Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » More android filesystem woes

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
More android filesystem woes
nshade
Member #4,372
February 2004

I think this sis a different enough problem where I'm having issues with Android's file system again.

Ok, I'm using ALLEGRO_USER_SETTINGS_PATH, ALLEGRO_USER_DATA_PATH, and ALLEGRO_RESOURCES_PATH to read and write my game data. Lucky for me all these paths all point to this folder

data/user/0/com.omnitrend.roe.rulesofengagement

That's cool, however, I need to drop my config files, user missions, and themes into that folder and for some reason I can't see this folder in my file browser. I need to go in there and delete my old config file so I can make one a little more appropriate for Android.

I know this is more Android related, but where is this folder?

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

The full path will be data/data/user...

It's a restricted folder though only your app user can see. In adb you can change the user and then see it (I forget the instructions but Google has them). You can also root your phone and root can see all folders. But neither of these seems to work very reliably for me across devices - so I'd say the best way is to use the integrated file browser of Android studio which does the user changing for you and let's you access those files for the current project.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Go to: