Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » U.S. Govt

Credits go to Aikei_c, Arthur Kalliokoski, Ben Delacob, Bob Keane, Chris Katko, Derezo, Edgar Reynaldo, furinkan, Gideon Weems, l j, Matthew Leverton, Michael Faerber, Neil Roy, pkrcel, raynebc, Samuel Henderson, SiegeLord, Steve Terry, The Master, Thomas Fjellstrom, Vanneto, and William Labbett for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
U.S. Govt
Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Back on topic. This story raised my eyebrows. I was especially interested in the part about the Pentagon supporting the Egyptian military while the Whitehouse supported the Muslim Brotherhood...

http://www.eutimes.net/2013/10/pentagon-warns-to-expect-radical-change-in-us-government-soon/

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Podunk is slang for the middle of nowhere...

Edit
Re article :

So, obama's gonna go awol and declare some kind of supreme executive power? And the military is gonna blow him up cuz he's a commie? And they're trying to pass bills that allow them to detain without due cause and to assassinate us? Sounds like a soap opera.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Oct 11-13 will be interesting. The truckers will be rolling into Washington to shut down DC, on the 13th the vets will be marching on the memorial where they have not allowed to be going to (but the government allowed an immigrant march).

Then there's that debt ceiling on the 17th... will someone flinch? Even so, how long will a debate on the debt ceiling take and will it be raised on time to avoid a default? And if the USA does default on it's loans, what then? Dollar devalued? Economic turmoil? It certainly looks like it will be an interesting month, perhaps even historical. Time will tell.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

type568 said:

I thought only Israel is so ed to have about 10:1 down:up ratio :S

I've got a 20:1 ratio...

120 mbps down, 6 mbps up in theory.

In practice I've got about 90-110mbps down and 4.5-5.5 mbps up.

So, obama's gonna go awol and declare some kind of supreme executive power? And the military is gonna blow him up cuz he's a commie? And they're trying to pass bills that allow them to detain without due cause and to assassinate us? Sounds like a soap opera.

Sounds legit.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

NiteHackr said:

Back on topic. This story raised my eyebrows.

Well, if that solves the issue and lifts the risk of default(I don't really think there are any realistic odds of U.S. technically defaulting, but the threat of such an event, even smallest is harmful for my portfolio which is about 50% in U.S. stocks).

I hope he doesn't order any assassinations on the way though :D

taron  said:

Sounds legit.

It does.

P.S:
20:1.. My condolences.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

The US would only default when the debt ceiling is hit if the administration decides to allocate the money they have in a way that causes it. They could try to do this to "maximize the pain" but they wouldn't be able to hide that it was their decision to pay for a new pet project instead of an existing debt.

Ben Delacob
Member #6,141
August 2005

In that article Seymour Hersh (via the Guardian) states:
"The Obama administration lies systematically, he claims, yet none of the leviathans of American media, the TV networks or big print titles, challenge him."

Seriously? Not forgetting any major news networks that are practically structured around challenging him? Not one?

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Seriously? Not forgetting any major news networks that are practically structured around challenging him? Not one?

Well, they do "challenge" him on petty stuff to make it look like they're doing something, but they don't ask the hard questions that anyone without strings attached would ask, like Europeans or Al Jazeera.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Not forgetting any major news networks that are practically structured around challenging him? Not one?

Weasel N.. Err... Fox News?

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

This comment is no longer relevant.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

raynebc said:

but they wouldn't be able to hide that it was their decision to pay for a new pet project instead of an existing debt.

Nah. When they hit the debt ceiling they hit it. They'll hit it without new projects, current "owned" payments exceed the income by far.

Well, perhaps until they decide to ONLY service the debt.

Append:
Finally..

1   2   3   4 

Go to: