Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » anjuta annoyance

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
anjuta annoyance
ixilom
Member #7,167
April 2006

Hello!

So, XP decided to take a dive ... fortually I had dualboot with my trustworthy debian and I could retreive my projects.
I decided I'd try to code stuff on linux (ooo, scary) ... and, its quite simple actually. I've setup allegro and anjuta, I can compile just fine.

However, there is one thing that gives me the creeps. Whenever I start to debug I get a popup that says

Quote:

"Error: Failed to read a valid object file image from memory."

The program starts just fine, I can debug etc. But damn its annoying to click on "ok" every damn time I start to debug.
The debug log gives the same message and above that it points to allegro/system.h line 81. That line is where allegro initializes itself

AL_INLINE(int, install_allegro, (int system_id, int *errno_ptr, AL_M( ... and some more irrelevent code)

Ok, so I figure, I need to run allegro debug libraries ...
ran ./configure --enable-dbglib=1 && make && make install
I didn't get a alld-4.2.0 library??

What gives? Any suggestions, I'm happy if I can get the damn popup to go away heh.

kikabo
Member #3,679
July 2003

Quote:

./configure --enable-dbglib=1 && make && make install

try

./configure && make DEBUGMODE=1 && make DEBUGMODE=1 install

Hopefully all that creepiness will go away :)

ed:
and add DEBUGMODE=1 when compiling your source
and -lalld when linking

ed2: I've never used --enable-dbglib=1 that way under linux (assuming that's a valid way) but the other way has always worked for me

ixilom
Member #7,167
April 2006

I havent done much coding or compiling for that matter on linux, but I've never seen anything else than "install" passed as a parameter to make :P

The ./configure --help shows me the switch I mentioned above.
Anyways, your way worked. I got the debug libraries ... however, the problem persist. I've tried kdevelop and it doesn't whine about anything, but it has some other annoying "features" to it.

Its like the swedish saying "pest eller kolera" ... "plague or cholera", either choice has its own way to screw you.

Maybe I'll just have to live with the popup... sorta feels like running some shareware on windows ;)

Go to: