Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » It's Monday at allegro.cc

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
It's Monday at allegro.cc
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I think we should have a weekly prize for best game idea on Monday afternoon.

And Matthew, why don't you hook the house speakers up for this one would you?

media player

You should stream it live every Monday as an annoying background music.

:-X

EDIT
NVM, Audio is broken. >:( Just download the attachment and enjoy.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

That's actually really funny. Did you make this just now?

Or is this an older piece that I missed? I think the "Monday problem" has peaked around 2005...

P.S. I have plenty of game ideas so I'm happy to share some next Monday...

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

I have plenty of game ideas so I'm happy to share some next Monday...

Roll on Monday, can't wait!

Hang on, which next Monday are we going to see these ideas ???

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

It's looks like a draft version of the masterpiece at https://www.allegro.cc/music/ from 300 years ago.

I need to add my bambam duet to that.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

King Piccolo (Draft) - Lyrics and Vocals: Matthew Leverton; Music: Piccolo

you may need an update. I am Thoth the Atlantean King Piccolo SUN and way more than a time machine is possible

https://soundcloud.com/piccolo-sun/how-to-use-sexual-energy-real-understanding-of-semen-retention

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

That wasn't what I wanted

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Ok, my first Monday idea is:

Like Minecraft (build blocks, craft stuff, infinite world), but you only need one license to play with a group of colleagues, and it runs in a browser so they don't need to install anything. (Compare with krunker.io). It should also have proximity chat built in.

You can have this idea totally for free, you only have to make it. Can't wait to see when it's done. But get it done before next Monday, because then I'll share my next idea.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Ok, my next Monday game idea is an RPG/Pokemon game, but instead of collecting little pocket monsters, you have to collect all common chemical elements, from Oxygen to Magnesium to Uranium. Each element has its own battle stats, appearance and special moves. There are only a little over 100 elements so this should be a piece of cake. And of course there should be a gripping emotional background story about starting and completing an elements collection.

Oh and yes, make it MMO too.

;D

(Somebody will have to reply so I can post another one next week)

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

You may have to moderate your expectations. :-/

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

My Monday idea is a band manager game, with hundreds of loops (drums/bass/lead guitar). At the start of the game, the loops will be played out of key, and at varying tempos, which will sound horrible. As the band progress (through proper management), they will start to sound better, and gain a fan base. Poor management of the band will result in them either leaving the group, or the loops being out of key/pitch again, will affect gigs/fans. The ultimate goal would be to get the band signed to a label. Elements of Rockstar ate my hamster mixed with a more thorough/modern management system, and a built in "studio" to layer different loops to make decent songs (using some underlying formula for song success).

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

I did enjoy playing The Biz back in the day and it would be awesome to have a version with actual music in it. I did think of doing a remake once but the music industry doesn't seem to work like that any more (traipsing round pub venues until you get talent-spotted) so it seemed a bit weird.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

So it's not Monday anymore, but... three words: pet. rock. simulator. 8-) Guaranteed to sell millions. Make it happen.

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

Reminds me of a Phineas and Ferb episode

Quote:

What we need is a toy so stupidly simple... So basically bland... So idiotically uncomplicated... That it can do absolutely anything.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

The audio don't exist, 404 in all the sides.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Here is my contribution:

*By contributing to this project, I the contributor agree to render my soul to Bob Keane.I understand this is a legally binding contract and contribute it of my own free will. By using this project, I, the user, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I understand this is a legally binding contract and use the software on my own free will.*

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

No. It should definitely be GPL v3 so our code dominates cyberspace and turns into Skynet

EDIT

Ok, my next Monday game idea is an RPG/Pokemon game, but instead of collecting little pocket monsters, you have to collect all common chemical elements, from Oxygen to Magnesium to Uranium. Each element has its own battle stats, appearance and special moves. There are only a little over 100 elements so this should be a piece of cake. And of course there should be a gripping emotional background story about starting and completing an elements collection.

Actually, that's a rather good idea. And you can attack by making chemical reactions.

Who wants to form a commission on the committee to conduct contributions to code?

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Actually, that's a rather good idea.

Of course! But you missed your window. It's time for the next one.

My next idea is: a text adventure that is procedurally generated by an AI. The game has all the classic features of a text adventure: typed commands, atmospheric text descriptions of your environment, a spirit of fantasy and adventure. And a great sense of humour. All of it AI-generated. Of course the AI should also perfectly understand all your written commands. From 'go north' to 'say to the shopkeeper to sell me his sword or I will kick his dog'. The AI will always understand and respond in a logical manner that is consistent with the game world.

You can probably get something going quickly with GPT-3, should be plenty easy.

edit: oh yeah, make it online multiplayer too. Actually, no wait, that's just IRC.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

There are a lot of social networking sites out there, Facebook, LinkdIn, etc. How about one for people like me, who know the world is full of guano crazy people and want nothing to do with them? We could call it "Get Outta My Face -Book".

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Penny arcade had a similar suggestion:
{"name":"qtxrl9-SkmXUG6a.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/c\/9cbeb431025466543078d22d31607f3f.jpg","w":2100,"h":875,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/c\/9cbeb431025466543078d22d31607f3f"}qtxrl9-SkmXUG6a.jpg

Go to: