Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Problems building 3.4 SVN with mingw

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Problems building 3.4 SVN with mingw
Timorg
Member #2,028
March 2002

I am trying to get allegro 4.3 SVN to build, so that I can try and make a patch to fix a possible bug http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/591107. I have sed ('GNU sed version 3.02') and sort ('sort (GNU textutils) 2.0') from http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ installed

I installed mingw using the following packages

binutils-2.15.91-20040904-1.tar.gz
gcc-core-3.4.2-20040916-1.tar.gz
gcc-g++-3.4.2-20040916-1.tar.gz
mingw-runtime-3.9.tar.gz
mingw-utils-0.3.tar.gz
w32api-3.5.tar.gz
dx70_mgw.zip

I used SVN to get the newest WiP and did the following

fix mingw
make depend
misc\fixdll.bat
make

It gets all the way up to the dlltool part, then it goes bad.

My errors are:

dlltool: Syntax error in def file lib/mingw32/allegro.def:2
gcc -DALLEGRO_LIB_BUILD -Wall -Wno-unused -mtune=i586 -O2 -funroll-loops ffast
math -fomit-frame-pointer -I. -I./include -o obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o -c tes
ts/win/dibgrab.c
gcc -s -Wl,--subsystem,windows -o tests/win/dibgrab.exe obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgr
ab.o lib/mingw32/liballeg.a -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lole32 -ldin
put -lddraw -ldxguid -lwinmm -ldsound
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x194):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `save
_bitmap'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x1ec):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `_imp
__default_palette'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x1f5):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `set_
palette_to_hdc'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x276):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `blit
_from_hdc'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x2b7):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `stre
tch_blit_to_hdc'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x36d):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `_ins
tall_allegro_version_check'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x37d):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `set_
gdi_color_format'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x389):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `crea
te_bitmap_ex'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x3dc):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `dest
roy_bitmap'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [tests/win/dibgrab.exe] Error 1

I have attached my lib/mingw32/allegro.def file just in case it will be useful.

I can't find anything recent that explains how to solve the problem, and it seems everyone who has had this problem was with much earlier versions of allegro.

I'm not sure what to try next

____________________________________________________________________________________________
"c is much better than c++ if you don't need OOP simply because it's smaller and requires less load time." - alethiophile
OMG my sides are hurting from laughing so hard... :D

Peter Wang
Member #23
April 2000

Hi, I made 4.3.1 just today. However, it will probably be easier for you just to make a patch against the 4.2 branch.

Timorg
Member #2,028
March 2002

I have created a patch that will work with both with 4.2 and 4.3 and its in this post http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/591107/667363#target :)

Edit:

I tried compiling 4.2 SVN in the same way, and got exactly the same errors. Still not sure of the problem. :(

gcc -DALLEGRO_LIB_BUILD -Wall -Wno-unused -mtune=i586 -O2 -funroll-loops -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -I. -I./include -o obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o -c tests/win/dibgrab.c
gcc -s -Wl,--subsystem,windows -o tests/win/dibgrab.exe obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o lib/mingw32/liballeg.a -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lole32 -ldinput -lddraw -ldxguid -lwinmm -ldsound
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x194):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `save_bitmap'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x1ec):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `_imp__default_palette'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x1f5):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `set_palette_to_hdc'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x276):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `blit_from_hdc'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x2b7):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `stretch_blit_to_hdc'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x36d):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `_install_allegro_version_check'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x37d):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `set_gdi_color_format'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x389):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `create_bitmap_ex'
obj/mingw32/alleg/dibgrab.o(.text+0x3dc):dibgrab.c: undefined reference to `destroy_bitmap'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [tests/win/dibgrab.exe] Error 1

____________________________________________________________________________________________
"c is much better than c++ if you don't need OOP simply because it's smaller and requires less load time." - alethiophile
OMG my sides are hurting from laughing so hard... :D

Go to: