Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Rand-O-mazE

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Rand-O-mazE
devo_au
Member #15,282
August 2013

Check out my game. Had fun making it with Allegro 5.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/949570/RandOmazE/

Cheers Dev ;D

it wasn't me, it was other kids

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I'm interested in which algorithm you chose to generate your mazes. I have a (very) simple maze game in 2D and 3D maze generation code I haven't visualized yet. Both use Kruskal to prune edges and make passages. It's fun changing k you can make vertical or horizontal or depth-wise passages predominant in your maze.

Eventually I want to make a 2D and 3D dungeon crawler in AD&D style. Pay homage to the games I grew up on like Curse of the Azure Bonds, Pool of Radiance, Eye of the Beholder, etc...

devo_au
Member #15,282
August 2013

Recursive Backtracking. Can't remember exactly which site I got it from but it is a solid way to make mazes. The maze is really a grid. When the cell gets visited it has a wall removed and then the focus moves to another cell at random, but preferably one that hasn't already been visited. When there are no more neighboring cells that haven't been visited, the focus will back track until there is a neighboring cell that hasn't been visited. Will see how this one goes. Going to go through the motions with the steam process and maybe try it on other platforms if there is a taste for it.

I haven't played the games your referring to but I am also into rogue like games, and hopefully get a chance to make one in the future. I really like random level generation, and rogue had that. Simple and fun.

it wasn't me, it was other kids

Go to: