Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » short-track

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
short-track
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

USA knocks out the speed skating team pursuit favorites Canada (women) and Netherlands (men)!

Canada LOSES in curling. No beer guzzling tonight! (Unless they drink during curling matches...)

~

Ohno avoids the Koreans' attempt to take him down with a spinning tackle, winning the semi-final 500m short-track race from the undesirable 4th position!

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

How about a bet on the Canada USA hockey game? If the US wins, Canada has to pronounce the words out, about, pronounce, house and Vancouver properly.

Canada LOSES in curling. No beer guzzling tonight! (Unless they drink during curling matches...)

Canada will be guzzling beer to drown thier sorrows. As for the medal count, when we liberate Canada from thier opressive regime like we liberated Iraq and Afghanistan, they can share ours.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

If we really wanted to "Own the podium" like the advertising claims, we should have been funding our athletes more regularly for the past couple decades.

It's like I said. ::)

Bob Keane said:

Canada will be guzzling beer to drown thier sorrows.

I'm out of beer, you insensitive jerks. :'( I've moved on to a bottle of tequila that I've had put away for a couple of months. It's actually not bad with orange juice (after 4 beer).[1]

References

1. I have a hard time drinking hard liquor after hitting a bottle of straight rum hard a few years back... :-X
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Ohno robbed by the Canadians! He made a clean pass and got disqualified. Lots of beer for the Canadians tonight!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

The Canadian ref that disqualified him is already on his fifth beer, and he still has to oversee a few more races tonight. :o

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

First in gold. Suck it. Third overall.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Canada is almost upset by Slovakia in hockey, but they somehow find a way to avoid the biggest upset in Olympic history! The Canadian players each had five beers after the second period, almost causing them to lose. :o

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

You wish ;)

I did watch the game though. I have to say that Slovakia is a rather scrappy team. They played rather well and managed to force some of the Canadian players to get a little aggressive. They started to make some stupid plays, like two Canadian players checking the same Slovakian player. Not brilliant leaving others wide open for passes and goals.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

USA Relay Team wins bronze thanks to China's slip-up and Ohno's amazing closing abilities. ;D

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Canada clinches most gold medals with wins in speedskating pursuit and snowboarding. Unfortunately, it looks like they will finish in third place overall, a great disappointment considering their billions of dollars spent in the "Own the Podium" program. Sales of alcohol are expected to increase across the nation. :-/

HUGE SHOCKER! USA beats Germany in the four man bobsled (first win since 1948) to claim its 9th gold medal and 36th overall. With a guaranteed medal in the hockey final, USA has clinched the MOST MEDALS IN A SINGLE WINTER OLYMPICS of any nation.

Germany has been dethroned as the winter champions by the GREATEST NATION IN THE WORLD, USA!!!

:o

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

a great disappointment considering their billions of dollars spent in the "Own the Podium" program.

And here I thought you were at least trying to not be a troll ::) You know that only $117,000,000 (cad) over 5 years was spent on the "Own The Podium" program right?

append: Another gold for canada! That makes 13 GOLD!

The US sure likes third place ;)

--

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

http://www.vancouver2010.com/

The official website lists USA as #1.

37 total medals after tomorrow!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

With 13 gold medals we tie the world record for Gold medals, and with a Gold in Mens Hockey, We'll break the all time world record of Gold medals in a single Olympics.

--

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

That's good. Maybe next time you won't be utter failures at the other 75 events. :o

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

That's good. Maybe next time you won't be utter failures at the other 75 events. :o

Next time you should do better than third in the 13 events you managed to get bronze in. Well at least you were able to get as many bronze as we have gold ;) You must really like third place.

--

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Oh, we will. I'm personally signing up for every event. 8-)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Oh, we will. I'm personally signing up for every event. 8-)

I can't wait! The Russians might have a faster bobsled track than Canada's ;)

--

mEmO
Member #1,124
March 2001

video

Congratulations on the curling gold medal. Kevin Martin really deserved it.

---------------------------------------------
There is only one God, and Connor is his son!
http://www.memocomputers.com
Happy birthday!

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Population north of the 49th parallel (the official cold line of the northern hemisphere):

• Russia: 130,000,000

• Germany: 60,000,000

• Canada: 33,000,000

• Norway: 4,700,000

• USA: 680,000

It's amazing we can even compete against those powerful winter countries, let alone get the most medals. :o

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

USA population living in places colder than vancouver: LOTS BIGGER THAN 30,000,000 :P

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

It's only the beer that makes it feel warm. :-/

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

It's only the beer that makes it feel warm. :-/

You'd think so :o but up here its been +10c for a couple weeks at least, if not months. This is SP^H^HCanada, its supposed to be cold in winter. While I hear people in the upper US states have been seeing insane cold winter storms. And here I am in Febuarary in weather thats like April here in Vancouver.

--

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

It wasn't until the Olympics that Michigan got winter storms... Almost forgot what snow was like.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It wasn't until the Olympics that Michigan got winter storms... Almost forgot what snow was like.

I doubt you can speak for Michigan's winter weather living towards the South side of it (assuming you do). ;) That said, just North of Michigan we barely have any snow left. There was one or two storms early in the season, but lately it's been pretty disappointing for a Canadian winter (which is nice because I've outgrown most winter games and hate cleaning of my car, let alone driving in whiteouts[1]).

References

1. Fuck you Winter 2008. That was a Canadian winter (if I'm remembering correctly).
 1   2   3   4 

Go to: