Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » So I went to the doctor...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
So I went to the doctor...
23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Derezo said:

That's more less what we're currently in ;D

Yes, I was kind of hoping you'd pick up on that. Now finish the paragraph.

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I edited it in ;)
There is no problem for her that she is aware of. The problem is that she's been hypnotized, but if you tell her she's been hypnotized and she is unaware of that, she will get angry. She will find you to be insane. "What!? Hypnotized!? You're smoking the pot!"

The goals of the hypnotist are her problem, but the hypnotist made her happy. Of course, the hypnotist isn't interested in her happiness. He just wants his money for his services. If he's a good hypnotist, he'll also own the money to begin with and work it into how he has her do things so that she really isn't getting anything at all and is fully supported by the hypnotist in all aspects, even outside of the hypnosis sessions.

But hey, at least she's happy.. until the hypnotist decides he doesn't need her anymore. Takes away her money and replaces her with a machine he had her build.

Sorry.. what were we talking about again? ;)

video

Can I turn your hypnotist story into a movie? ;D

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Derezo said:

The problem is that she's been hypnotized, but if you tell her she's been hypnotized and she is unaware of that, she will get angry. She will find you to be insane. "What!? Hypnotized!? You're smoking the pot!"

Assume she's aware.

Quote:

The goals of the hypnotist are her problem, but the hypnotist made her happy. Of course, the hypnotist isn't interested in her happiness.

Nah, I love doing "happy-place" age regression hypnosis, fun as hell and educational for them, no charge. It takes like 15 minutes and usually gets a very emotional reaction. I do it for the same reasons I make video games; to share a cool experience with someone. I have yet to have someone cry and hug me and tell me they'll never forget me over a video game I made, but it's probably just a matter of time. ;D Just because someone is speaking "hypnotically" doesn't instantly mean their motives are bad. If a person knows how to communicate effectively and doesn't on purpose, they aren't being good, they're just being stupid.

Now, hypnotizing the same person over and over is no fun, because I've gotten all the experience I can from them and they've become so conditioned that it's too easy. Now say they enjoy it so much they just want to stay in a blissful peaceful state, and they're willing to do my chores or something if every time they obey my suggestions they feel really good. Explain how this, in and of itself, is bad. Yes, advertisers and mass-media talk to us in subliminal ways, but that's how most communication is done anyway. And if you know anything about how the subconscious processes info, you know it ignores negatives, so trying to get people to not think like this is a losing battle. Teach people how to manage their lives properly (ie: make a positive change), and what the commercials say won't matter anymore.

Quote:

Can I turn your hypnotist story into a movie? ;D

Guy has a hypnotism interest that kicks up every few years, finally does something about it and gets some training and certification? Is this going to be one of those straight-to-video dealies? I'm not going to be played by Kirk Cameron, am I?

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Ron Novy
Member #6,982
March 2006

I have a solution to it all. I call it, "Fight Club." ;D

----
Oh... Bieber! I thought everyone was chanting Beaver... Now it doesn't make any sense at all. :-/

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I didn't know you were a hypnotist. I was turning it into a metaphor. ;)

Just because someone is speaking "hypnotically" doesn't instantly mean their motives are bad.

You're right, it doesn't. The opposite is also true. It doesn't instantly mean their motives are good either. There are groups from both sides. There are folks like David Allen, Stephen Covey and Anthony Robbins who seem genuine and are very good. However, there are folks like Barack Obama and Glenn Beck that I can't be so sure about their good intentions, yet they have a larger audience. The things they say are hypnotic, and you can easily tell from the chanting in Obama's campaigns. "Yes we can! Yes we can!" (creepy)
Yes we can... what?
Not to mention the FOX News rallies and insane Glenn Beck support.

I think hypnotism, when it's called hypnotism and the person being hypnotized is aware that it is hypnotism, is fantastic. It's something I was very interested in for a while. However, that interest turned dark when I realized it was everywhere and that people were falling for it, especially people very close to me.

Quote:

And if you know anything about how the subconscious processes info, you know it ignores negatives, so trying to get people to not think like this is a losing battle.

I don't find that is true, and I have people around me who are examples of this. When people say things like "I can't", which is a negative, it gets ingrained in their mind that they cannot do those things. "I can't go without my coffee. I can't stop smoking. I can't find a job.", etc. These things are hypnotic in a sense as well. If you repeat them as mantras, you continually make copies in your mind and, if it becomes severe enough, you will believe them to a point where you consider it useless to even try to do those things... because you cannot do them. If it's really bad, and someone tries to tell you otherwise, you may get upset and angry at them even though they're offering sound advice. They know that you really can find a job, even though you're claiming you cannot.

Quote:

Now say they enjoy it so much they just want to stay in a blissful peaceful state, and they're willing to do my chores or something if every time they obey my suggestions they feel really good. Explain how this, in and of itself, is bad. Yes, advertisers and mass-media talk to us in subliminal ways, but that's how most communication is done anyway.

As I mentioned, the scenario you explained is not bad. It is good, and that is proper usage of NLP, really. What I don't agree with is that mass-media talk is how communication is done. We don't have intro animations when we talk to each other, we don't have musical scores inducing the emotion of fear, and we don't speak to each other with the tones and wording used. It's designed as one big advertisement, and a fair portion of what they're selling is lies, fear, and greed. I'm not saying that every single person who watches it is affected by it at the highest level, but I am saying that it is ridiculous that we allow this to continue. Other than the guy selling it, who really wants it? It's just a bunch of hypnotic garbage, but we're not told it's hypnotic ahead of time of course.

Quote:

Teach people how to manage their lives properly (ie: make a positive change), and what the commercials say won't matter anymore.

True. A lot of what I'm saying is "big picture" stuff and not personal. I do believe the if we all were trained to make positive change everything that I'm talking about would eventually just go away because it would be ineffective... but I don't think that it's going to be easy with all the shit out there trying to pull people in the opposite direction.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Chirst! How do you type so FAST! >:(

Quote:

"Yes we can! Yes we can!" Yes we can... what?

This chant reflected the idea "Yes we can actually do something about the system that controls us instead of feeling powerless".

Ironic. It's a cycle mang.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Derezo said:

I didn't know you were a hypnotist.

Tsk. Someone's not reading my Facebook updates. :)

Quote:

You're right, it doesn't. The opposite is also true.

Neither is true, honestly. It's like saying "Someone who reads isn't bad. Sometimes, the opposite is true." It's a non-point. You might as well just say "Some people are bad", but don't expect awards for your insight.

Quote:

I don't find that is true, and I have people around me who are examples of this. When people say things like "I can't", which is a negative, it gets ingrained in their mind that they cannot do those things. "I can't go without my coffee. I can't stop smoking. I can't find a job.", etc. These things are hypnotic in a sense as well. If you repeat them as mantras, you continually make copies in your mind and, if it becomes severe enough, you will believe them to a point where you consider it useless to even try to do those things... because you cannot do them. If someone tries to tell you otherwise, you may get upset and angry at them, even though they're offering sound advice.

Dwelling on it constantly makes it conscious too, and you can't tell me there aren't positive suggestions mixed in ("I need my coffee", "I need my cigarette", etc). This is why people use reverse psychology, or advise that you don't speak in negatives to children (ever tell a kid "Don't touch that!", only to have them touch it two seconds later and then tell you "I dunno ..." when you ask why they did it?)

Quote:

What I don't agree with is that mass-media talk is how communication is done.

Even when talking to someone face to face, a good 80% of your communication is subconscious. Don't hate the media guys just because they know how to do their jobs. What they're saying might be bad, taken on a case-by-case basis. How they're saying it ... well, if they didn't sell their message they way they do, they wouldn't be doing their jobs.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I started using computers when I was very young? :)

This chant reflected the idea "Yes we can actually do something

Yes, but 'something' wasn't defined in the chant. Do something.. but what? Wouldn't it be wiser to include the action in your mantra?

Something like "We can win! We can win!" would make more sense, or "No taxation without representation! No taxation without representation!" ;)

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Derezo said:

Wouldn't it be wiser to include the action in your mantra?

There was a list of things! It filled up a whole speech!

Anyway. Here's a real pepsi logo:
{"name":"dlb-pepsibloat.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/e\/ee7cd81803ba0a13bdd62540bb531f17.jpg","w":550,"h":388,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/e\/ee7cd81803ba0a13bdd62540bb531f17"}dlb-pepsibloat.jpg

[edit]
"I have a dream..."
"That's a dumb thing to say! What was your dream!? Goh! That's senseless mind control!" ;D

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

That is awesome. ;D

Tsk. Someone's not reading my Facebook updates. :)

Heh, sorry, I've been a bit overwhelmed by facebook lately. Not sure how to tell it to just.. "BLOCK ALL APPLICATIONS". I go on and everyone's giving tokens and killing vampires and saving superheroes and giving away virtual prizes and.. ugh. Who has time for all of that!? :o
..but I guess who has time to type all of this? ;)

Quote:

Neither is true, honestly.

I think people do use hypnosis for good, and for bad, which is what I was saying. It seemed like you were defending it saying that it is good, and I don't disagree with that, I'm just saying it can also be bad. It is a non-point really, it is just obvious that there are good and bad sides to all things and the things involved are more less irrelevant. There are good officials and bad officials, but an official is not good nor bad, just like hypnosis is not good or bad. Without definition, hypnosis just 'is', just like officials just are.. but I propose that mass-media hypnosis is bad. :P

Quote:

Don't hate the media guys just because they know how to do their jobs.

I don't hate the media guys just because they know how to do their jobs. I hate the media guys because they do their jobs, and their jobs are bad and I disagree with what they stand for. The terror, greed and fear they're selling is unhealthy mind cancer from my perspective, with little positive benefit for those who view it.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Derezo said:

I hate the media guys because they do their jobs, and their jobs are bad. The terror, greed and fear they're selling is unhealthy mind cancer.

It's profitable, and that's as much the fault of the buyers as the sellers. if they didn't do it, they'd go out of business, honestly. Remember the quote about the universe and human stupidity? If you got in a tizzy over everything stupid people fell for, you'd never get out of bed in the morning. :P

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

If you got in a tizzy over everything stupid people fell for, you'd never get out of bed in the morning. :P

Indeed. That is probably where my problem lies.

Time to do space mushrooms! ;)

I swear though, sometimes I feel like a strange force is moving me around by popping into my reality in specific ways. It's as if I am consciously experiencing the shaping of reality at times, but that is about as far out pot head sounding as you can get... I assure you I am sober ;) It's incredibly difficult to describe, but I attribute it in part to being away from media for so long. Things began to happen in very peculiar ways, a huge number of "coincidences" come and go. It has gone so far as to turn my thoughts into realities as if I am thinking up the future. It sounds crazy as it comes, but it's really happening and kinda creeping me out now that I'm not on drugs anymore.....

Ron Novy
Member #6,982
March 2006

Oh come on lets just do the fight club idea... We'll bring world peace through underground fights and blowing up credit buildings... I'll call Brad ;)

Ring ring...
"Hello."
"Hey Brad, It's me.  We're going live and making it real."
"What?  Who the fuck is this?"
"Come on Brad it's me."
"Is this the asshole that knocked me off my motorcycle?  I'm going kick your ass!"
"Uh... Uh....."
"I am going to..." Click

Ok... I think we're on our own... We'll have to do it without Brad. :-/

Who's in? :P

----
Oh... Bieber! I thought everyone was chanting Beaver... Now it doesn't make any sense at all. :-/

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I guess I've already said enough to make the web spiders suspicious, so what the hell.

LETS BLOW UP CREDIT BUILDINGS!

;)

Ron Novy
Member #6,982
March 2006

Hey wait... I'm getting a call... It's Brad :D

"Hey Brad what's up?"
"You dumb ass mother fucker! Yeah I know who you are now! You wrecked my bike and
 now I'm coming down there to kick your fucking ass.  I'm going..."
"Yeah!  Yes!"
"... beat your fucking brains in! Do you"
"Alright... I'll let everyone know."
"... hear me? Do you hear me!?!?  I'm gonna fuck you up..."
"Yes! Awesome! Be there at 8pm ok..." Click

Ok... I think Brad is in too... ;D

----

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Derezo said:

You think it is Tuesday, December 22nd, 2009. In reality, Tuesday doesn't exist. December doesn't exist.

Pot does that to you? That's really freightening! Quit pot totally and get away from that existentialist bullshit. What on Earth would Tuesday have to be to exist to you, more than it is already now? Is an apple on your table the only level of existence that you can accept? Or do you even doubt that?

<edit />

search_and_replace(this, "accept", "understand");

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

...or advise that you don't speak in negatives to children (ever tell a kid "Don't touch that!", only to have them touch it two seconds later and then tell you "I dunno ..." when you ask why they did it?)

I can't seem to think of a way to say that positively. :-/ Anyone?

Derezo said:

Heh, sorry, I've been a bit overwhelmed by facebook lately. Not sure how to tell it to just.. "BLOCK ALL APPLICATIONS". I go on and everyone's giving tokens and killing vampires and saving superheroes and giving away virtual prizes and.. ugh. Who has time for all of that!? :o
..but I guess who has time to type all of this? ;)

So you have a problem with popular media, etc., but you don't have a problem with Facebook? Now I know you're a fraud. Facebook is the biggest spam engine on the planet right now. Almost everyone trusts it and have no idea just how accessible their information is. Facebook applications routinely SPEAK FOR USERS. <so-and-so> sent you X! Respond back with a Y! Meanwhile, <so-and-so> only "installed" some application that took it upon itself to spam every friend <so-and-so> has in <so-and-so>'s name. I think I've installed one third party Facebook application when I first started using it. I immediately identified how STUPID they were and never again installed one. I also quickly identified that it wasn't friends sending me things at all, but third party applications claiming to be acting on the behalf of friends when in reality they aren't.

Ron Novy said:

Ok... I think Brad is in too... ;D

I'm not sure what that was all about, but I liked it. Well done. :D

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Humans were created by nature... By a natural process. So by being a product of nature they are natural. All products of humans are also natural.

So, Tuesday and December are natural, because they were created by a being that was created by nature and is natural.

Hah. ;D

In capitalist America bank robs you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

bamccaig said:

So you have a problem with popular media, etc., but you don't have a problem with Facebook?

Huh? Didn't I say I had a problem with facebook? :-/
I even said I couldn't find the "BLOCK ALL APPLICATIONS" button, but you quoted that and responded about applications speaking for you. Why do you think I want to block them? Ahhh!

Pot does that to you? That's really freightening! Quit pot totally and get away from that existentialist bullshit. What on Earth would Tuesday have to be to exist to you, more than it is already now? Is an apple on your table the only level of existence that you can accept? Or do you even doubt that?

You apparently totally misunderstand the difference between reality and fiction. Fiction is just thought up and written down, reality exists. An apple is in reality, a Tuesday is fictional, even if it is fiction that almost all humans are aware of. If an alien came down to Earth and wiped out all of civilization, all of the technologies and calendars and fictional things, then Tuesday's gone. Gone, gone, gone... never to be heard of again. The apple still exists.

The only reality of time is the position of the entity telling the time relative to it's surroundings -- the Earth, Sun, Moon and Stars.

And that's right, I said almost all humans are aware of Tuesday. Many groups do not have the same 7 days. I'm not being existential, because Tuesday really doesn't exist for some people. It's just an idea... but thanks for playing the Pot card again just because you don't get it. ;D

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

So, I read your post where you went on jammering about time... What is your point? What does 2009 mean? It means 2009 years passed since Jesus kicked the bucket on the cross. Why do we need this? Ummm... Let me guess... So we can tell when certain events and things happened and are going to happen?

So I know when I scheduled to meet with the hooker? You said it yourself, most humans know its a man-made thing. So I ask you... Why was there a need to point this out?

Derezo said:

I'm not being existential, because Tuesday really doesn't exist for some people. It's just an idea.

So, if I ask such a person what day it is... How will they respond? They can think its just an idea and it doesn't exist (which most people realize), but they follow this idea like everyone else.

If they dont, how do they schedule coffee with friends?

Oh... Right, they don't have any friends do they?

In capitalist America bank robs you.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

bamccaig said:

I don't think that's quite the same. Also, it still sounds negative to me. :P

The expression can be negative as long as individual words aren't negations. It's why when you tell someone "Don't think about itching" over and over, they start itching. :) Conscious mind accepts it, because it seems smart. Subconscious discards the "don't", assumes everything else is okay since the conscious approved it, and away they scratch. :)

Vanneto said:

It means 2009 years passed since Jesus kicked the bucket on the cross.

Pretty sure we started counting from his birth, not his death. Just saying ...

Quote:

So, if I ask such a person what day it is ...

Didn't you hear? Every year is one day, and every day is Birthday. It just passed legislation, though I understand it's being appealed by Pradeepto and the Mad Hatter ...

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

And yet Herod died in 4 B.C.? hmmmm. Those superstitious twits couldn't count any better than they could come up with reasonable beliefs.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Vanneto said:

What is your point? What does 2009 mean? It means 2009 years passed since Jesus kicked the bucket on the cross. Why do we need this? Ummm... Let me guess... So we can tell when certain events and things happened and are going to happen?

Like I said in my last post, 2009 is a fictional representation of time. 2009 doesn't truly exist as time, it is only an aspect of the Gregorian calendar (and related calendars) which dates it as such. The point is that it was designed, and I think it was designed to serve a purpose further than simply telling when certain events and things happened. It was designed from a fictional idea and became a very contagious one indeed.
We don't need this at all. We can come up with any fiction we choose. However, I would like to use something that instead makes sense, such as the Moon and the stars to tell time. You can figure out what the moon/star time is from the Gregorian calendar, but the terms, order and numbering systems used in the Gregorian calendar are what most people are familiar with. They are not familiar with the real earth/star/moon time, but with the (mostly) nonrepresentational fiction instead.

I'm only spreading awareness of this idea and looking for criticism. I'm getting lots of the same bad criticism that has nothing to do with the idea itself, which is sort of good -- it proves nothing. I'm not suggesting we all switch to some other calendar tomorrow. I think the idea will become more popular in the near future, though.

Under a new calendar we would still say that Jesus was born 2004 years ago, but we would would not say that it is 2004.

Go to: