Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Follow-up: Frustration

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Follow-up: Frustration
Anonymous
Member #3,724
July 2003

Quote:

I closed the previous thread because it is not polite to post something, receive feedback, and then change the original post knowing replies have already been posted.

It's not polite to not read more then 5% of the thread's text either, like 100% of the repliers did. Furthermore, I couldn't have done that if this forum didn't let you edit posts, which is a totally insane feature.

Quote:

Without the original topic, the discussion is pointless, and new posters may get confused.

Good. What's the point in keeping a thread when nobody reads it or even tries to understand it before posting their crap? I didn't expect a freakin' "solution". This is a forum. Where you discuss stuff. I am sure that some people here are in the same (or at least similar) situation and could tell their story. Then again, maybe they are too wimpy for that.

A forum for a game library shouldn't contain too many MTV kids with anime avatars. At least that was what I thought.

imaxcs
Member #4,036
November 2003

Quote:

It's not polite to not read more then 5% of the thread's text either, like 100% of the repliers did.

I read the whole thread. One of your sentences was:

Quote:

WTF am I supposed to do?

Sounds like a question to me. Possibly one where you wanted answers to.

Quote:

Furthermore, I couldn't have done that if this forum didn't let you edit posts, which is a totally insane feature.

And still you use it? I don't get it...

Quote:

I am sure that some people here are in the same (or at least similar) situation and could tell their story.

Is that what you wanted in the first place? Why didn't you simply ask for that?

Quote:

Then again, maybe they are too wimpy for that.

For the sake of whatever, please refrain from verbally attacking people here.

Quote:

A forum for a game library shouldn't contain too many MTV kids with anime avatars. At least that was what I thought.

I am pretty sure that should have been an insult too, so the above also fits here.

edit: and yes, I know I have just fed the troll, but I was afraid it would starve...;)

edit2: OMG, I edited......:o.....evil.....

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Quote:

It's not polite to not read more then 5% of the thread's text either, like 100% of the repliers did.

You assume wrong. I, for one, read all your post.

Quote:

Furthermore, I couldn't have done that if this forum didn't let you edit posts, which is a totally insane feature.

I have been around for a couple of years, and people barely complain about being able to edit a post. From time to time they complain about not being able to post if they have been the last one to post, but being able to bump a thread and edition is enough and far better than being able to write three consecutive posts.

You ended your original post with *waits for the expected reactions*. I believe the expected reactions appeared. Some people tried to give you advice, some others posted their own experiences, yet others had fun. Choose a random off-topic thread with more than a couple of replies and you will notice the same behaviour.

Quote:

Posting your pic instead of an anime avatar doesn't make you more mature. Derezo has a Homer avatar, and you will hardly find someone knowing hardware better in this community. 23 has his Optimus Prime avatar and he is one of the best STL helpers. X-G has a hand drawn avatar, and (although sometimes I wonder how many punches in the face he gets per day at school) is one of the most knowledgeable members.

I am not sure if this is the first forum you ever join. If it wasn't, you should have already learned there are different kind of people in there, and not everyone will react the same way you do. This site allows custom javascript. Or you could use Mozilla's GreaseMonkey or Opera's UserScript to hide posts of those you don't like listening to. But be warned, if you don't change, you will only see your posts in the threads.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Quote:

It's not polite to not read more then 5% of the thread's text either, like 100% of the repliers did. Furthermore, I couldn't have done that if this forum didn't let you edit posts, which is a totally insane feature.

That's a logic error I don't know the name of. "It's you're fault because you didn't make it hard for me to do wrong."

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

I read 100% of your post, which was the main reason for not responding to it. It was phrased in a way that clearly showed that you will dismiss any answers you get.

I recommend that you change your attitude, or leave - for yours and ours sake.

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

Soga
Member #4,589
May 2004

Kimmo Alm said:

I believe it's also not polite to turn down people's advice in a negative manner when you come to them for advice in the first place. You said you get fired from McDonald's for being rude to people and spitting in their food. If you took up more of a positive attitude around people in general, you wouldn't be getting the sack of crap in life. Your life is very strongly influenced by the people around you, especially those who have the power to improve your standard of life. If you don't treat those people with necessary respect, they wouldn't have any reason to respect you. The only thing you are doing here is giving people less reason to help you out. Frankly, I'm quite surprised you even came for help in the first place if you were "expecting" those reactions.

Kimmo Alm said:

Good. What's the point in keeping a thread when nobody reads it or even tries to understand it before posting their crap? I didn't expect a freakin' "solution". This is a forum. Where you discuss stuff. I am sure that some people here are in the same (or at least similar) situation and could tell their story. Then again, maybe they are too wimpy for that.

Dwelling on it won't make it go away. This community doesn't need an emo corner, much less the world. Why did you post your problems here? If you were expecting something of an emofest, may I suggest googling "Emo Forums"?

I'd rather have people help me figure out a way to end my suffering than to increase it by sharing pains.

Nobody here is too wimpy, they just strive to be happy. Nothing wrong with being happy. You need to change your worldview.

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Granted my post in the other thread was probably the most harsh, but at that point it was obvious you were spurning genuine attempts to help/advise so I chose a more severe tactic of questioning your base assumptions. Obviously it didn't work.

I do take issue with your claiming 'no one read your posts'. We all read it. Playing the victim in life is never a good solution. Your behavior is very questionable. Like others said if your looking for sympathy, go elsewhere.

edit; oh and what major forum software DOESN"T allow you to edit posts? None that I've seen.

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

I also read your entire post, when I gave you my sincere advise you practically told me that I was retarded.

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Hehehehe this is funny. 8-)

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Totally. 8-)

NyanKoneko
Member #5,617
March 2005

I can only think of one person with an anime avatar, and he speaks Japanese and stuff, so it's appropriate. ???

What exactly is an MTV avatar?

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

Is it just me, or does this guy hate everything?

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

NyanKoneko
Member #5,617
March 2005

Nah, he doesn't hate everything. I've seen this before. He just hates us since we are mean and he a vulnerable guy to pick on. It's fun to pick on him because he gets mad so easily. ;D

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

Oh... well that isn't very nice! Hey, how bout from now on, we all pick on me?

NyanKoneko
Member #5,617
March 2005

Jonny, you're cool! It's only fun picking on losers.

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

;D Someone thinks I'm cool! Hooray!
But still... I'm against picking even more so if it's on a so-called "loser" (which I don't think he is). Shouldn't we give him love and support to help him through his hard times?
[edit]
(I have a feeling no one will agree with me on this...)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

NyanKoneko, I must say, You rule.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

I love you all, Group Hug! :-*

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

And you guys think I'm depressed and messed up, this guy takes the cake 8-). We all read your thread, did you read your own thread? You asked for advice/answers/reactions, we gave them. Just because YOU don't like REAL advice does not mean we're narrow minded rednecks who don't know any better.

Many of us have gone through the same "problems" and then some, but we grew up and learned. You should try doing that.

Jonny Cook
Member #4,055
November 2003

Oh, and I've been meaning to ask: where'd redneck come from? Most people here don't even live in the US! (I'm assuming that's what the term is targeted at.)

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

Posting your pic instead of an anime avatar doesn't make you more mature.

That's your picture you're displaying isn't it? ???

Quote:

Awwww!

Crap!

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

As SSC said, some of us are older and have gone through the same problems you have. For instance, I'd REALLY like to work on Shareware games full time, but I need to work full-time and do games in my spare time in order to survive. But that doesn't mean I'm neccessarily happy about it! :P

HoHo
Member #4,534
April 2004

Quote:

Is it just me, or does this guy hate everything?

For me it seems he thinks he is the only one who is always right, no matter what everyone else say.

Quote:

Crap!

You can say that again

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Quote:

That's your picture you're displaying isn't it? ???

Posting your pic instead of an anime avatar doesn't make you less mature, either. But when you're the witch-king, it does serve for threat value!

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Go to: