I think i figured out why i am the way i am.
piccolo

Hey peoples.

I was just thinking to myself how I was going to select the people to be apart of my colony. Thats when it came to me that the way I was acting seem familiar to me.

It is because it was similar the story of Noah and the arch from the Bible.

My name come from the Bible and it happen to be the name of one of Noah's sons.

A while back I was studying the effects of a child's name on the way that child lives life.

for those that do not know the story the man build and big boat. I am making a space ship.

Then he selected the animals and humans that would be speared from the clenzing wrath of God.

Their has always been something in my head telling me i don't like the way the world is turning out.

This leads me to strongly beleave that the name you give a child will affect how the child turns out.

I think ill will start research on the names of lesbians and gays to see if it holds any ground in that area.

nonnus29

Flame on!

:D

Thomas Harte
Jerry Seinfeld said:

Did you ever notice a lot of butlers are named Jeeves? I think when you name a baby Jeeves; you've pretty much mapped out his future. Not much chance he's gonna be a hitman. "Terribly sorry, sir, but I'm going to have to whack you."

Epsi

I knew it was a topic from you just by reading the topic's name!

Matthew Leverton

So people still use the names Shem, Ham, and Japheth?

imaxcs

OH MY GOD!

Now he's gone completely bonkers.

Thomas Fjellstrom

Anyone else get the feeling we'll be hearing about piccolo in the news in the future?

Personally I think it'll be more akin to Waco than Ark like.

alethiophile

You can conclude anything from a suitably broad interpretation of statistics.

I'm not sure if that's a quote from somewhere, but it certainly matches my experience.

bamccaig
piccolo said:

for those that do not know the story the man build and big boat. I am making a space ship.

;D

Thomas Fjellstrom said:

Anyone else get the feeling we'll be hearing about piccolo in the news in the future?

Definitely. :-/

mEmO
Quote:

That's probably the most entertaining piece of posting I've seen here in a while.

LennyLen
Quote:

the story of Noah and the arch

That was just an early experiment. Noah quickly gave up on the arch idea when he couldn't figure out how to get the elephants on.

So, he got out his notepad, and went to strike out 'arch'. But the ink didn't start flowing until he got to the 'h', and then when he looked down, history was changed forever...

piccolo

My ganpa and my father both had the same name as me.

ever seen i was young i had these idea and thoughts.

I have them written in an old exsersize book. im going to go to the library to scan them and then post they.

Onewing
Quote:

Then he selected the animals and humans that would be speared from the clenzing wrath of God.

That's interesting, I didn't know that Noah also chose the ones to be "speared". ;D

I'm going to name my child "This" so he's always referencing himself in third person.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Quote:

ever seen i was young i had these idea and thoughts.

I had all sorts of ideas like this when I was young. Grew out of them fast though. So impractical.

bamccaig
Onewing said:

I'm going to name my child "This" so he's always referencing himself in third person.

;D

Matthew Leverton

I actually built a spaceship when I was young. The problem was I couldn't afford the fuel. :-/

So I gave it to NASA in exchange for some cool gloves.

Quote:

My ganpa and my father both had the same name as me.

So they built spaceships too?

Richard Phipps

I thought this would be a thread about Piccolo coming out.. :o

Vanneto

I have studied people for 10 years now from my massive Appolo XXI Spaceship I built myself. ( It uses a HyperDrive 3.1 modulator in an oscillating frequency flux).

Basically, piccolo, you are obsolete. You will be decommissioned in the next few days, return to Xilon IV when you feel like it, but your mission on Earth is over. ( status EPIC PHAIL ) ;D

Anyway, bookmarked, titled "Downfall of a Person: start of mental breakdown". What are the next symptoms? :P

piccolo

These pictures are very old.

This picture show how i make a research topic.
http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/594823

This is about the medical field
http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/594824

This is about the medical field too.
http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/594826

This is my therys on the globel warming and the end of the earth
http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/594825

These are my thoughts on life support system.
{"name":"594827","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/b\/9b8949a288f769b33d352dd73f64bb7b.jpg","w":2316,"h":1684,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/b\/9b8949a288f769b33d352dd73f64bb7b"}594827

This is talking about armor and fores shields
http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/594828

This is the start of my colony and terraforming
http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/594829

Edit: did any one else thing of these types of things when you were young?

Vanneto

OK, you seem to be a decent programmer, so here is something for you:

IDEA != IMPLEMENTATION

If you have ideas, thats great, but that doesn't mean you will actually make any of them happen. Micro robots? Please. You will achieve what hundreds of scientist could not?

Spaceships? What resources do you have that NASA doesn't? :P

Even if you get there (Venus), how will you survive in temperatures as high as 460°C?

piccolo

many of the ideas i had back then have been IMPLEMENTed but not by me.

what im saying is why was i thinking of theses type of things at that age?

Thomas Fjellstrom
Quote:

why was i thinking of theses type of things at that age?

Many were, and do. Its called an imagination. We would be NOWHERE without it.

relpatseht

Are there truly any left who do not believe the character "piccolo" is simply some other's alter ego used as some vague attempt at humor?

piccolo

In the forth picture i talk about the planet and the way that are because of their distance from the sun.

there was no other one like me in my primary school. the only thing the other kids like about science is the cool things i used to make an bring to school.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Quote:

Are there truly any left who do not believe the character "piccolo" is simply some other's alter ego used as some vague attempt at humor?

He's been here too long for that. I once thought the same thing about yves. Sadly it was not the case.

Onewing
Quote:

vague attempt at humor?

Vague attempt? Piccolo is humor incarnate!

piccolo

I think you guys know im not trying to be funny.

do you see how i study something.

I label the subject then ask questions then analyze the answers then ask more questions.

GullRaDriel

Man you are so great ...

FrankyR
Quote:

what im saying is why was i thinking of theses type of things at that age?

Definitely, I remember writing up things like that when I was a kid (~9 yrs old). I used to particularly enjoy designing layouts for crazy houses and amusement parks. Man, I'd love to find some of those things again, and the way my mom keeps stuff around, I wouldn't be surprised if they're hiding in a box somewhere.

piccolo
Quote:

crazy houses and amusement parks.

see thats not quite the same this has nothing to do with me having fun. Kids like to have fun. but when i did this stuff i was a serous as i am now.

edit:

Quote:

So they built spaceships too?

no i dont think so but my grampa work hard so my father would not have to leave in poverty in my home country he saved enough money so my father could movie to where i live now. and my father saved up enough money so i can live better then he did and get an education. my life was not a good life but it was better then my fathers. and now i have a job to do for my sons and the blood line.

Onewing
Quote:

do you see how i study something?

And now you're studying yourself and you are slightly surprised by what you've found. Evaluating yourself is a good thing as it can help you figure out what things you need to work on.

piccolo
Quote:

And now you're studying yourself and you are slightly surprised by what you've found. Evaluating yourself is a good thing as it can help you figure out what things you need to work on.

when i said "see how i study things" i ment in genarel, but your right i am studying myself. I do it because i want to reproduce my self in my offspring.

imaxcs

Piccolo is the true king of random!!
Screw all your Mersenne Twisters, just let him talk.

Richard Phipps

Ah! But did you make cool pottery, models, textilles, drawings and paintings like I did? :)

piccolo
Quote:

Ah! But did you make cool pottery, models, textilles, drawings and paintings like I did?

i did not make that type of stuff i made weapons like crossbows, super soakers, i made a plain out of Styrofoam. A speed boat out of wood all with out plans this is when there was no access to the internet. So every one was amassed.

I draw and wrote stories but they where labeled as disturbing so i stopped drawing for and writing and focused on my inventions.

GullRaDriel

You should change the weed type you smoke. Really, this one make you feeling too high.:'(

FrankyR
Quote:

see thats not quite the same this has nothing to do with me having fun. Kids like to have fun. but when i did this stuff i was a serous as i am now.

Okay, that's true about the amusement parks thing, but I was pretty serious about some of the house designs I did. I remember some of my designs had tires in the walls to act as insulation and they were all heated by running pipes of water through the walls from a reservoir that was solar-heated.

Jeff Bernard
Quote:

There are videos of piccolo on YouTube. He seems pretty real to me.

Slartibartfast
Quote:

This is bullcrap.

Piccolo, so are you Shem, Ham or Yaphet?
Guess: Yaphet, like Yaphet kotto from Homicide: Life on the Streets :P

piccolo
Quote:

but I was pretty serious about some of the house designs I did. I remember some of my designs had tires in the walls to act as insulation and they were all heated by running pipes of water through the walls from a reservoir that was solar-heated.

how did people react to your ideas or did you keep them to your self.

if you was serious why did you let go of the house designs ideas.
what happen to you that did not happen to me why you are different how you used to be and im still the same?

FrankyR

I think I showed my ideas to my parents and they were encouraging (as always). I wanted to be an architect for a long time. All the way up to high school that's what I told people I wanted to be 'when I grew up'. In high school I took all the CAD classes that were offered, but I was also exposed to programming classes for the first time too. I ended up enjoying my programming classes a lot more and started coding games as a hobby, so that influenced by decision to go to university for computer science as opposed to pursuing the architecture.

As far as a dramatic 'personality change' I would say that I still maintain an interest in developing new and interesting things, but it's more focused on my area of expertise (programming and CS) now. I think that probably goes for most of the people here: the crazy imagination one has as a child thinks up new ideas all the time and doesn't give too much thought to the implementation, but as you grow older you become more aware of the challenge in implementing these ideas so you begin to focus your creative energies on things you're more likely to be able to implement. Instead of designing a revolutionary house (something I have no expertise in) I am more likely to spend my time designing a revolutionary program or game (still difficult, but much more reasonable).

Onewing

I spent my childhood dreaming up different game ideas, still chasing those dreams today.

FrankyR
Quote:

I spent my childhood dreaming up different game ideas, still chasing those dreams today.

Oh, yeah. I should also add that as I child I used to design a lot of board games. After my CS course that changed to designing video games :)

piccolo
Quote:

you grow older you become more aware of the challenge in implementing these ideas

as a child i never had an implementation problem i was so good at substitution. the only problem i had was space. my family never owned a house so i was limited to what i could do in the yard.

there are some drawing of a tank in the same book i scaned the other pictures from.
i put together a team of kids from the neighborhood and we started to construct it.
it was big enough to hold 3-4 kids inside. one to control the tenses ball canon one to peddle power it and the other to stare it. later on we found a old engine and was planing to swap or the peddle power. but and old man that owned a nursery near by send we had to take it apart because people where complain that they could not get to the nursery( witch was bull crap because there was plenty of space to turn)

but yea i never had problems with implementation because i new development is an ongoing process.

Edit: i can just Imagen what i would have built if my parent owned a house by the water.

le_y_mistar

thread summary:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8117/urchin420ty5.png

Trent Gamblin
Quote:

This leads me to strongly beleave that the name you give a child will affect how the child turns out.

My name is Trent but you won't find me filling my hard drives by downloading torrents!

I think I've done more than my share of crying though. :-/

Ben Delacob

Are you really trying to design or build a space ship in real life? One that will carry people or one of those smarter, smaller lightweight things that use solar power and slowly rise out of the atmosphere?

aj5555

If you are thinking in terms of planets, micro robots aren't really that small!

Rampage

This thread is great. Just great.

Bob Keane

Admit it, Piccolo. You have PhDs in English, Psychology and Sociology. The reason you use bad grammar and spelling is because you are writing a post doctoral thesis on the effects it has on the human mind. ;D

bamccaig

If piccolo is really building a spaceship I'd love to know what his budget is. AFAIK, NASA's space shuttle's cost around $1.7 billion USD. I've seen cheaper rockets designed to take men into space (albeit, none of them have launched yet AFAIK), but if you're actually planning to travel to another planet and colonize it you'll need a lot more than today's most advanced space shuttle, let alone a cheap rocket... :-/ I'd estimate costs in the trillions of dollars and it might not even be feasible with today's technology.

Neil Black
Quote:

it might not even be feasible with today's technology.

It's completely possible, but I doubt it'll happen soon because of the costs involved.

Vanneto

Its not completely possible. Its not even remotely possible yet. Its more complicated then putting a man/men or women in a spaceship and launching them to another planet.

There are factors such as housing, solar radiation, psychological stress, etc. to consider. Even with the money, its far from "completely" possible.

Neil Black

It could be done with current technology. It will be much cheaper, easier, and safer with future technology, but that doesn't rule out our current technology. We can debate this if you like, but this really isn't the thread for it.

Edgar Reynaldo

- Vanneto -
Geez , don't be such a doubter. We've already put people on the moon , we've built a space station. Is building a station on the moon or mars such a stretch? Not really.

Vanneto

The moon cannot be compared to Mars. Mars is farther away then the moon, plus, if people go to mars, they would be there for some time, not just get there go back. Its presents a very difficult challenge.

Jonatan Hedborg
Quote:

Is building a station on the moon or mars such a stretch?

A station, maybe not... But colonization? yes.

Neil Black
Quote:

Its presents a very difficult challenge.

But not an impossible challenge. If you really want to debate this then make a new thread for it.

Kikaru

People seem to have some obsession with "technology". "Technology" is just how we measure what we know and how we apply it. It is nothing more than applying the way things work.

That said, when I was a little kid, I worked on ideas for mechs. Now, I work on ideas for ultrasonic sniper rifles. Imagination persists. :)

bamccaig
Thread Topic said:

I think i figured out why i am the way i am.

"The Way I Am" 8-)

Neil Black said:

If you really want to debate this then make a new thread for it.

Is It Feasible To Colonize Another Planet With Today's Technology?

piccolo
Quote:

Are you really trying to design or build a space ship in real life? One that will carry people or one of those smarter, smaller lightweight things that use solar power and slowly rise out of the atmosphere?

its a space ship not using the current technology meaning no rockets

Quote:

If you are thinking in terms of planets, micro robots aren't really that small!

micro robots were to be used in the medical feild. and in that picture i also said that it would be easer to clone a virus for the purpuss heal then making a micro robots. with the stuff i researched back then.

alethiophile

How would you propel it with no rockets?

Vanneto

Bullcrap? That would be the best solution, he has lots of it to spare! ;D

Jonatan Hedborg

You said it... *cough*

piccolo

i planed to make a new propeltion system. i plan to move with current forces

edit

Quote:

How would you propel it with no rockets?

This sounds like:
example: helicopter

how will it fly with out wings

Vanneto

Free Energy!? :o

Did you finish it? Could we have just a fraction of that? Common!! You get it for free! Give us some of that electricity!

alethiophile
Quote:

i plan to move with current forces

How will that work? The propulsion system is the heart of a spaceship; if you can't get it to work it's worthless.

Audric