Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » OPong release

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
OPong release
Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

It doesn't work in my computer.
Unsupported refresh rate, you should include a text .cfg file for easy configuration.
P4 2400mhz, fx5700, Philips 107S5 monitor, winXP.

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Unsupported refresh rate? hmm, I don't make any changes to the hardware configuration... All that is done with OpenGL. I'll have to double check that when I get home.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

cant get spinning to work, cant find help file that explains it.

Paul Pridham
Member #250
April 2000

Johnny, I have plenty of other OpenGL programs (including my own) that change the resolution and work just fine.

Mark Oates, consider adding an external config file so that I can try setting up various options to get it working... windowed, resolution, colour depth, etc.

Fladimir da Gorf
Member #1,565
October 2001

OpenLayer uses AllegroGL to set up the screen. Also, could you post the openlayer.log so that I could get a hint of why the graphics aren't showing (maybe some OpenGL extension issue).

OpenLayer has reached a random SVN version number ;) | Online manual | Installation video!| MSVC projects now possible with cmake | Now alvailable as a Dev-C++ Devpack! (Thanks to Kotori)

Paul Pridham
Member #250
April 2000

1OpenLayer started up succesfully
3Auto Loader: Executing 9 pending loading commands
4Auto Loader: Completed
6Screen set up succesfully
8Loading a true type font: d:\Misc\Temp\OPong\fonts\scifi2k2.ttf
9Loading a true type font: d:\Misc\Temp\OPong\fonts\scifi2k2.ttf
10Loading bitmap: images/paddle.tga
11OpenGL extension GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two was not found.
12Loading bitmap: images/ball.tga
13OpenGL extension GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two was not found.
14Loading bitmap: images/life.bmp
15OpenGL extension GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two was not found.
16Loading bitmap: images/OPong_title2.bmp
17OpenGL extension GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two was not found.
18Collecting garbage
20Garbage Collector: Destroying 9 items
21Garbace Collector: Completed
23Destroying the framebuffer
24Used framebuffer: Framebuffer emulation
25OpenLayer shutdown finished

When I somehow manage to start the game, the game arena does blink into existence for a split second, but then I just get all black with the text.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I would write in the code for a config file, but that computer is now giving me the blue screen on boot up because of a recent power failure in the appartment. >:(

my logfile says the same thing. :/ do you hear audio when you move the mouse quickly? Try pressing 5 on the keypad, that re-aligns the camera to the origin, it's a shot in the dark. Try pressing the left mouse button to serve the ball.

All you have to do to start the game is press the left mouse button. You get text as shown in the screenshot, ... no squares at the top left?

man...

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Paul Pridham
Member #250
April 2000

Mark, the audio seems to work fine (sounds cool actually :)). Pressing 5 doesn't do anything.

And yes, I get just text... no squares, no boxes, no paddles, no ball. :(

But as I said before, seems to be a common problem with OpenLayer stuff on my machine.

Fladimir da Gorf
Member #1,565
October 2001

I've heard about a similiar problem before. The issue could be in OpenGL drivers - OpenLayer requires relatively new drivers in order to upload the textures correctly. However, it's strange that the text works...

OpenLayer has reached a random SVN version number ;) | Online manual | Installation video!| MSVC projects now possible with cmake | Now alvailable as a Dev-C++ Devpack! (Thanks to Kotori)

1   2 

Go to: