use the attachments link at the bottom right.

Mark said:

Sophia Bush DAYUM!! :o

That's what she said.

about me

ReyBrujo said:

Interesting. I would have liked if you could have implemented the MediaWiki way of marking italics (two single quotes) and bold (three single quotes), like ''italics'' and '''bold''' too, since you already use the links and lists that are standard.

I never really liked that syntax, as it feels arbitrary. I prefer things that have meaning in plain text. Probably won't implement.

Kibiz0r said:

To be honest, I'd rather just have the white-text/black-bg standard spoiler setup.

Then that would limit spoiler sections to text. But if you want to do that, go ahead and modify your CSS.

Updates

I fixed up a few things:

• A few CSS updates to correct some spacing issues

• Enabled JS controls during previews.

• Fixed some JS broken by the inclusion of prototype. This (partially) fixes PMs. Still more to do there.

• Updated the spoiler to have a toggle button.

• Fixed the long standing I'm dumb!<eating bug.

• Re-enabled 'light' HTML in signatures, and limited the maximum number of lines to four.

• Changed the reference blocks to be static text (instead of JS built). Old posts won't reflect that change.

• References are highlighted and visible when the [1] link is clicked.

To activate the changes, you must refresh your browser to update your CSS and JS files.

That includes you idiots who never listen. >:(

Kris Asick
Member #1,424
July 2001

I'm still having spacing issues with the quotes. x_x;

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- http://www.pixelships.com

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Quote:

Re-enabled 'light' HTML in signatures, and limited the maximum number of lines to four.

BRILLIANT!

Could you add 'irc:' to the list of valid link protocols, please?

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Quote:

I'm still having spacing issues with the quotes. x_x;

It's how every page should look on IE 6. I'm not going out of my way to work around any of its glitches.

It looks like a classic case of the Creeping Text bug[1] to me, in which case the Zoom Hack[2] will probably fix it.

I won't be doing anything about it, but you could try adding something like this to your custom CSS:

td.content,
div.mockup,
div.quote_container
{
  zoom: 1;
}

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Signatures of four lines only? What will bamccaig do now? At least give us the -- line for free! I still would like a link back from the reference to the word it was reference.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

What about poor narcissistic nonnus29? Serves him right.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Quote:

At least give us the -- line for free!

The -- line is why you get four...

Go to: