Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Your very own room!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Your very own room!
elver
Member #3,670
July 2003

Come on, everyone! Let's see what your room looks like!

http://www.hot.ee/kernelpenguin/room.jpg

That's my humble room there. On the screen there's an xterm with irssi and #allegro, XEmacs window with the source code to my blog and Firefox pointed at allegro.cc. And that's a pretty Gnome 2.4.1 desktop on Linux 2.6.5.

There are various empty and a few full containers of caffeinated beverages on the desk and some big containers of bottled water. ("Montavit" only. Everything else tastes like sandpaper.)

And yeah, that's a Microsoft Natural Keyboard. That proves I'm willing to use something by Microsoft if it's good :P

You can also see my Graphire 2, two gamepads, a pretty good soundcard on the desk there next to the computer. Ah. Yes. The computers. The top one is Eudaimonia running Linux. 1.4ghz and my main computer. The lower one, underneath it, is Vincent running Windows 98 and a VNC server for some old hardware that doesn't work under Linux. My ancient lappie I use for writing isn't visible, heh. Same goes for the scanner. Both are, well, basically under a pile of junk that is the part of my room not on this picture, which contains a box of Lego bricks, a pile of old magazines, various machinery not in working order including three old PSUs. (Eudaimonia is on its 3rd one right now... ::))

Anyway, post pictures of your rooms. The owner of the messiest room gets an award :P

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I'd win.. But I'd have to get the film developed, get it in digital format somehow (my scanner is broken :().. so yeah. no pic of my room.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Marcello
Member #1,860
January 2002

Doubt I'll be winning...

http://www.unm.edu/~cello/newdesktop.jpg

Marcello

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Hey, elver... too many sticks around your monitor... why don't use something like Post-It? :)

By the way, I don't have camera nor scanner... and it is much simpler, just a table with both the Linux and Windows boxes. I am pretty clean :)

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

elver
Member #3,670
July 2003

ReyBrujo said:

Hey, elver... too many sticks around your monitor... why don't use something like Post-It?

You mean the program? Nah. Don't want anything cluttering up my precious screen real-estate :)

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Quote:

The owner of the messiest room gets an award

WHY COULDN'T WE DO THIS LAST WEEKEND!? ;)

I just cleaned my room... or should I say, I just paid my sister to clean my room? ;)

My room is sorta big.......... so, I did 4 shots so you can see pretty much everything :P

Woops.. didn't get a shot of the top of my book case.. where I have a bunch of toys and Final Fantasy action figures :P

Anyway.. in order of interest..
Shot 1 (You'll notice we canadians like to drink our honey)
Shot 2
Shot 3
Shot 4

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

elver
Member #3,670
July 2003

Derezo... Uh... How should I break this to you... This thread is about rooms, not dogs :P

Besides, cats are cuter. :P

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Well, she kept following me around after I moved to the other side of the room :P

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Hey, Derezo...
1. No way I would let such a big dot on my bed!
2. Can we bet when your TV will fall? :)

I cannot set the TV and the monitor too near... one hates the other :/

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

RB: My TV has been up like that since we moved here almost a year ago ;D

I had to use something to prop it up, because I got my bed after I got the stand.... and my feet are always in the way when I'm watching TV lying down.. I wanted to use something solid, but my dad insisted that styrofoam would do...

My monitor flickers when I turn the TV on.. but not much else.

As for the dog, my bed has 3 layers:
- Fitted Sheet
- Sheet
- Dog Hair Catching Sheet, which is the purple flowery one right now.

I gotta change the top sheet every couple days :P

It's a queen sized bed, so there's plenty of room :D

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Did someone say cats? ;D

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

You actually registered tomasu.org? :o

It keeps timing out for me, though.

elver
Member #3,670
July 2003

Derezo said:

As for the dog, my bed has 3 layers:
- Fitted Sheet
- Sheet
- Dog Hair Catching Sheet, which is the purple flowery one right now.

I don't want to know :P

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Yup, not to mention .com and .net :) ;D It may take a while for the DNS stuff to update... try this instead. :)

--

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Derezo that second picture seems to show that you have no reflection in your mirror! I know you were a vampire!! ;)

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

RP said:

I know you were a vampire!! ;)

Blast! Foiled!
(... does this affect the allegro comic? ;))

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

ill post pics of my room later when after school (beware its messy)

Adol
Member #2,328
May 2002

TF: The wet_cat_on_chair pic looks so cool. 8-)

I will post pics of my apartment tommorow, and I believe I will win the award (mainly my roomates fault, but what can you expect when you share a one bedroom apt?)
I sleep / live in the living room, so that gives me an edge over you guys (more things to mess it up ;D)

crazy_k
Member #1,978
March 2002

i don't have pics of my room :( (it's soo messy you wouldn't believe it :-/)

but here are 2 pics showing my computer.. or more the table infront of it.. the rest of the table is messy like that too.
http://www.pilt.ee/i/p/4/36/01894364b648bc.png loads of stuff there..
http://www.pilt.ee/i/p/7/78/01894787a67626.png while studying bio..

---
<3

Fladimir da Gorf
Member #1,565
October 2001

Quote:

(it's soo messy you wouldn't believe it )

You could win the competition! ;) But I didn't expect to get to peek into a girl's room anyways...

OpenLayer has reached a random SVN version number ;) | Online manual | Installation video!| MSVC projects now possible with cmake | Now alvailable as a Dev-C++ Devpack! (Thanks to Kotori)

crazy_k
Member #1,978
March 2002

it has pink clothes and accessories all over the place :D so cool ;D

---
<3

Fladimir da Gorf
Member #1,565
October 2001

Yeah, I noticed... this one's a girl for sure ;)

OpenLayer has reached a random SVN version number ;) | Online manual | Installation video!| MSVC projects now possible with cmake | Now alvailable as a Dev-C++ Devpack! (Thanks to Kotori)

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Scary pictures!

Even your avatar is pink! A little too pink I think.. Is this better?

http://www.shadecat.com/crazyk.png

:)

crazy_k
Member #1,978
March 2002

Richard Phipps:
Scary pictures!

Even your avatar is pink! A little too pink I think.. Is this better?

>>My avatar is in no way pink!! :| and i hate the old pic where my head is red and i don't have my pirecing >:(

---
<3

Fladimir da Gorf
Member #1,565
October 2001

Piercing? Bad girl! ;)

Go to: