Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Game Design & Concepts » Close Range [The Onion]

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Close Range [The Onion]
Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

New game Close Range is sweeping the nation!

http://www.closerangegame.com/

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

TestSubject
Member #8,989
August 2007

I tried the game when I first watched and it didn't work. I heard the sound and felt happy that I was shooting people in the face. Time to go on a killing spree.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Thanks for reminding me to play this. I couldn't play it at home. (lack of ram or a fast enough CPU, maybe both)

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Kotlet
Member #10,714
February 2009

This is the ultimate game. Now my role as a game designer is pointless...

TestSubject
Member #8,989
August 2007

Redesign this so the screen doesn't go red during the action segments. I need to fuel my psychopathic bloodlust.

Ron Novy
Member #6,982
March 2006

Oh crap I knew that chick... I recognize her blue eyes... One blew this way and one blew that way...

Horrible game, funny story.

----
Oh... Bieber! I thought everyone was chanting Beaver... Now it doesn't make any sense at all. :-/

Kotlet
Member #10,714
February 2009

Redesign this so the screen doesn't go red during the action segments. I need to fuel my psychopathic bloodlust.

Yeah, that's the idea! I'll add some mutant enemies or something and we have a perfect spin-off! I'll easily make millions! Muahaha

TestSubject
Member #8,989
August 2007

Make it so you can rape them at the same time to grab everyone's interest.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

So I guess the game actually does play? I tried twice, but both times it froze during the loading stage.

Ron Novy
Member #6,982
March 2006

It's crap... You'd have to have an IQ below 60 to enjoy that shit...

----
Oh... Bieber! I thought everyone was chanting Beaver... Now it doesn't make any sense at all. :-/

TestSubject
Member #8,989
August 2007

Are you being sarcastic or ignorant? It isn't supposed to be entertaining as a game. It's the Onion.

Karadoc ~~
Member #2,749
September 2002

Ron Novy said:

It's crap... You'd have to have an IQ below 60 to enjoy that shit...

You need to accept that different people like different things. Just because someone likes something that you don't like doesn't mean they are stupid. :P

-----------

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Karadoc++ ;)

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

someone972
Member #7,719
August 2006

Did anyone else notice that there is an atari logo on the shirt of AJ in the first picture of him (in the video)?

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why. -Unknown
I have recklessly set in motion a chain of events with the potential to so-drastically change the path of my life that I can only find it to be beautifully frightening.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

I got lots of laugh when watching those conversation intermezzos.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

It ate over 500MBs of RAM and froze during the "intro". Enough said.

---------
Signature.
----
[My Website] | [My YouTube Channel]

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

It may have been close to 1GB, how much of that was just waste from Firefox, I don't know, but with only 1GB of RAM, my home system just didn't like it one bit!

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

It may have been close to 1GB, how much of that was just waste from Firefox, I don't know, but with only 1GB of RAM, my home system just didn't like it one bit!

Ah, that would explain the problem I had. The computer I tried it on only has 512Mb RAM, and hardly anything free on the HD for swap space.

kazzmir
Member #1,786
December 2001

My computer only has 640k of ram, I figured that was enough to run today's applications!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Just kidding, I have 4 gigs.

Albin Engström
Member #8,110
December 2006

Not funny.. I thought it was an actuall game and now I'm dissapointed. :'(

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I'm dumb!

edit: awe dangit!! the tags between the letters trick doesn't work anymore. nooooooooo!!!

--

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I have 8 gigs. Beat that.

amber
Member #6,783
January 2006

<math>lol</math>

;D

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I'm dumb too!

{"name":"598277","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/4\/f48469d7bbe8af012feae6be32ce454e.jpg","w":375,"h":482,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/4\/f48469d7bbe8af012feae6be32ce454e"}598277

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Seppl
Member #4,656
May 2004

what a poor game...
or is there a joke to get?

1   2 

Go to: