Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Follow-up: Frustration

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Follow-up: Frustration
CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Quote:

what a pleasure to have two of them

Not really. I fond it was jsut too much work with different resolutions, too ugly with non-like monitors, and just too much space with two sufficiently large monitors (you can be reading something on one side of the desk and completely miss something on the other). SO one big monitor at 1600x1200 is enough for me. The 1920x1200 is nice, but still pretty big.

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

I have one option how to do that - connect my laptop to TV but there I cannot read anything. But I'd like to have two identical LCD pannels on my desk (I would need space for them) on one I could have Dev-Cpp and on the other for example Firefox. I don't like switching between apps. And even if I would have high resolution I hate running apps in windowed mode, I like fullscreen.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

NyanKoneko
Member #5,617
March 2005

I was just thinking that I really love sushi. It's probably my favorite food.

Just out of curiosity, what is everyone's favorite food?

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Tacos! ;D

-R

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Tacos is defenitely on the top ten! Listed in semi-random order:

• Chineese food.

• Tacos.

• Pizza.

• Kebab.

• Meatballs with "brunsÃ¥s" (I don't know the English name) and potatoes.

• Steak.

• <insert more from memory here>

Pravit
Member #5,648
March 2005

Jorram, are tacos different in Mexico? I live pretty close to the border(New Mexico) but even here the Mexican restaurants are said to be not very authentic.

My favorite food would probably be potstickers(they're like gyoza dumplings).

Quote:

Chineese food.

How is Chinese food in Sweden? I ate at a Chinese restaurant in Berlin and they seemed to offer the same Americanized/Westernized fare as restaurants in the US.

NyanKoneko
Member #5,617
March 2005

Authentic tacos are open faced and taste 10x better, and you can ask for different meats, including tongue and brain. Tongue is the best.

Pravit
Member #5,648
March 2005

Wait a minute, aren't US tacos basically open-faced tacos that are folded up?

There is a place in town that sells fish tacos. I have yet to try them!

NyanKoneko
Member #5,617
March 2005

American tacos tend to have oversized hard or soft shells, and they add lettuce and cheese inside the taco for some reason. They don't use taco sauce, and they only offer ground up beef (sometimes chicken) for the meat.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

So.. what happened?
Did he finally get banned? ;)

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

He's probably lying catotonic in front of his monitor after viewing this off topic abomination of a thread repeating 'the horror, the horror' while drewl runs down his cheek onto the floor.

That's just a guess ;D

I LOVE cheeseburgers and Nachos! (ie I mean nachos as a meal, not with cheeseburgers)

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Quote:

How is Chinese food in Sweden? I ate at a Chinese restaurant in Berlin and they seemed to offer the same Americanized/Westernized fare as restaurants in the US.

Probably, I still like it very much. :) I like the Swedish version of Pizza as well, hardly authentic though.

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

Crap!
You can say that again

Oh, you got less score than me... :-/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ;D

[append]
I like Pizza with the barbeque kind-of-sauce.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

SO one big monitor at 1600x1200 is enough for me. The 1920x1200 is nice, but still pretty big.

I found myself really missing my odd dual display setup when using Eagle to design a little QFN30 to DIL600 adapter board.. Having Docs up on one side and the program on another helps alot for developing just about anything.

As for my favorite foods? I love Teriyaki, Sukiyaki, just about anything thats a stirfry..

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

nonnus29 said:

[..]repeating 'the horror, the horror' while drewl runs down his cheek onto the floor.

And in the background, a helicopter is heard with a voice coming from some loudspeaker, babbling that it wants its' surfboard back.

food:
*Tuna pizza with two eggs on top of it with extra cheese and fresh onion slices.
*Meat loaf with cooked potatoes, peas and those orange roots.
*Goulash.
*Pancakes.
*stuffed cabbage
*root mush with hamburgers(just the meat, not the McD sense of the word)

Mars
Member #971
February 2001

This thread is becoming a new classic!

And you can't beat proper pasta.

--
This posting is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Basically, a taco is a tortilla with meat and sauce. The best tacos are 'al pastor' (shepperd?), with some pinneaple, cilantro and onion. You can add some guacamole or hot souce, and they're delicious!

http://www.melsmex.com/Pictures/carne_6.jpg

{"name":"img_2107.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/2\/d2403ee850dfb64b49e19d212ca02279.jpg","w":600,"h":450,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/2\/d2403ee850dfb64b49e19d212ca02279"}img_2107.jpg

Pasta is good too, and every once in a while I have chinese or japanese food.

-R

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Most favourite on top

• Pork meat, dumplings, cabbage and beer

• Pizza

• Spaghetti

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Nutella!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8e/Tartine_et_pot_de_Nutella_wbg.png/200px-Tartine_et_pot_de_Nutella_wbg.png

--
sig used to be here

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Nuttela is supersweet, superexpensive, awfull thing (IMO)

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Nutella is great for breakfast. White bread, lots and lots of butter and a very thick layer of nutella over that. Yum Yum.

Zaphos
Member #1,468
August 2001

Miran (from the nutella thread) said:

Chocolate is good by definition.

So true. :D

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

If everyone's posting food. You can't beat this.

hammonds.chop.brown.jpg

And don't even mention daddies or hp in the same breath Phipps, you know I'm right ;)

Neil.

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

khristina yer
Member #5,795
May 2005

I like tocas too. But I like subway sand witches best.

Go to: