Close Range [The Onion]
Mark Oates

New game Close Range is sweeping the nation!

http://www.closerangegame.com/

TestSubject

I tried the game when I first watched and it didn't work. I heard the sound and felt happy that I was shooting people in the face. Time to go on a killing spree.

MiquelFire

Thanks for reminding me to play this. I couldn't play it at home. (lack of ram or a fast enough CPU, maybe both)

Kotlet

This is the ultimate game. Now my role as a game designer is pointless...

TestSubject

Redesign this so the screen doesn't go red during the action segments. I need to fuel my psychopathic bloodlust.

Ron Novy

Oh crap I knew that chick... I recognize her blue eyes... One blew this way and one blew that way...

Horrible game, funny story.

Kotlet

Redesign this so the screen doesn't go red during the action segments. I need to fuel my psychopathic bloodlust.

Yeah, that's the idea! I'll add some mutant enemies or something and we have a perfect spin-off! I'll easily make millions! Muahaha

TestSubject

Make it so you can rape them at the same time to grab everyone's interest.

LennyLen

So I guess the game actually does play? I tried twice, but both times it froze during the loading stage.

Ron Novy

It's crap... You'd have to have an IQ below 60 to enjoy that shit...

TestSubject

Are you being sarcastic or ignorant? It isn't supposed to be entertaining as a game. It's the Onion.

Karadoc ~~
Ron Novy said:

It's crap... You'd have to have an IQ below 60 to enjoy that shit...

You need to accept that different people like different things. Just because someone likes something that you don't like doesn't mean they are stupid. :P

Mark Oates

Karadoc++ ;)

someone972

Did anyone else notice that there is an atari logo on the shirt of AJ in the first picture of him (in the video)?

OICW

I got lots of laugh when watching those conversation intermezzos.

CursedTyrant

It ate over 500MBs of RAM and froze during the "intro". Enough said.

MiquelFire

It may have been close to 1GB, how much of that was just waste from Firefox, I don't know, but with only 1GB of RAM, my home system just didn't like it one bit!

LennyLen

It may have been close to 1GB, how much of that was just waste from Firefox, I don't know, but with only 1GB of RAM, my home system just didn't like it one bit!

Ah, that would explain the problem I had. The computer I tried it on only has 512Mb RAM, and hardly anything free on the HD for swap space.

kazzmir

My computer only has 640k of ram, I figured that was enough to run today's applications!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Just kidding, I have 4 gigs.

Albin Engström

Not funny.. I thought it was an actuall game and now I'm dissapointed. :'(

Mark Oates

I'm dumb!

edit: awe dangit!! the tags between the letters trick doesn't work anymore. nooooooooo!!!

BAF

I have 8 gigs. Beat that.

amber

<math>lol</math>

;D

Arthur Kalliokoski

I'm dumb too!

{"name":"598277","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/4\/f48469d7bbe8af012feae6be32ce454e.jpg","w":375,"h":482,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/4\/f48469d7bbe8af012feae6be32ce454e"}598277

Seppl

what a poor game...
or is there a joke to get?

Thomas Harte
BAF said:

I have 8 gigs. Beat that.

With 8 gigs, you could fit everything I currently have in RAM 14.1 times over. But all I have open is this web browser, my email program, an MP3 player, the calculator and the Activity Monitor, so that's hardly surprising.

Matthew Leverton

BAF needs 8GB of RAM just to keep his 10 million Firefox tabs open. I'm not sure how he handles his 20 million notepad windows on top of that. :-/

BAF

I haven't used Firefox in weeks. Chrome is much more efficient. 8-)

Though to be fair, I only have 8 tabs open at the moment.

Paul whoknows

The playability of this game seems to be very limited.

Onewing

The playability of this game seems to be very limited.

Limited to awesomeness. 8-)

Thread #599875. Printed from Allegro.cc