Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » SpeedHack post-releases

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
SpeedHack post-releases
Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Hi,

I'm starting a thread for anyone to post any post-competition releases or information on their SpeedHack entries. I'll start ...

High Glider source and data, fixed version
Windows binary

The fixes are as follows:

I spent twelve hours sleeping during SpeedHack, out of 72 hours total. That's one sixth. I cannot keep my eyes open. Therefore I shall play the other entries 'tomorrow'. Congratulations to everyone who finished one!</li>

--
    Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
    Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
    The brxybrytl has you.

Steve Terry
    Member #1,989
    March 2002

I second the congrats :)

james_lohr
    Member #1,947
    February 2002

Here's mine:

Hippy's Trip

It ROCKS if I may say so myself ;D. Includes source code, data files and windows binary.

I spent at least 50 hours out of 72 on my entry. I had no sleep at all last night. In fact since saturday morning I've had a total of 5 hours sleep! All I can say is NEVER AGAIN! That was fun and all and I'm really proud of my game (probably one of my best games so far) but at the moment I feel half dead. My head's throbbing and I can't even get to sleep.

heh - I was reading my log and I;ve done more moaning than actually keeping track of things :-/.

BAF
    Member #2,981
    December 2002

I was up all night friday night and napped for 4 hrs on sat. I spent prolly 40-60 hours on mine (prolly closer to 60).

Winbin: http://baf.is-a-geek.com:14464/misc/r_winbin.zip
    Src w/ makefiles and fix.bat/fix.sh: http://baf.is-a-geek.com:14464/misc/relazesrc.zip

To compile you need allegro 4+ (WIP will work, stable will as well), Dumb, and jpegalleg (can be gotten here: http://baf.is-a-geek.com:14464/misc/jpgalleg-2.3.tar.gz)

Some computers it won't run well on, while others it runs perfectly. Please test it out, and let me know your specs etc.

Warning: if you want a maze that it will give you about 100 mins to do, edit relaze.cfg and set all the numbers to 60. BEWARE: It will take at least 50mb of ram to generate a maze that big - it makes a bmp of it and parses the bmp :P

all 6's seems to be a good balance tho.

Zaphos
    Member #1,468
    August 2001

James: That's an empty zip.

Bruce: Woah, tricky controls. Cool gameplay, though :)

hazul
    Member #4,338
    February 2004

Zaphos: I got it okay. Pretty nice game :) I hate the bees :P

"Multiplayer is actually the best way of not programming a good AI" -ReyBrujo

Zaphos
    Member #1,468
    August 2001

Gwah? I downloaded it several times with 2 different browsers, and tried opening it with two seperate zip-opening programs. It's empty.
    Edits:
    Okay, Lohr has exceeded his geocities space. That could explain it.

Baf: Seems the second time I saw the main menu, my mouse just didn't work well with your program. It would only update the allegro mouse position every other second or so.

james_lohr
    Member #1,947
    February 2002

Quote:

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.

Hmmm something to do with my geocities web site:-/? Is there anywhere else I can get some free webspace?

Mark Robson
    Member #2,150
    April 2002

All unmodified since submission:

Submitted zipfile (source and data):

http://www.vectrex.org.uk/hh_submit_speedhack04.zip

http://www.vectrex.org.uk/hurryhover_win32.zip

Mark

Krzysztof Kluczek
    Member #4,191
    January 2004

James:

geocities said:

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.

:(

Anyway, here's my entry (Windows binary + source + data). Much smaller version without binaries is downloadable from speedhack.allegro.cc :)
    http://sphere.pl/~krzysiek/files/SpeedHack-sh-bin.zip

Screenshot is attached. :)

Zaphos
    Member #1,468
    August 2001

Ah, I shall join in the winbin distribution as well:
    Goodbytes and Zaphos present:
    [url http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jandrews/ismWinBin.zip]
    (Edit: Updated to fixed source -- see goodbytes' post below -- and winbin; this is what goodbytes posted but with a binary thrown in for you).

KK: slick production!

jcnossen
    Member #205
    April 2000

This is my entry which I submitted about a quarter past 2 pm, so it isn't listed with the rest of the entries.
    Anyway, considering the effort i've put into it (okay, i have had a reasonable amount of sleep compared to others) I still want to post it.

Here is the win32 binary + sources + data. Nice thing is that it's about 230k with the binary :)

download 'GhostFlyer'

james_lohr
    Member #1,947
    February 2002

I forgot about the attachments here. Doh!

Inphernic
    Member #1,111
    March 2001

Windows binaries of Duckie Dash:

http://www.duckiehorde.net/duckdash.zip

Oscar Giner
    Member #2,207
    April 2002

Right now I cannot upload my fixed version, so here's in the attachment :)

Source + data + Win32 binaries included

Extended version includes:

• high quality graphics (instead of the 32 color images used to preserve space).

• music (I lost some time searching for a music, and finally couldn't make it at time... by a few secs :'(, but here is it in the extended version:)).

• controls configuration: you can change controls in the allegro.cfg file.

• Added joypad support.

• Fixed some gfx glitches in 3 player mode. Also, the third player is shown in the centre.

• Fixes to the sourcecode I mentioned in the other thread (so now it compiles with gcc).

• Added tracks/custom_tracks.txt explaining the track format so you can create your own tracks.

FrankyR
    Member #243
    April 2000

Here's mine:
    http://thunderstrike.solartempest.net/pirate.zip (windows binary and source).

I got a normal amount of sleep and food during the comp time, so my entry is not the most impressive of the bunch, but since my brother did the art for me, at least that aspect is above par :).

[edit: the site seems to be down, so I'll attach a copy of the game]

jcnossen
    Member #205
    April 2000

Hey Pete the pirate!
    That wouldn't refer to Peter Hull would it? :)

Nice game, and especially nice art (you're lucky, my sister doesn't want to draw on the pc :( )

Goodbytes
    Member #448
    June 2000

Although Zaphos doesn't know it, I unwittingly miscoded a crucial part of the engine... heh heh... :/

I begged Matthew for indulgence on updating the entry, but if that doesn't happen, you can get the better version of mine and Zaphos's entry here: http://www.binarysurge.com/misc/284_the_someword_virus.zip

--
    ~Goodbytes

BAF
    Member #2,981
    December 2002

teams were allowed?

anyway.. some computers my entry runs fine on. others it doesnt.

Zaphos: what are your specs?

james_lohr
    Member #1,947
    February 2002

So what happens now? -Do we get any feedback from Arron Shutt about our entries or anything like that?

Zaphos
    Member #1,468
    August 2001

BAF: 1ghz, 256 ram, radeon mobility, windows XP

Goodbytes: Is it ... the line of site code?
    Edit: Yay. I just actually played our game through. I'm happy now. Our ending rules.

X-G
    Member #856
    December 2000

Quote:

So what happens now? -Do we get any feedback from Arron Shutt about our entries or anything like that?

What usually happens is someone, Matthew or Arron, compiles and re-release all the entries in a collective zip file or list them all at some page. Then the voting begins.

--
    Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

gnolam
    Member #2,030
    March 2002

And then a winner is declared sometime in 2005 ;)

--
    Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

kentl
    Member #2,905
    November 2002

Bruce Perry: In High Glider, i understand that i am able to rotare the view using the arrow keys. But how do i accelerate? (i check the Readme file, but i must have missed it) Looks promising though!

James Lohr: The music alone rocks! Go Marley! ;) Very cool game! It looks like nothing happens if i tap RSHIFT just before landing though? The guy still seems to stumble.. But great game! I agree that it rocks!

Mark Robson: Also a cool game! Made me think of Super Skidmarks(pic) on the Amiga (which i love). The controls are a bit bad though, the racing feeling is left out a bit due to lack of control over the boat (but i bet it´s easy for you to fix).

Krzysztof Kluczek: Looks awesome! Hard to control the aircraft though, it would be nice with an option to have the camera a bit closer to the aircraft. It would probably be easier to control it then (also an option for how fast it turns would be nice and might help the control issue also).

Inphernic: Nice console-ish game! Looks great... I wish i had some missiles to kill the other players! But that´s just my SuperCars-twised brain...

FrankyR: Cool game to.. Really nice graphics! I couldn´t manage to jump over one of the holes to... Got stuck.. (i tried about 10 times)... It´s probably just me not having what it takes though! ;)

Last of all! I envy all of you guys who could participate! I would really have liked to but didn´t have enough time. :'( So i guess waiting a whole year is whats next... .:P

BAF
    Member #2,981
    December 2002

OscarG's has a problem... you have to use grabber and open his data file, then extract the 2 pngs and put them in the same dir with the exe, then you can play (I had to hack his src to find that)

It runs fine on mutators ~600mhz pc, no pattern to my game's workings.

Oh and i made the windows binaries (I offered to Matthew and he accepted).

http://baf.is-a-geek.com:14464/misc/sh2004winbins.zip <-- 6.1mb.

This is on my 384kbps upload connection (max of 48 KB/sec). I dont know if it will get copied to allegro.cc's server. If not, I will prolly put it on bafsoft.com or bafsoft.net (more bandwidth there).

1   2   3   4 

Go to: