Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Revisions

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Revisions
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I just promoted a top-secret, previously moderator-only enhancement to the forums: revision logs. :o

On every post that has been edited, you will see a "revised on" link next to it. Clicking on it will reveal the entire revision history of the post. To respect privacy, it is only visible to authenticated users, and a no-index meta tag is present (although given that bots aren't authenticated, it doesn't really matter).

Unfortunately it is not yet compatible with images or code blocks.

Anybody abusing the revision log to hide text in an attempt to be cute will simply lose their editing privileges. Likewise, anybody abusing the revision log to reply to modified or deleted content will lose their ability to see revisions.

And in an unrelated note, Vimeo videos can be embedded now. :P

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

YESSS!!!! <pumps fist furiously up and down>

[EDIT]

test

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

OnlineCop
Member #7,919
October 2006

Good idea. Especially for the posts that look like:

Quote:

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out!

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

It's working well. We can even have a talk with yourself with the edit and see the result in the 'revised' part.

Screenshot:
{"name":"603819","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/3\/d3bec371081f934cbed2b80133f73419.png","w":1366,"h":768,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/3\/d3bec371081f934cbed2b80133f73419"}603819

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

What? I don't see anything. :-/

EDIT: Aaaaah, I see now. :)

--
sig used to be here

Timorg
Member #2,028
March 2002

[Edit] Cool :D

[Edit]
Hrm maybe that was just too silly.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
"c is much better than c++ if you don't need OOP simply because it's smaller and requires less load time." - alethiophile
OMG my sides are hurting from laughing so hard... :D

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

"This is for historical purposes only." ::)

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Just curious, but why this feature? ;D

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I added support for Vimeo because there is so much great content.

video

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Cool...I think...have to be a bit careful when posting drunk.

[edited]

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Vanneto said:

Just curious, but why this feature?

For "Historical purposes" of course... Only for historical purposes... Muhahahahaha...

{"name":"dr-evil.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/d\/2d630aa03fc97b0d079f4afe78394ecf.jpg","w":355,"h":397,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/d\/2d630aa03fc97b0d079f4afe78394ecf"}dr-evil.jpg

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Or the hysterical porpoises, you pick.

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

ah, now i get it

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

J-Gamer
Member #12,491
January 2011

Cool :)

" There are plenty of wonderful ideas in The Bible, but God isn't one of them." - Derezo
"If your body was a business, thought would be like micro-management and emotions would be like macro-management. If you primarily live your life with emotions, then you are prone to error on the details. If you over-think things all the time you tend to lose scope of priorities." - Mark Oates

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

I can't see it from here I think... trying to edit this post afterwards.

EDIT: Editing... Oh, I get it now, sorry for the spam, feel free to delete this, yadda yadda... ::)

EDIT2: Perhaps a screenshot can illustrate as the addition is not so obvious at first look? :) very well done, BTW!

EDIT3: Beaten. ;D

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I can't see it from here I think... trying to edit this post afterwards.

{"name":"KAYjp.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/2\/32661596a10c2568b5f88548cdebd67c.jpg","w":373,"h":63,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/2\/32661596a10c2568b5f88548cdebd67c"}KAYjp.jpg

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Very nice feature. :D

Does this have anything to do with my inability to edit a post in the religion thread? :-/

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

bamccaig said:

Does this have anything to do with my inability to edit a post in the religion thread? :-/

Yes.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Suppose you write something in a reply, then cancel it. If you then try to post later, there's a box asking if you want to resume where you left off before. Does that count as an "edit"?

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

A post is automatically closed for editing after certain criteria (yet to be finalized) are met.

Suppose you write something in a reply, then cancel it. If you then try to post later, there's a box asking if you want to resume where you left off before. Does that count as an "edit"?

No.

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Nice... Prepare to see a new language. It's going to be called: Enitsp. Mostly is going to be a mix of Italia English an Spanish... previously I had the ability to don't show this strange idiom, but certainly exist... It's related to ignorant people, though. I don't know why. But now you're going to learn Enisp!! Cheers!!...

Let's start!:

helo comuniti! i jope ve able tú edit hortografic errors!
;D

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

I fear my posts will not be up their usual standards any more. Through revisions people will see how I craft my beautiful witty prose from coarse language to elegant sufficiency.

So, it's first cut only from now on. Starting from this post.

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I edit my posts only 79 thousand times - always in an effort to make my point more clear and/or fix grammar. As long as I don't lose that, I'm good.

I bet if we ran a bot to find out who edits the most, it's me. ;)

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Yeah...

As long as you don't show the previews too I'm fine...

Because sometimes my post starts like this:

You fuck could serach in google and fuck the document you fuck, try better, I already told you fuck I hate you, you shouldn't be a programmer, fuck fuck fuck!!

And ends like this:

Hi...

Here is a link: bbb.blablabla.bla

1   2 

Go to: