Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Programmer jokes

Credits go to AMCerasoli, Arthur Kalliokoski, Dizzy Egg, Gideon Weems, gnolam, james_lohr, jmasterx, Karadoc ~~, Neil Roy, Neil Walker, OICW, SiegeLord, Sirocco, and Trent Gamblin for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
Programmer jokes
Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I would have checked for leading zeros even in assembler. :P

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Tobias Dammers
Member #2,604
August 2002

Yeah, well, you would. I've seen enough of other people's code to know that many wouldn't, and then they wouldn't know what hit them when '01-05-08' comes out as '5/1/2000', or worse, '09-05-12' becomes '4/30/2012' or something.

---
Me make music: Triofobie
---
"We need Tobias and his awesome trombone, too." - Johan Halmén

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I got tired of waiting about the programmers arm healing, and I couldn't find the answer on Google. :P

All the doctor would give him was an implicit cast. :D

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

All the doctor would give him was an implicit cast.

MxRBO.gif

Oooooohhhhhh! I'd never have guessed that in a million years.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Arthur Kalliokoski wins this thread.

I'm still laughing at his perfectly placed gif.

Also good joke Mr. Weems :)

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Luiji99
Member #12,254
September 2010

I've never used the functions OCT and DEC but I still know what they do. Then again, I seem to be ahead of my age. I've met JavaScripters that still don't know what regexes are. :-X

It should have really been something like 0o732 instead of 0732 to prevent so many n00b mistakes. I use octal often because of \033.

Programming should be fun. That's why I hate Java.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Lately, D has deprecated 0732 in favour of octal!732. While they're at it, they deprecated 1234l in favour of 1234L. :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Tobias Dammers
Member #2,604
August 2002

Ooooh nice... you know, there's this guide to writing unmaintainable code out there somewhere, and it suggests, among other things, being creative with l vs. I vs. 1, and 0 vs. O. So you'd have variables named Il1l and l1Ill alongside each other, ideally in a way that would make confusing the two lead to incredibly obscure bugs.

---
Me make music: Triofobie
---
"We need Tobias and his awesome trombone, too." - Johan Halmén

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Yeah, well, you would. I've seen enough of other people's code to know that many wouldn't, and then they wouldn't know what hit them when '01-05-08' comes out as '5/1/2000', or worse, '09-05-12' becomes '4/30/2012' or something.

Are you making that up? (int) '08' => 8 in PHP.

And that function is pointless, when you can just do: DateTime::createFromFormat('d-m-y|', '01-05-08'). Of course, that doesn't stop PHP programmers from writing such a function. :P

Schyfis
Member #9,752
May 2008

I think this one is pretty easy, I made it up last week when my friend and I were trying to think of awful jokes.

"AND, OR, and XOR went to a party, but AND and OR were turned away. Why?"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[freedwill.us]
[unTied Games]

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

It was an exclusive party?

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Schyfis
Member #9,752
May 2008

NiteHackr said:

It was an exclusive party?

Right on the money. Told you it was easy! (and awful!)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[freedwill.us]
[unTied Games]

Striker
Member #10,701
February 2009

An american programmer has heard, to be a real man he must drink a bottle of whiskey with one pull, rape a squaw and kill a grizzly.

So he drunk the whiskey in one pull and then went to the grizzly's cave and entered. After half an hour he came out and asked "And where ist the squaw i should kill?"...

:o

Luiji99
Member #12,254
September 2010

A little help with that one, bitte?

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

He raped the grizzly, who supposedly objected.

Striker
Member #10,701
February 2009

Thanks Arthur. You seem to be familiar with the subject. ;D

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I just got déjà vu. I think we had another bad programmer jokes thread a few years back. :-/ In any case, I fail to see how the "real man" one applies specifically to programmers. Over all, I'd say these jokes are pretty lame, but I can't do any better... :-/

Luiji99
Member #12,254
September 2010

Mr. Kalliokoski, I got that part. I just don't see the logic error that resulted in his actions.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

He simply misunderstood.

Hagar the Horrible: "Hey you guys! Plunder, then burn!"

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

The bit about it being a programmer makes it seem like that should somehow be relevant, and since it's not, the joke loses what little humour was their anyway.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

{"name":"302945_2576662691309_31312519_n.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/8\/f860707ff5d9854d1c55cb0d0bbd3ca5.jpg","w":402,"h":509,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/8\/f860707ff5d9854d1c55cb0d0bbd3ca5"}302945_2576662691309_31312519_n.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Luiji99
Member #12,254
September 2010

Yes, but I find it more annoying to not understand the joke at all.

Karadoc ~~
Member #2,749
September 2002

I reckon Werner was wrong about that. 'Impossible' is a strong word.

It's true that jokes tend to be far more amusing when they are understood without explanation - But "impossible ... to experience the amusement of a joke" overshoots the mark.

-----------

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Things are only impossible until they're not!

video

1   2   3   4 

Go to: